Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v SF at Fremantle 6 years 9 months ago #128427

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Looking at some positives out of the game yesterday was we played probably the best footy we have for 3 years in that 1st qtr and a half against quality opposition unfortunately we just couldnt sustain it.
Looking ahead hopefully we might get some of our injured senior personnel back after the bye with any luck and I wouldnt be surprised if Sam Taylor gets a look at senior footy before years end either.

In place of whom BH? Also, how id you rate Smirk's performance yesterday?

How did you rate it 42?...can we assume you are a doubting Thomas?!?! :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v SF at Fremantle 6 years 9 months ago #128443

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Looking at some positives out of the game yesterday was we played probably the best footy we have for 3 years in that 1st qtr and a half against quality opposition unfortunately we just couldnt sustain it.
Looking ahead hopefully we might get some of our injured senior personnel back after the bye with any luck and I wouldnt be surprised if Sam Taylor gets a look at senior footy before years end either.

In place of whom BH? Also, how id you rate Smirk's performance yesterday?

How did you rate it 42?...can we assume you are a doubting Thomas?!?! :dry:

A surprise selection for Saturday's game and would be a surprise selection if he was selected for our next league game in two weeks.

Which player would you consider will come into consideration for our league team in 2018 BH: Sam Taylor or Jack Watson?

Swans v SF at Fremantle 6 years 9 months ago #128445

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Smirk played as a defensive forward on Wilson, going by Wilson's stats he did his job.
why Harding thinks that was a smart coaching move is a bigger question.
South took over in the mid-field, the balance of our team looked strange on the weekend and we couldn't match with South once we thought we could hold a 7 goal lead from early in the 2nd qtr, played too defensive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender, ArkRoyal

Swans v SF at Fremantle 6 years 9 months ago #128479

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
MO: too true, defensive play has crept in across the board in the code. I read somewhere that a whole group of coaches went over to England to see people, such as Ferguson, to learn how to implement defensive tactics.

Swans v SF at Fremantle 6 years 9 months ago #128522

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

MarkOlsen wrote: Smirk played as a defensive forward on Wilson, going by Wilson's stats he did his job.
why Harding thinks that was a smart coaching move is a bigger question.
South took over in the mid-field, the balance of our team looked strange on the weekend and we couldn't match with South once we thought we could hold a 7 goal lead from early in the 2nd qtr, played too defensive.

Exactly as I saw it MO...Smirk did all that was asked of him but how big a difference was a nil-all draw of a defensive player gonna make to the result. I'd like to hear the reasons, if for nothing else but to understand the mindset of modern coaching methods. Game is starting to pass me by :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 341 guests and one member online

• TheRock

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest