Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127540

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I note that Chris didn't play reserves on Saturday and Greg Harding has indicated that he will resume this week.
I'm wondering if the coaching staff are looking at rolling the dice with Chris at some stage soon as we are running out of weeks in the season and if Chris is going to have some sort of impact on Swans campaign in 2017 he will have to be given a game soon.

I know that they are being careful with his injury issues given his previous history and I am also making an assumption that all is good on the mental health side as well, but all things being equal he is far too good a player to be languishing in the ressies for long.

Is it too ambitious to suggest that if Chris could get through a whole reserves game this week, he could be given a spot in the league team for the game at Fremantle on July 15? There is a bye the week after that so he could be assessed during this period with the view to him playing the last block of matches in the season. The theory then would be that he would be a bit match hardened for the finals if we manage to get there. Another alternative would be to give him 2 reserves games and bring him in after the bye.

Sounds optimistic I guess but I think they need to give Chris at least 3 or 4 league games before any potential final to give him a chance to find his feet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127551

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: I note that Chris didn't play reserves on Saturday and Greg Harding has indicated that he will resume this week.
I'm wondering if the coaching staff are looking at rolling the dice with Chris at some stage soon as we are running out of weeks in the season and if Chris is going to have some sort of impact on Swans campaign in 2017 he will have to be given a game soon.

I know that they are being careful with his injury issues given his previous history and I am also making an assumption that all is good on the mental health side as well, but all things being equal he is far too good a player to be languishing in the ressies for long.

Is it too ambitious to suggest that if Chris could get through a whole reserves game this week, he could be given a spot in the league team for the game at Fremantle on July 15? There is a bye the week after that so he could be assessed during this period with the view to him playing the last block of matches in the season. The theory then would be that he would be a bit match hardened for the finals if we manage to get there. Another alternative would be to give him 2 reserves games and bring him in after the bye.

Sounds optimistic I guess but I think they need to give Chris at least 3 or 4 league games before any potential final to give him a chance to find his feet.

Mikeh I would love to have him in our league team. But the bottom line is he is not even close to being fit enough to run out a league game at the moment. Also, I think it would send the wrong message to our ressies if he wasn't to earn a league game on merit.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127554

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: I note that Chris didn't play reserves on Saturday and Greg Harding has indicated that he will resume this week.

Mikeh I would love to have him in our league team. But the bottom line is he is not even close to being fit enough to run out a league game at the moment. Also, I think it would send the wrong message to our ressies if he wasn't to earn a league game on merit.

Swan42 I was thinking about the loss of Rogers and the need to replace his input in the forward line. Chris may not be fit enough to run out a game in the midfield however if he was stationed as a forward, even if he only got around 8 or 9 possessions in a game, he has the class to convert these into 3 or 4 goals which may be the difference between winning and losing a final.
I agree that he has to earn his spot however as an ex AFL player I would think that he has more credentials than the average reserves player and if the coaching staff can see a role which uses his skills they should go for it.
I will be watching closely to see how he goes in the ressies this Saturday.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127821

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Despite Harding saying on his weekly coaches blog that Chris would be playing reserves this week, he didn't turn out today. This now makes me wonder if Chris maybe has gone backwards with his mental health or if he is still having hamstring niggles or if there is some other reason why he isn't turning out. Whatever the reason I think time has almost run out in 2017 for Chris to make an impact. I know a number of people have commented that he is not physically fit enough to be considered for a league game at the moment which is a great shame because in terms of skills he is far more accomplished than most of the players in black and white jumpers today. It's a catch 22 though, if he doesn't play regularly he will never get fit.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127827

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
good point grassman.....

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127829

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

Grassy wrote: Name him on the bench in the Rsssies and qualify him for the League Finals.

If it's good enough for That CentreLink Mob down Cockburn way,.............:whistle:

Why not, Peelmantle have started their dirty tricks by naming Harley Bennell on their Resies team sheet and not playing him.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127839

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Name him on the bench in the Rsssies and qualify him for the League Finals.

If it's good enough for That CentreLink Mob down Cockburn way,.............:whistle:

I suspect that Chris Yarran would be able to legitimately qualify for the finals by playing enough ressies and/or league games without stopping to the Victorian Parasite League tactics. I along with all the other Swans' supporters and probably all WAFL supporters would love to see Chris Yarran playing league footy for Swans. However, the first priority should always be his health and if that is fine then base his league selection on merit.

Chris Yarran 6 years 8 months ago #127854

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

He is a Swans player mate not an AFL listed one thus doesnt need any qualifying!

Chris Yarran 6 years 7 months ago #131146

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
What a courageous interview Chris did this week. He should be applauded for it! I hope he inspires others who are taking the same course he was on to get clean. He has a powerful message for young people.
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Dwert

Last edit: by Swandog.
  • Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 372 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma