Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126683

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Great to see Crowley back but to balance this out we have lost Rogers and Ugle to injury and Grescos has been dropped. Also Cipro not named as an out but he is not in the team and has been named in ressies. Braydon Hackett named for his first game since round 9 last year.
I really hope we can respond to the awful effort last week, A loss here could see us drop to 7th. I recall a match at Bassendean a few years ago where we beat East Perth by a goal in a high pressure game. Maybe a repeat of this with any luck.
Would appreciate a match report from someone as I will miss this week due to being away with work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126687

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: Great to see Crowley back but to balance this out we have lost Rogers and Ugle to injury and Grescos has been dropped. Also Cipro not named as an out but he is not in the team and has been named in ressies. Braydon Hackett named for his first game since round 9 last year.
I really hope we can respond to the awful effort last week, A loss here could see us drop to 7th. I recall a match at Bassendean a few years ago where we beat East Perth by a goal in a high pressure game. Maybe a repeat of this with any luck.
Would appreciate a match report from someone as I will miss this week due to being away with work.

I'll be there mikeh so will take some mental notes for ya ...Good to see Hackett back in, do like this kid

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126693

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Great to see Crowley back but to balance this out we have lost Rogers and Ugle to injury and Grescos has been dropped. Also Cipro not named as an out but he is not in the team and has been named in ressies. Braydon Hackett named for his first game since round 9 last year.

Rogers and Ugle are HUGE outs for us.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126695

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Likely to be another tough day with that side.Id consider playing Yukich and changing him and Nuich off the bench.keep Gault forward and Cary back or go with a Gault,Cary,Noble forward line supported by Stewart,Hackett and Banfield.We have to find a way to kick at least 12 goals or we simply have no chance.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126766

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
First I heard today was when a friend texted me at 3 quarter time to say Swans were up 77-36. What a great performance that must have been by the boys, wish I had been there. A fantastic response by the team to the demoralising game at Claremont last week. An epic performance befitting Matt Riggios 150th... Delighted
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126767

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Rick Carey got 7.The defence was solid spoiling East Perth long bombs all day.All the indigenous boys where fantastic.Really solid for 3.5 quarters. EP kicked the last 5 goals.
Liked the fwds pressure all day .Made it hard for EP to move the ball quickly out of defence.Swans midfield cut EP to pieces in the 3rd qtr.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126770

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Well done SD....good to see any fear of the alignment dominance within the WAFL be put to bed with that SD win....obviously the heartless athletes turned up today instead of the professional athletes......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126773

• River Rat
  • Thank you received: 5
Played with passion and pride today. Great day today.
The first three quarters was some of their best footy this year.
The pressure was good and they used the ball as well as they have all season I would say. They kicked with purpose and hit their targets and really looked confident in using their skills.
Mackenzie I thought played well. Notte solid again. Banfield again worked hard all day. It was nice to see Ricky looking focused and really tuned in.
Really hard to understand what happened last week we you see a performance like this.
Now they need to back this up.

Was good to see the reserves play as well as they did to. Again the energy and effort were great.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126774

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Interesting day at the footy. Middle of winter and I got sunburnt even though I was bloody cold from start to finish. Great atmosphere at the ground today with the sunny weather and all the juniors down for their parade. Hard to predict crowd numbers with all the Rugrats running around.

Colts - tough game up until the last qtr where for the 3rd week in a row we turned it up and got properly rolled. A lot of changes, so many new faces again, already close to 60 kids have had a crack at it this season I was told today. Half the side didn't even register double figure stats so going on that we had no chance of winning. A couple of cracking marks from players of both teams but none better than the hanger in front of the members by SD player #57, from memory Kickett. A new face who took an absolute pearler of a grab. Did notice a number of F bombs getting dropped by both the coach and the shaved head defensive coach during the breaks addressing the players. Potty mouths them too. Club should install a swear jar and it would soon erase our finance woes. Thought #17 Reidy played ok and enjoyed watching Humphries at times who can play.

Reserves - good win. Didn't watch the first half too close as I was having a chat to the great man out on the wing, PJ. He is just gold to talk footy with. In good faith won't detail his shared opinions , he'll usually do that himself but really enjoyed the discussion, his opinion and feel he has for the youngsters coming thru. As for the ressies was a feisty game and a good team effort to smash the royals. Liked seeing both the Daniels boys working themselves in to some form and so too Brody Sutton with 4 goals although I might start referring to him as Forrest Gump after the gait he displayed after rolling his ankle in the 3rd. Like a zombie dragging the back leg for the last qtr. Hats off to him for a couple of off the ball efforts that resulted in goals in the 3rd and playing out the game. His old boy would be proud.

League - great win by our blokes in what honestly was a pretty lacklustre affair. EP looked unbeatable on paper but seriously what a limp effort they put up at times. They smashed us early in the clearances but did nothing with it. This let us work in to the game and as the match went on really until the result was all but conceded they hardly beat us in a contest. 14 Partington for them was clearly their best. Lycett and Masten touched it many times but didn't really hurt us. As for our guys I thought it was a solid team performance. Bennell was BOG for mine in a very slick performance even though Ricky had 7 on the board. I'm not usually one to bash umpires but Cary could of had another 5 if those green midgets had of paid clear holding free kicks to him throughout the match. To the umps credit they did let the game go a bit but geez they missed a few in our forward 50 whilst blowing the whistle at the sign of a fart in the other direction. Riggs and Ellard were solid in the midfield to compliment Bennell's run. I could go through the whole side but will just pick out a few. Coniglio looked up to the level today and I hope they persist with him. Hackett did ok too against some big name opponents. Wityk kicked 3 and I thought he complimented Cary well up forward although this did seem to change up the role of Noble today who couldn't get near it early before working his way in to it during the 3rd. The other fella I just have to mention is Tony Notte. How can you not love the way this fella plays week in week out for our footy club. He is bloody brilliant and loved a few of his big intercept marks today. Hats off to you big Notte, you killed em today. Crowley was an important in today providing some much needed fire in the furnace and had half of EP looking to have a crack at him during the first half. Quality return after a lay off from Crowles. Was good to see some overhead marks sticking for Gault today. One abnomily I did notice in looking at the stats after the game was Nuich didn't have a Hit Out registered against his name. Not sure if that is a fault or if he just couldn't reach as high as Giles and Lycett could. I'll have another look later to see if my eyes were deceiving me.

My last comment for now is a crack at WCE Chris Masten. Coming back on to the ground at one stage in the 2nd qtr he got a rather tame heckle regarding the statistician from a SD supporter near the interchange bench only to reply running back towards the interchange after running back on to the ground something along the lines of " you effing old C...t" . Totally unnecessary over the top response which once again is an example of how putrid a stain the WCE are on our football and general community. If ya can't handle some sideline banter of that nature you should give it up pretty boy Masten. Great example you set to the young kids who worship you just because of the colours you wear. Grow up!

Anyways you know the day has gone well when you see the absent skipper of our club sitting on the outer wing amongst the crowd having a cuddle out in the sun with I assume his significant other during the last. How we won so easily against the team that we lined up against today is the real question? EP were remarkably poor today considering the quality of the names they had on their team sheet. Dare I say a heartless performance by a bunch of reserves players.

Edit - forgot to mention Banners, his defensive efforts set the tone for us early and he was in our best few once again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V East Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #126777

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
That performance was remarkably similar to the SF game earlier in the year.
If only we could somehow replicate that effort more often than not.
Strong wins by not only the League but also the Ressies boys who also had a red hot dip and got the deserved result whilst the Colts boys are struggling at the moment with so many boys missing due to WA 18s, 17s, 16s & PSA commitments but on the positive side we are at least giving many of our kids from our zone an opportunity to showcase their respective wares.
DW Nuich didn't play in the ruck at all yesterday he was playing a role down back on the Eagles resting rucks when they went up forward Lycett, Giles & at times McInnes.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 102 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL