Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126427

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
I think you will find his role also involves certain community activities as well as being Senior Coach.
To try and answer your question AR I am not 100% certain but I am sure the new CEO must be currently looking at that I assume as haven't heard too much from him since he started.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126478

• Davo
  • Thank you received: 0

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Leedy wrote:

mikeh wrote: Does anyone know the situation with Freddie Clutterbuck? He hasn't played either reserves or league since the bye and his last game was a 45 possession effort in the reserves against Peel. I assume he must have an injury?

Mike H,

I heard on 91.3 that Freddy had a work accident and severed a fair portion of his thumb, he is out for a lengthy period whilst it heals.

That's awful Leedy. First I've heard of it. I'm disappointed that Greg or the club didn't see fit to let the supporters know about this via the endless stream of coaches and club updates over the past few weeks, so that Swans fans could wish him well in his recovery. Freddie has contributed a great deal to Swans since he has been here and he will be missed. Hopefully he can have some sort of coaching role at the club during his recovery.

I am pretty sure Freddy's injury was mentioned a couple of weeks back Mike!

Cheers BH must have missed it, I was away during the bye. Hope he can get back on the park before the end of the season.....

Work accident? Not many work accidents happen at 3 in the morning. Think that is why there hasn't been a big announcement about his injury.

Had a great chat with Chris Yarran at the Quinns TAB between races today. Really nice guy even though he wasn't having much luck ha ha. He told me he feels he is ready to play just wants Harding to give him a chance. Hope it is this week.

Last edit: by Davo.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126496

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I often bump in to Chris at my local Quinn's TAB when collecting my winnings. Maybe Freddie is working night shift DAVO?

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126558

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leedy wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Underdog wrote: Absolutely woeful.

On a related note, I was excited to see the new ground but was extremely unimpressed when I arrived. I'm sure it's great from a club perspective, but from a viewing perspective, it's worse than before. I'm hoping there is significantly more development to come because I have no desire to return (particularly with Swans in such form)

Agree underdog, it was a bit underwhelming with all the cranes around, although like yourself my opinion was probably influenced by what was happening on the field. I'm sure it will be a decent viewing ground when it doesnt resemble a building site.
On another note I am starting to wonder whether the players are listening to Greg anymore. His 3 quarter time message where he implored the players to win the last quarter fell on deaf ears with most of the team and there was just no energy or commitment from the majority of the group for the entire game. Maybe after 7 years of Harding its time for a change in 2018? No reflection on Greg as I think he has been generally a good coach at Swans and I have supported him, but every coach has his use by date.

Funny you mention that boys. I asked Swan Dog to send me a pic of the new Claremont Oval and I dead set thought it was a pic of the old stand :) I will see with my own eyes next week but it looks very much like a new version of the old club rooms.

Yep underwhelming is the perfect description. Was also good to see the ground manager pull up the Claremont clown with his son who wouldnt stop dribbling shit throughout ressies and league at the top of his lungs and got racial at one point too which caused the SD cameraman to step in. He surely isn't all there
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126578

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
One thing I did notice about the ground was the dimensions. Not sure if they have changed but she felt skinny on the grandstand side flank. The surface still appears reasonably uneven as it has done in the past.

Thoughts re the game as the week has gone on. Maybe we miss Blighty and his characteristic energy more than expected. He certainly does add some intensity in areas others don't. Hope his injury lay off is not too long. Arm or wrist injury, can anyone here elaborate?

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126581

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: One thing I did notice about the ground was the dimensions. Not sure if they have changed but she felt skinny on the grandstand side flank. The surface still appears reasonably uneven as it has done in the past.

Thoughts re the game as the week has gone on. Maybe we miss Blighty and his characteristic energy more than expected. He certainly does add some intensity in areas others don't. Hope his injury lay off is not too long. Arm or wrist injury, can anyone here elaborate?

DW what were your views on Taryce Stewart's game on Saturday?

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126602

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote: One thing I did notice about the ground was the dimensions. Not sure if they have changed but she felt skinny on the grandstand side flank. The surface still appears reasonably uneven as it has done in the past.

Broken thumb DW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126604

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

DW what were your views on Taryce Stewart's game on Saturday?

Hardly noticed him out there 42 which is very unlike Taryce. I am staggered he was dropped from the 18's game, his season so far has been outstanding and surely he is on the AFL radar. Without having a clue surely there is something more to it than simply poor form. His last 2 for SD haven't been great but previous to that he has been playing great footy

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 873 guests and 3 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL