Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126286

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194

Beasley Hutton wrote: Not much more to add to what the others have posted already that was an absolutely pathetic performance today.
Finals are virtually done now so time to have a good look at all positions at the club over the next 9 weeks as we have been going nowhere since 2010!

Mate Swan Districts are in a position to shape the top 5 - and Claremont are always hard to beat at Claremont there are sides who will lose there including South in that.
I think Crowley might mix things up soon enough and if Yarran can come in later it'll be a vastly different line-up and Ellard needs the chop-out in the guts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126287

• Danger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42

Southerner wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Not much more to add to what the others have posted already that was an absolutely pathetic performance today.
Finals are virtually done now so time to have a good look at all positions at the club over the next 9 weeks as we have been going nowhere since 2010!

Mate Swan Districts are in a position to shape the top 5 - and Claremont are always hard to beat at Claremont there are sides who will lose there including South in that.
I think Crowley might mix things up soon enough and if Yarran can come in later it'll be a vastly different line-up and Ellard needs the chop-out in the guts

I think we all best move on from the fantasy that Chris Yarran will play league football this year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Dirty Weekender

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126297

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Whilst this shocker of a performance is still fresh in the memory (unfortunately) where do we make changes and with which personnel?
Over the next 9 games I would like to see some of the following given extended stints in the League team as they will be the future going forward...The Daniels boys once they get their respective fitness up after long term injuries, Hackett, Ridley, MacKenzie, Fullgrabbe, Maguire, Coniglio, Wityk, Power, Kirkup, Yukich, Sutton et al.
For mine both Watson & Grescos continue to make horrific clangers in defence and need a spell in the Reserves, Manton had a mare yesterday (0 tackles) after bringing a refreshing zeal vs Perth a fortnight ago, Slater has some decent attributes but probably just doesnt do enough (0 tackles) yesterday, even Nuich & Turner have stagnated.
Only 1 win in our last 6 games and even though we have been competitive in all bar the Subi & Clare games our season has hit a real flat spot so much so that we havent won in any grade for 3 weeks with the Eagles Reserves to come this week!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126298

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

I'm with you here BH. After yesterday's 3qtr time speech, insert reminder here " the most inept embarrassing performance not just in SD history but possibly in the history of the WAFL" , where does the coach go to from
here? That's as scathing an analysis from a coach I've ever heard in all my time in footy and the players didn't give a yelp for the final 30 mins. Not sure there can be any more tools left in the bag...seriously where to now from that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126299

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote: Whilst this shocker of a performance is still fresh in the memory (unfortunately) where do we make changes and with which personnel?
Over the next 9 games I would like to see some of the following given extended stints in the League team as they will be the future going forward...The Daniels boys once they get their respective fitness up after long term injuries, Hackett, Ridley, MacKenzie, Fullgrabbe, Maguire, Coniglio, Wityk, Power, Kirkup, Yukich, Sutton et al.
For mine both Watson & Grescos continue to make horrific clangers in defence and need a spell in the Reserves, Manton had a mare yesterday (0 tackles) after bringing a refreshing zeal vs Perth a fortnight ago, Slater has some decent attributes but probably just doesnt do enough (0 tackles) yesterday, even Nuich & Turner have stagnated.
Only 1 win in our last 6 games and even though we have been competitive in all bar the Subi & Clare games our season has hit a real flat spot so much so that we havent won in any grade for 3 weeks with the Eagles Reserves to come this week!

Where do you feel Ricky Cary currently fits in the side BH?

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126301

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Whilst this shocker of a performance is still fresh in the memory (unfortunately) where do we make changes and with which personnel?

Where do you feel Ricky Cary currently fits in the side BH?

A good question DW.
I would leave him down back for a bit as he given very little up forward for some time now or even into the Ruck for an extended spell...

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126302

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Cary was in front most of the time up forward, his opponent was all over him and on another day might have got a free or two.
Cary has been pretty lazy in the past but yesterday playing forward wasn't easy and he was ok when sent back but agreed should have been tried in the ruck to give us some run.
Mid field has workers but no pace and Grescos and Watson turn it over every time coming out of defence.
Slater can run but spends his day near the boundary line.
Coach needs to sort it out as once the pressure came on yesterday we had no answer and too much left to too few and we are so slow to move the ball
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126303

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
There was a Brazilian festival on at the Royal Show.Parking was a nightmare.Only one small kiosk for food and drink.Whats the grounds capacity around 4000.The new stand and entry look very impressive.Hard to judge the total redevelopment for a few years.When it's all finished.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126304

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Hang on a minute guys. Keep this in context. Yesterday was an absolute stinker but Swans are still 6 - 5 and still in the top five, yet people are talking as if the season is over already. The players can turn this around and a win next week would change the whole tone of the season again. There is a fair bit of character in our guys and I would be surprised if they were not thoroughly embarrassed by yesterdays performance and will want to respond in a meaningful way next week. Keep the faith. I must admit I had a laugh when I read that Harding apparently described the performance yesterday as the worst in Swans history!! From someone who has followed Swans since I was a little tacker in 1968, I could assure him that that would not even rate in the top 20 worst performances that I have seen from SD.............sad but true.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 10 months ago #126311

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote:

Underdog wrote: Absolutely woeful.

On a related note, I was excited to see the new ground but was extremely unimpressed when I arrived. I'm sure it's great from a club perspective, but from a viewing perspective, it's worse than before. I'm hoping there is significantly more development to come because I have no desire to return (particularly with Swans in such form)

Agree underdog, it was a bit underwhelming with all the cranes around, although like yourself my opinion was probably influenced by what was happening on the field. I'm sure it will be a decent viewing ground when it doesnt resemble a building site.
On another note I am starting to wonder whether the players are listening to Greg anymore. His 3 quarter time message where he implored the players to win the last quarter fell on deaf ears with most of the team and there was just no energy or commitment from the majority of the group for the entire game. Maybe after 7 years of Harding its time for a change in 2018? No reflection on Greg as I think he has been generally a good coach at Swans and I have supported him, but every coach has his use by date.

Funny you mention that boys. I asked Swan Dog to send me a pic of the new Claremont Oval and I dead set thought it was a pic of the old stand :) I will see with my own eyes next week but it looks very much like a new version of the old club rooms.

Last edit: by Leedy.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 653 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977