Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126251

• River Rat
  • Thank you received: 5
Embarassing!!! 3 qtr time and I think Claremont could walk off the ground and Swans would still not come close. A poor effort would be an improvement. No energy no spark looked slow and uninterested. Skills were horrible. Honestly this looked very much like what we had to endure last year. Hard to see coaches summary going beyond "we were shit" it will be unnecessarily wordy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by River Rat.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126252

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
What a load of shit football played today. I wonder if the players feel guilty when receiving their match payments!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126270

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Lucky for Swans,Claremont missed a lot of easy ones in the 2nd qtr.When things are bad they can allways go further pear shaped.
That's the umpires in the 2nd qtr who where very poor.6 our 7 ,50/50 decisions went Claremonts way.
Doesn't change the result of change the fact that the Tigers where far to good.But poor umpiring normally means a poor game of footy.
Was it 13 or 14 where we really struggled after mid season.And it came down to that last qtr in that final down at East Freo.Have to look at last year and how much improvement. But doesn't look like there to much more in the tank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126271

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I am at a total loss to describe what I saw today. I cannot accept that Claremont are an 11 goal better team than Swans, maybe Subiaco are and I thought that we at least tried against them. As a supporter I can take a defeat by a more skilled team as long as Swans put in the required effort. Todays "effort" was so much under the benchmark that it is hardly worth talking about. To allow the opposition so much easy ball,through the lack of intensity and energy is not worthy of a team playing for the Swan Districts jumper. Claremont played in front all day and supported each other really well and handballed and kicked to good effect but I think even they wouid have been surprised how easy it was,especially after half time. It was a performance that had 2016 written all over it. I know the wheels have been wobbling a bit over the past month but they came completely off today and I am wondering how we can now try and turn this around.
Harding demanded an effort from them at 3 quarter time and most of them gave nothing. Swans fans deserve better. Many of them, including myself, follow them around all over the metro area and then the players serve up a performance like that. I'm sorry La Hincha, but I honestly couldn't pick 8 of our players who would deserve votes this week so I'm going to defer to someone who may be able to look at things a bit more objectively than me at the moment.

FFS even Maister was running around our defenders and kicking goals. Talk about training cones. The kid from Broome (number 52) is a decent player and kicked some speccies in the last quarter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126273

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Not much more to add to what the others have posted already that was an absolutely pathetic performance today.
Finals are virtually done now so time to have a good look at all positions at the club over the next 9 weeks as we have been going nowhere since 2010!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clear-View, gtrxuone

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126275

• Underdog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Absolutely woeful.

On a related note, I was excited to see the new ground but was extremely unimpressed when I arrived. I'm sure it's great from a club perspective, but from a viewing perspective, it's worse than before. I'm hoping there is significantly more development to come because I have no desire to return (particularly with Swans in such form)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126278

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Absolutely pumped today Swannies, thought I was going to see a cracking game of WAFL today but instead watched Men versus boys! (Which was great !)
As Mikeh said even Big Beau (who almost needs a wheelchair nowadays) was sidestepping blokes!
Number 52 Mikeh is little Cj Oakley, he's about five foot one but makes Cyril Rioli look slow!
Anyway, not goin to rub it in too much we are still a game behind you.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126279

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Underdog wrote: Absolutely woeful.

On a related note, I was excited to see the new ground but was extremely unimpressed when I arrived. I'm sure it's great from a club perspective, but from a viewing perspective, it's worse than before. I'm hoping there is significantly more development to come because I have no desire to return (particularly with Swans in such form)

Agree underdog, it was a bit underwhelming with all the cranes around, although like yourself my opinion was probably influenced by what was happening on the field. I'm sure it will be a decent viewing ground when it doesnt resemble a building site.
On another note I am starting to wonder whether the players are listening to Greg anymore. His 3 quarter time message where he implored the players to win the last quarter fell on deaf ears with most of the team and there was just no energy or commitment from the majority of the group for the entire game. Maybe after 7 years of Harding its time for a change in 2018? No reflection on Greg as I think he has been generally a good coach at Swans and I have supported him, but every coach has his use by date.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126280

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: Absolutely pumped today Swannies, thought I was going to see a cracking game of WAFL today but instead watched Men versus boys! (Which was great !)
As Mikeh said even Big Beau (who almost needs a wheelchair nowadays) was sidestepping blokes!
Number 52 Mikeh is little Cj Oakley, he's about five foot one but makes Cyril Rioli look slow!

Yep young Oakley is a real eye catcher TOO, I'm sure performances like that will attract the attention of AFL scouts. How many games has he played?

Don't fret , you probably won't be behind us for much longer.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Claremont at the new Tigerland 6 years 9 months ago #126282

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

mikeh wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: Absolutely pumped today Swannies, thought I was going to see a cracking game of WAFL today but instead watched Men versus boys! (Which was great !)

Yep young Oakley is a real eye catcher TOO, I'm sure performances like that will attract the attention of AFL scouts. How many games has he played?

Don't fret , you probably won't be behind us for much longer.

Young Chris Oakley played his second league game today, one more league game than his old man Rev who I was stoked to catch up with at the game today after playing footy with him in Broome back in 1996. Make no mistake, young Chris has some good pedigree. Hands down his old man was and is the most naturally gifted individual I ever had the pleasure of sharing a team strip with. Oakley Senior (Chris's grandfather) from all reports was a brilliant footballer also emulating from the Carnarvon region as far as I'm aware. On what was a bloody bleak day for my footy club to catch up with Rev, to know he has survived life's hardships & turmoils and see his son perform at the level he did today was a blessing. There is more to life than footy results somedays and today was one of those days. Young Chris if you get to read this I saw your old man looking across at you with pride in his eyes today. Well done young fella I'm stoked for ya. In case you didn't already know your Dad was a bonafide jet on the footy field. I asked him today who he thought was the best he ever saw/played with or against. He just smiled but couldn't answer. I guess when you feel nobody could beat ya that would be a bloody hard question to answer. Take that quality with you Chris and enjoy your career mate. Will be supporting you from the sidelines despite my allegiances

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 211 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes