Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125319

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Sunday game this week. If you take it as given that Subiaco, South Fremantle and the two alignment teams are lock ins for the finals, then there is potentially only one spot left in the top 5 and these two teams are in the pole position to compete for this spot. There was nothing in the first match at Joondalup in April and I would expect more of the same on Sunday. Kody Manning will be back from his suspension, he was an important player in the last clash. Rudy returns to Bassendean and I'm sure he will be motivated to do something special. Barring Injury I wouldn't anticipate any changes to the Swans team from last weeks win as everybody contributed to the team effort. The weather looks a bit dodgy for Sunday so it may not be a high scoring game but it will be competitive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125323

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
The Ressies were a pretty even contribution across the board as well Mike coming back from a slow start to win with Wilson, Yukich, Wityk, Kirkup, Coniglio, Fullgrabbe, Maguire leading the charge. Was good to see both JD & Hackett make their returns from long term injuries last week hopefully a couple more boys will be back in the near future.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125340

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Should be game of the round this one, WP will be fuming after coping a hiding by a very strong Eagles team so they will be primed for a big effort. Both teams have genuine pace and mids that are prolific ball getters, might come down to the best defensive effort and maybe Swans have the edge there with Ames and Notte. Hope the weather holds as you should get a solid crowd.

Should be the TV game but ... hang on ... no broadcast again??

Last edit: by Senior Seagull.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125403

• Beasley Hutton
This game is on TV SS...unfortunately! :pinch:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125412

• Beasley Hutton
Wilson, Wityk, Kirkup & Smirk are the ins at this stage on an extended bench due to the Sunday game.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125576

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Today's results make tomorrows clash at Bassendean even more important. The ladder is tightening up with now only 3 games between 2nd and 7th. The winner of the Swans v Falcons clash will jump up equal with SF in 2nd and the loser will be looking over their shoulder at the two alignments and even the Tigers who have a lot of home games in the 2nd half of the season.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125637

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Very disappointing by Swans. Don't be fooled by the margin, West Perth should have had us cooked at half time if they had kicked straight. Yes it was a brilliant 3rd quarter by the guys and they all lifted, but where was that in the first half? Too many passengers and no energy in the team. I felt sorry for Adam Faulkner who tried his guts out all day, sometimes up against 2 or 3 opponents. He did turn the ball over a bit but what do expect when a large proportion of players were not putting the required effort in . Did Ricky Cary actually want to be out there today? Didn't look like it. Banfield and Rogers were great in the forward line. Our defence stood up well, particularly Notte who also did well when shifted down forward. Too many others just didn't contribute though and Swans will not make the finals if they continue to play like that. The lowlight was the two horrible turnovers that gifted Riddoch goals.
This was certainly the most disappointing loss of the 4 that we have had so far. Not good enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125638

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
We won't make finals based on what I've seen during our past 3 matches. Ugly day at the footy 3 losses with the 2 early ones really hard to watch. The league game frustrated the .... outta me. I got nothing to say except well done to Faulks on his 100th game. I leave the wrap to you blokes...too pissed off to comment so best I keep my gob shut tonight as don't have too many positives to say. FFS

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125641

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote: We won't make finals based on what I've seen during our past 3 matches. Ugly day at the footy 3 losses with the 2 early ones really hard to watch. The league game frustrated the .... outta me. I got nothing to say except well done to Faulks on his 100th game. I leave the wrap to you blokes...too pissed off to comment so best I keep my gob shut tonight as don't have too many positives to say. FFS

Glad I wasn't the only one frustrated DW. How did Chris Yarran go in the ressies today? Do you think it might be worth rolling the dice with him in the forward line before our season starts slipping away. He probably wouldnt have got a lot of opportunities I guess with Swans getting thumped in the reserves.
PS; Message to channel 7. Stay away from our matches.We are about 0 -10 when we get televised by them.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V West Perth at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #125642

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: We won't make finals based on what I've seen during our past 3 matches. Ugly day at the footy 3 losses with the 2 early ones really hard to watch. The league game frustrated the .... outta me. I got nothing to say except well done to Faulks on his 100th game. I leave the wrap to you blokes...too pissed off to comment so best I keep my gob shut tonight as don't have too many positives to say. FFS

Glad I wasn't the only one frustrated DW. How did Chris Yarran go in the ressies today? Do you think it might be worth rolling the dice with him in the forward line before our season starts slipping away. He probably wouldnt have got a lot of opportunities I guess with Swans getting thumped in the reserves.
PS; Message to channel 7. Stay away from our matches.We are about 0 -10 when we get televised by them.

I watched about 2 1/2 qtrs of the ressies mikeh. They were playing so shit I went across the road and treated the missus to lunch. The Vietnamese chow across the road goes alright. Yaz looked half interested today up forward after moving to that end of the ground. He is still struggling to kick with any real penetration. Not sure if he has full confidence in those strings just yet. Still a few weeks off for mine as I haven't seen him attack a contest hard at this stage

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 526 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes