Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124674

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
After the euphoria of the State teams victory its back to business this Saturday, seems like aeon's since Swans played, impact of the double bye. Hopefully they are not too rusty because after two successive defeats we need 4 points here to keep the finals looking good. East Perth are looking very threatening at the moment and they could take our spot in the top 5 if they win and we lose.
This wont be an easy game though because Perth will probably see a win here as their last chance to have an impact on the season. A loss would mean that they would be 4 games behind 5th and basically out of the race, so they will be desperate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124684

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Our last game was so long ago I have forgotten who we even played let alone who played well.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124737

• Beasley Hutton
Looks like Taryce is out on WA 18s duties along with Maguire.
Ames, Coniglio, Cipro, Manton & Wityk are the extended ins.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124750

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I heard Yarren wasn't selected in ressies or league. Is he injured?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124753

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Swandog wrote: I heard Yarren wasn't selected in ressies or league. Is he injured?

Family bereavement SD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124829

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Quiet board here I guess due to the log in issues.

Today's game was no highlight reel. We did what we needed to. What impressed me today was that early we were ready to play. Nice change to slow starts. Was pleased to see the coaching staff show faith in Ridley after a tough initiation the previous match. I though Manton and Cipro brought good energy and something different to the team first time in for the year. Manton looked really slick early and Cipro looked immediately comfortable at league level in the guts up against a couple of WAFL guns in Tropiano and Jones. Slater whilst not clean as we would wish for with the ball also brought good energy and zip. I'd continue to persist with him. Ellard was a key influence once again and continues to show great leadership when the game gets tight. Rogers brought his A game once again against his old club I think finishing with 4 goals and had him and Ellard as our best 2 today. Blighty and Riggs stood out for me with their clean hands , great energy from both these guys today. Jessie Turner was another who kept busy. To be honest the opposition only brought it for a quarter today, that being the second. They hunted us incessantly for the duration of the 2nd term, beating us comprehensively in this period but as it turned out they couldn't maintain this intensity. Clint Jones may have had the most possessions on the ground but to be honest in his current role he is about as damaging as a feather's slap with nearly all his ball being won deep in his defensive half. Perth need to make better use of his powerful endurance if they ever wanna get anywhere. He is racking them up but not influencing the contest. id be playing him in the forward half hoping he can create some space with his running ability. The positive for Perth is the slightly framed Ninyette. Both times I've seen him this year have been super impressed. His attack on the footy and finishing is all quality. Ex SD Nelson Anstey looked a mile off fit and as suspected won't be until a completed solid pre season and 2018 come around that he will be able to prove the powers that be at SD wrong. I wouldnt however be holding my breath out at Demonland....he's still a long way from realising his potential

Should be a big week at the club in the fines department. Not sure what the price is for Faulkners brain fade kicking the wrong way in the first clearance of the 2nd half? Maybe the penalty will be determined by the reserves coach misdemeanour giving away a 50m penalty when running for the league team which resulted in a Perth inside 50 and goal. Maybe Faulks should also be fined for not hitting a target with his penetrating kick in to the back line or is that being a little harsh???

Well done to colts and ressies on their wins today. We are in the contest in all 3 grades this year which is all we supporters can ask.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Success Hill

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124830

• Beasley Hutton
Good wrap up DW and concur with everything above although I thought our 2 State reps Tony & Kirky were also superb done back as well.
Very impressed yet again with young Byrne the blonde no.14 from Perth who never stops running and racks up a mountain of footy.
In all honesty we should have won that game today by a lot more but we need to develop that killer instinct that isnt just happy with just a 5 or 6 goal lead and win.
Congrats to Howie on his 100th game hopefully there are plenty more left to come in the Black & White strip.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124835

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good summary guys. It was a fairly uninspiring game where Swans fed off the mistakes of the Perth guys for much of the day. Perth found it difficult to hit targets and overran the ball and fumbled which opened it up for the Swans boys. I was concerned at half time because Perth were all over us in the 2nd quarter and probably should have been level pegging going into the third quarter. The Demons just couldn't get consecutive goals and there were several occasions that Swans scored a goal within a minute or two of Perth kicking one. It was a very even team performance by the Swans guys, Ellard, Riggio,, Rogers Notte, Ugle and Turner stood out but everyone did their bit. I just love the tackling intensity of Todd Banfield in our forward 50, I lost count of the number of turnovers he created today. Cipro and Manton both fitted in nicely, several of the Perth supporters I was sitting near were impressed with Jesse and his ability to run with the ball. Both teams seemed a bit lethargic in the last quarter and according to a Perth supporter I was talking to, the ground is quite hard on the legs because the new grass has not quite settled apparently.
Some of the Perth youngsters did very well particularly young Byrne as BH said as well as Ninyette. Nelson Ansey did a few good things but seemed to be carrying a few extra kilos, Latch seemed to like kicking the ball to his old mates rather than to Perth players.
Anyway a useful 4 points and we move on to West Perth next week which will be a stiff challenge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124851

• Beasley Hutton

Grassy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Good wrap up DW and concur with everything above although I thought our 2 State reps Tony & Kirky were also superb done back as well.
Very impressed yet again with young Byrne the blonde no.14 from Perth who never stops running and racks up a mountain of footy.
In all honesty we should have won that game today by a lot more but we need to develop that killer instinct that isnt just happy with just a 5 or 6 goal lead and win.
Congrats to Howie on his 100th game hopefully there are plenty more left to come in the Black & White strip.

Where on earth were you and Swandog?

I spent eons looking for you 2.I might have found a Match Day Role for you as well.

We were there Grassy, in the outer for a bit then grandstand side. Not sure about 42 tho I think he might have been trying to steer as far clear of Eagle HQ as possible?!

Swans V Demons at Lathlain 6 years 10 months ago #124867

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was pleased with the way Swans used the ball for all but the 2nd quarter when Perth were putting a lot of pressure on them, They were a lot cleaner with their skills than the opposition and guys like Manton , Turner and Slater gave them more run and the ability to go over the back of the Perth defence which they did several times. Swans defence has been great all year and we are only conceding an average of around 75 points per game which is not that far behind Subiaco.

The next three games are crucial in that Swans play teams that we are battling with for finals spots, West Perth, Claremont and East Perth. Two of these games are at Bassendean and if we can win two out of these three and get to 8 - 4 , Swans should be in a good position to make finals.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 260 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977