Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #122930

• Southrlegends
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Singha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Singha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Singha wrote: I'll be there for the colts to watch a mates grandson play. Thrilled about the early start... then up to Leederville for the top of the table clash and a few frothys

Which club is he playing for Singha?

Unfortunately Swan, he is playing for Peel. I will secretly be cheering for Swans

Thanks Singha.

I'll be the only dork there in a Subi cap. Will be happy to say hello to the Swans ozfooty fellas if you want to introduce yourself.

What, you won't be watching ur beloved Subi at Leederville?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #122934

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I will venture down to watch the boys, a few weeks off after this game so might as well. I couldn't get there last year so I missed half of Swans wins for 2016 :S

Weather looks good, lucky channel 7 ( the supreme rulers of the WAFL) didn't organise the game for Sunday given the forecast is for storms and we would then have to contend with thunder on and off the ground. :lol:

What I am looking for in this match is a response by the Swans guys to their below par effort last week. I'm sure there would have been discussions amongst the players and coaches about the problems that Subiaco exposed in our game and I expect a desperation and intensity that was mostly missing in the game last week after the first 15 minutes.

This may not necessarily end up with a win because we have no idea how strong a team Peel are going to put up, but if the boys can take the game on and back their skills like they have done in many of their games this year, then we have a chance.

It may be to our advantage that Freo are playing away so they may be tempted to take a few extra emergencies to cover changes in conditions. We also must be wary of their Peel based players like Jetta, Ugle, Bell and O'Brien who have all been in good form this year.

One match up that I hope happens is Ricky Cary playing on Sam Collins. Most Dockers supporters think that Collins should be playing AFL and it is a great opportunity for Ricky to test his skills against a player at that level.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #122990

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Be interesting to see if Amesy has come up from that heavy knock last weekend?
I dare say we might give him the week off to fully recover like we did with Banners last week.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #122996

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Be interesting to see if Amesy has come up from that heavy knock last weekend?
I dare say we might give him the week off to fully recover like we did with Banners last week.

I think that would be good risk management BH .At this stage he has been named but I think it is more likely that he will miss. Guys like Howard, Notte and Watson are all capable of stepping up in his absence. Peel have got Griffin and Darcy and they tend to rest them up forward so Nuich and Gault may have to assist with defensive duties as well.

At this stage Pearce, Suban and Logue have all been named in the Dockers team but I can't see them taking all three so there will be at least 1 and possibly 2 late inclusions of Dockers players.

Looking forward to this game as I think Swans will be still smarting from last week and hopefully will come out snarling.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123076

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A draw in the colts! Great effort by Aiden Clarke with 6 goals out of 9 kicked by Swans. Looks like EF are on the way to taking top spot on the colts ladder with a game in hand.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123083

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Massive win to the ressies....good to see Yaz get thru a full game...Peel had the equivalent of a B grade amateur team on the park today and it showed....looking forward to the next contest...should be a ripper this one, a super important game for SD that we need to win if we wanna push for finals in 2017

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123091

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Long way to come to watch such a spineless performance. 1 quarter of footy just doesn't cut it. It was more depressing watching that because if they could have bought that brand of footy in the 3rd we would have been in with a chance. Having said all that Peel did take their foot off the pedal in the last. The positive for me today was Jackson Slater who should get an extended run in the team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123101

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
mikeh: good post: it never ceases to amaze me how modern coaches play with a full team behind the ball when they are behind in a game. It is very dispirritting to watch when you are a supporter. Gone is the old principle of putting your best pleayers in the centre or forward line when a team is strugglling.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123104

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote: Long way to come to watch such a spineless performance. 1 quarter of footy just doesn't cut it. It was more depressing watching that because if they could have bought that brand of footy in the 3rd we would have been in with a chance. Having said all that Peel did take their foot off the pedal in the last. The positive for me today was Jackson Slater who should get an extended run in the team.

Ugle our best by a mile..Slater was ok but his disposal let him down today- he had 20 mates though
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 10 months ago #123105

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Am disappointed after logging on to check the score and Swans 21 points down. Had they won, Swans could have gone into the bye with some certainty. With Souths and Subiaco likely winners next week, Swans could find themselves 2 games behind South Fremantle instead of 1.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 314 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977