Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122442

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
42.....pretty sure Peel when they were Peel, could of done with the likes of Riggio and Hildebrandt a few years back....didn't happen.... they went to another club instead of going "home"....every club seeks to strengthen their squad(EF with the O'Briens etc)....just seems when one club does it....it seems to get noticed more.....everyone does it.....SD aint no different....stop playing the woe is SD card with Twomey and Robinson all the time.....pretty sure their two local clubs could of done with their services when they were in their prime....but no, SD recruited them to strengthen their club....it happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122443

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: 42.....pretty sure Peel when they were Peel, could of done with the likes of Riggio and Hildebrandt a few years back....didn't happen.... they went to another club....every club seeks to strengthen their squad(EF with the O'Briens etc)....just seems when one club does it....it seems to get noticed more.....everyone does it.....SD aint no different

Freezin I know that you are a stirrer but I didn't think you were a complete and utter idiot. If you equate what Subiaco have done vis a vis recruiting in conjunction with where they have finished in the past 10-15 years with what Swans have done with their recruiting and where they have finished you are completely and utterly delusional. If you do think they are the same then you have won the Trump alternate world award.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122444

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep sorry 42...I forgot SD 2010 flag team weren't reliant upon recruiting quality/ready made recruits from outside their local zone....and tell me the reason why SD couldn't continue down this path?.... and had to seek another player strategy.....money?....Subi have been good with theirs, whilst SD stuffed up their finances....but hey you are so far up your Black n White arse that me providing a plausible rationale is totally lost on you....come out every now and again and get some vitamin D mate....you farking need it!

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122445

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: 42.....pretty sure Peel when they were Peel, could of done with the likes of Riggio and Hildebrandt a few years back....didn't happen.... they went to another club instead of going "home"....every club seeks to strengthen their squad(EF with the O'Briens etc)....just seems when one club does it....it seems to get noticed more.....everyone does it.....SD aint no different....stop playing the woe is SD card with Twomey and Robinson all the time.....pretty sure their two local clubs could of done with their services when they were in their prime....but no, SD recruited them to strengthen their club....it happens.

From waflfootyfacts:

2016: Subiaco (1st) won 16 Swans (9th) won 2

2015: Subiaco (1st) won 17 Swans (6th) won 10

2014: Subiaco (2nd) won 14 Swans (4th) won 12

2013: Subiaco (8th) won 6 Swans (3rd) won 12

2012: Subiaco (7th) won 7 Swans (2nd) won 15

2011: Subiaco (3rd) won 12 Swans (8th) won 6

2010: Subiaco (6th) won 10 Swans (2nd) won 15

2009: Subiaco (2nd) won 13 Swans (3rd) won 11

2008: Subiaco (1st) won 19 Swans (4th) won 11

2007: Subiaco (2nd) won 16 Swans (7th) won 8

2006: Subiaco (1st) won 18 Swans (6th) won 7

2005: Subiaco (1st) won 18 Swans: (4th) won 12

2004: Subiaco (1st) won 15 Swans: (4th) won 12

2003: Subiaco (1st) won 16 Swans: (5th) won 10

Overall (2003-2016)

Subiaco total sum of positions 37 Won 197
Swans total sum of positions 63 Won 123

Last edit: by swan42.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122447

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Dirty Weekender wrote: I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the ozfooty members from Subi yesterday. A decent bunch of fellas. The one thing they all mentioned re Subi was the professionalism demanded by fellow team mates and the extremely high standards demanded by the coach. If you are not in it to win it at Subi you are not part of the program. These are the standards we need to set at our own club if we are ever going to become the force we all want our club to be in this comp again. It needs to be player driven, there is only so much the coaches can do. They train 5 days a week over there and if you miss a session you answer to your fellow senior players. From what I saw yesterday this is most likely the reason there is such a large gap between them and the rest of the comp. we can cry all we like about imports and dollars but reality is they prepare better and more efficiently than any other club in this comp and it is the key to their long period of success. They have set a standard amongst themselves and demand it of each and every team mate. This is the kind of culture we need to emulate. I guess our club brought in guys like Crowley, Ellis , Gault , Bennell and Ellard with hopes of creating this type of culture. I understand it's a work in progress but we need all of these fellas to buy in and demand it of those around them. Actions speak louder than words. I will single out Ellard as the one who so far epitomises these kind of standards. His work ethic since returning has been sensational and I really hope he is hanging around for a few more seasons as I believe from this bunch he is the one to lead us forward. I know we are a semi professional comp nowadays but if we want to beat Subi we need to follow the blue print their club and team culture demands. If we don't we can forget about winning flags and accept mediocrity season after season. Wayde Twomey once told me the difference between our clubs and after speaking with the ozfooty fellas and witnessing yesterday's performance I can finally understand what he meant. This has to come from the player group. Playing for your jumper also means preparing your absolute best to play in it, both mentally and physically. That's where we fall short. Now what we gonna do about it!!!!

Brilliant post DW, great insight. The only thing I would say is that Subiaco have developed this culture over a number of years and this sort of change is not something that can be implemented overnight. Swans were so far behind the standard required in WAFL last year and they have made amazing progress this year, so if they can look at what happened yesterday as a wake up call that they have a long way to go but they have some good people in place to make the players accountable and yes I see Ellard as crucial in this process
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Dirty Weekender

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122448

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: yep sorry 42...I forgot SD 2010 flag team weren't reliant upon recruiting quality/ready made recruits from outside their local zone....and tell me the reason why SD couldn't continue down this path?.... and had to seek another player strategy.....money?....Subi have been good with theirs, whilst SD stuffed up their finances....but hey you are so far up your Black n White arse that me providing a plausible rationale is totally lost on you....come out every now and again and get some vitamin D mate....you farking need it!

Freezin you are totally delusional if you think that Swans and Subiaco have been equally successful over the period 2003-2016. How many premierships have Subiaco won since 2002 compared with Swans?

Perhaps you need to pay more attention to YOUR SUPPOSED team East Freo and how well they are going.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122452

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Of course Freeze conveniently forgets the reason why SD had to recruit the likes of Robinson, Twomey, Geappen et al at the time?
I will give him a hint with the following clues- Rance, Ellard, Armfield, Miles, J.Garlett, Naitanui, Yarran, Notte, Pearce, L.Jetta, N.Jetta, Walters, Banfield, Bennell, Blight et al.
Do you really think Swans would have needed to recruit most of those guys just to even stay competitive if we didnt lose all of the above in just a 2 year period?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122454

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191

Dirty Weekender wrote: Not sure what good is gonna do but I'm gonna be a whole nutha world of savage compared to that mikeh. Best I take a few deep breaths first, calm down before posting and go and do a bit of trainspotting. I'm sure to see a black n white train go past heaving with bloody passengers.

Dirty if you'd copped an 11-goal flogging by the wooden spooners or contenders for it , that's when you'd really worry.
Shake it off and have a look at what clues were given mate
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122455

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yeah Subi have been successful....I get it 42....they have money and have been fortunate to use it wisely...... or in your eyes unfairly....whinge and bitch about it all your want with your Twomey and Robbo sob story, aint gonna change a thing.....pretty sure subi local boys Rumble, Horsely, Broughton etc aren't complaining one bit Subi have been smart with their finances.....if the shoe was on the other foot and SD had that record you wouldn't be complaining one bit.....nor should you....I wouldn't as an EF fan....

Robbo and Twomey, like Menagola had the option of being loyal and doing the'right' thing....they didn't....they chose success....something Sd or EF couldn't give them....and history supports their decision....no one forced them to go to Subi....they chose to go .....you say unfairly....they say to be in a winning team....considering it was their decision I will go with the latter 42....but hey I am just a delusional Trump loving idiot.... :lol:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 10 months ago #122460

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH are you telling me SD got nothing for those kids getting drafted?....30K a pop aren't they?....lot of dosh right there mate....over 300K.....minimum......subi have been lucky....not only from a financial perspective...but also the likes of Priddis, Horsely, Broughton etc all got overlooked in the draft for a few years....thus they had a strong core of quality locals to go with the finances to buy recruits.....

I have said for years what has EF done with their dosh from the number of kids drafted?....obviously not gone into renovating the ground..nor recruiting to win a flag......so no I haven't 'convienently' forgotten poor SD plight of draft decimation....you recruited like you needed to and kudos to you...you guys are just pissed you couldn't keep doing it because the powers above shafted the club financially.....thus your youth strategy....alls well that ends well mate......are you telling me if SD had a record like Subi's you would be feeling morally compromised if it was financially tainted?.....yeah right :lol:

thing is a fair few of the kids drafted came back within a few years....eg Blight, Miles, Casserley,Notte,Garlett, Newman.....30k for a quick return.....well done SD......smart development mate.....get the money and run :lol:

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 327 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes