Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122019

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Match of the round without doubt. Swans get a chance to test themselves against a team that has been the benchmark of the WAFL for many years. Subiaco are well and truly up and running in 2017 after a slow start and will be far tougher an opposition than the Tigers ( and they were difficult enough as it was)

One thing is for sure, if we don't play 4 quarters of tough contested football on Saturday, Subiaco will bury us. I think Swans have got away with a few wins this year even though not playing at our peak. No such luxuries this week.

Harding will be putting some thought into how to nullify Liam Ryan although our defenders would be advised to wear precautionary helmets in case Liam tries a bit of head surfing.

Levi Ridley may come in for Crowley . Clutterbuck, Slater and Cipro would also have to be under consideration as well. If Banfield doesn't come up, Slater would probably be a walk up start as he is in good form in the ressies.

Another warm day forecast so should be a good display of skills from both sides
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122035

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
And for all the lucky folk in the metro area, this match covered by KIX Digital. Tough titties for everyone else!

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122047

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
With Crowley a definite out & doubts over Banners those who put their hand up for selection in the Ressies last week were Cipro, Ridley, Sutton, McKenzie, Coniglio, Maguire, Fullgrabbe, Erceg, Wityk, Slater, Clutterbuck, Ness, Manton, Hughes & Yukich.
Also hopefully Yarran's hamstring isnt too bad as the way he started last week looked extremely exciting before feeling some discomfort.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122055

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Beasley Hutton wrote: With Crowley a definite out & doubts over Banners those who put their hand up for selection in the Ressies last week were Cipro, Ridley, Sutton, McKenzie, Coniglio, Maguire, Fullgrabbe, Erceg, Wityk, Slater, Clutterbuck, Ness, Manton, Hughes & Yukich.
Also hopefully Yarran's hamstring isnt too bad as the way he started last week looked extremely exciting before feeling some discomfort.

My mail is Yaz's hammy was minor...mine too BH, back on the track tonight :woohoo:

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122198

• Beasley Hutton
Banners has pulled up ok from that very heavy fall last week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122231

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great to see Banfield has come up. One of Coniglio, Erceg, Maguire or Clutterbuck to replace Crowley. My money is on Freddie for the experience. We will find out for sure on Saturday morning. Interesting to see Chris Yarran named in the reserves despite Harding saying on his blog that he would get a week off.
Very stable team at the moment, only one forced change and this continuity will help against the Lions.
No TV game this week, lets see if we can get over 3000 to this top of the table clash on what is going to be a fine day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122236

• Beasley Hutton
I am under no illusions about this game as Subiaco are the yardstick and have been for the best part of 32 years, as I posted earlier I just hope that we can be competitive against them. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122308

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Have a good game tomorrow lads.

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122389

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well done Subiaco. Too strong, too fast, too skilled, too good. Swans were dominated from start to finish and if truth be known, the margin of 64 points flattered us. Their midfield were on top all day and it looked like Subi had 30 players out there. Horsley is still playing at AFL level along with several of his mates. Good luck to anyone trying to knock them over this year. From Swans point of view not all gloom and doom. We still have 5 wins in the bank and just have to dust ourselves down for next weeks game. Ames would have to be a concern, hopefully his shoulder is not too bad
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Swans v Subiaco at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #122395

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Not sure what good is gonna do but I'm gonna be a whole nutha world of savage compared to that mikeh. Best I take a few deep breaths first, calm down before posting and go and do a bit of trainspotting. I'm sure to see a black n white train go past heaving with bloody passengers.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 333 guests and one member online

• Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977