Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122016

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
How long will he be missing exactly? Hopefully he can play against Subiaco at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122024

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Just had a look at the AFL website and the 18's first game is on the 10th June and their last game is on the 30th June, so Taryce will be available till at least the bye and maybe the game against Perth on June 3rd. That's assuming that they don't pull them out of the local competitions early to train together as a squad which could be a possibility I guess. It is a great opportunity to showcase his skills at a national level and I hope he does well.

Just found another article on the WAFL website and there are some trial games prior to the carnival so we may lose Taryce sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed he can be released for the game on Saturday as I think it would be great for his development to play in a big match like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Last edit: by mikeh.

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122026

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

mikeh wrote: Just had a look at the AFL website and the 18's first game is on the 10th June and their last game is on the 30th June, so Taryce will be available till at least the bye and maybe the game against Perth on June 3rd. That's assuming that they don't pull them out of the local competitions early to train together as a squad which could be a possibility I guess. It is a great opportunity to showcase his skills at a national level and I hope he does well.

Good news for this weekends battle...2 small forwards at either end of the ground the likely stars of the show...boy has our game changed over the years

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122043

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote: So far DW and BH you haven't actually answered my question of who will replace him.

Yeah sorry 42, still a little shell shocked...Levi Ridley as BH has mentioned is close to a call up but as for actually replacing Taryce's role in the team I'm not sure we have anyone. New strategy perhaps up forward....might be time to give Jackson Slater a proper crack as he has the leg speed. Whoever comes up I hope they try to play their natural game and go for it on the field. Banfield might be the right choice closer to goal if we can get someone else to play the high half forward defensive role but robbing peter to pay paul there...maybe Xavier can play deep and then either Clutterbuck, Coniglio, Slater or Ridley can play a midfield role...I didn't think Coniglio looked too bad v WP but couldn't hold his spot. He is the one in particular I'd like to see try play his natural game at league level rather than get mind fucked by strategy. We also gotta replace Crowley so I suspect 2 of these fellas will be called upon. Older head of Clutterbuck seems straight swap for Crowley and if it was up to me I'm going for Slater and telling him it's time to sink or swim....it's now or never!!! Great question 42, love to hear your thoughts. Cipro is the other in contention but I ain't seen enough of him to make a fair evaluation

No problems DW. I think we have him for another 2 or 3 weeks. I am not sure at the moment. With respect to Coniglio I think he needs to be told that he has a solid 3-4 weeks in the league team so he is not scared to make a mistake as it seems to me that whenever it comes to dropping a player he is always the first head on the chopping block. Ridley certainly has been playing well in the ressies.

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122044

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Just had a look at the AFL website and the 18's first game is on the 10th June and their last game is on the 30th June, so Taryce will be available till at least the bye and maybe the game against Perth on June 3rd. That's assuming that they don't pull them out of the local competitions early to train together as a squad which could be a possibility I guess. It is a great opportunity to showcase his skills at a national level and I hope he does well.

Just found another article on the WAFL website and there are some trial games prior to the carnival so we may lose Taryce sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed he can be released for the game on Saturday as I think it would be great for his development to play in a big match like this.

Mikeh further to your above comments it looks as though this Saturday may be his last until around the 15th July.

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122054

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Ridley played well pre-season as a forward so would get a shot i reckon.
Stewart should have played 18's last year not this year as an older player, playing 18's will have no impact on whether he gets drafted, they need some older kids as the team is not highly rated, 6 older kids in the squad I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122057

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
General consensus amongst us lot seems to be Levi Ridley is the one....lock him in 42...hope Greg is listening :lol:

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122059

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

MarkOlsen wrote: Ridley played well pre-season as a forward so would get a shot i reckon.
Stewart should have played 18's last year not this year as an older player, playing 18's will have no impact on whether he gets drafted, they need some older kids as the team is not highly rated, 6 older kids in the squad I think.

Stevie Wonder could see Taryce was a class act in the Colts last year...it makes you wonder if the problem might actually be the WAFC talent identifiers rather than the WAFL clubs development!

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122060

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
This is a hypothetical but what would happen if he said no I want to stay at Swans and play league footy instead (much better for his overall development) he would still get drafted no matter surely because he is starring against the big boys not kids
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Who will replace Taryce Stewart? 6 years 10 months ago #122061

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Certainly

Beasley Hutton wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote: Ridley played well pre-season as a forward so would get a shot i reckon.

Stevie Wonder could see Taryce was a class act in the Colts last year...it makes you wonder if the problem might actually be the WAFC talent identifiers rather than the WAFL clubs development!

Certainly played well against EF earlier this year. A talented footballer!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 499 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL