Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Best local zone player since 1980 6 years 10 months ago #122300

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I used to enjoy Rocket Rod O'Neils footy
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Best local zone player since 1980 6 years 10 months ago #122302

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
And another ripper was Dwayne Griffen, took no shit and gave plenty :evil: Was celebrating as hard as anyone in the clubrooms post 2010 Epic GF win
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Best local zone player since 1980 6 years 10 months ago #122309

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
yep, I liked the number 41 from the Todd era. Just thinking about the fact that Ian Williams got injurred at Footscray, it seemed to happen to quite a few of the west aussie guys whom went to Victoria. Perhaps it was the heavy grounds in those days?

Players really are spoilled these days -- West Coast Eagles and Western Australians and others -- having to play under the cielling and air conditioner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Best local zone player since 1980 6 years 10 months ago #122315

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

Swandog wrote: And another ripper was Dwayne Griffen, took no shit and gave plenty :evil: Was celebrating as hard as anyone in the clubrooms post 2010 Epic GF win

Mate I remember a final against SF in 04 where Toby was trying to ruffle up a few of our youngsters early before Griff put an end to that by sitting him on his backside!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, gtrxuone

Best local zone player since 1980 6 years 10 months ago #122318

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Dead right mate I unfortunately had to leave so many great local zone players out like- Langsford, Boucher, Nowotny, Fitzgerald, Holden, S.Richardson, Skwirowski, Sartori, Cransberg, A.Sidebottom, Smith, Fogarty, Penny, A.Holmes, G.Walker, Grasso, Retzlaff, Gow, Bazzo, Peel, Kelly, Edmonds, O'Neill, G.Taylor, Cornelius et al from that sensational 80/90s eras.

Was at training with Garth Taylor tonight BH...he's a nice fella and fellow Basso tragic

Garthy was nothing short of scintillating when he started League footy as a 16yo mate until he was cleaned up by that dirty D.Swan from EP and was in hospital for a fair stint with internal injuries. He later came back to play some bloody good footy at Swans (Swan Medallist & Captain) & Freo but I sometimes wonder if that injury hadn't occurred how good he might have been?

D.Swan, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel there BH. Not forgetting M.Swan of course.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 298 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes