Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121551

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Success Hill wrote: Impressed with Noble's game today. Promised a bit early in the season but he's disappointed until today. Presented well at half-forward and kicked that ripper early in the last that gave us the essential break.

I agree that Noble's game is building and providing a foil to Cary. Also, tremendous response by Noble to the Macca's Stand support for him.

Speaking of Cary in my opinion he is in career best form and should be selected in the state team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121555

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

swan42 wrote:

Success Hill wrote: Impressed with Noble's game today. Promised a bit early in the season but he's disappointed until today. Presented well at half-forward and kicked that ripper early in the last that gave us the essential break.

I agree that Noble's game is building and providing a foil to Cary. Also, tremendous response by Noble to the Macca's Stand support for him.

Speaking of Cary in my opinion he is in career best form and should be selected in the state team.

You could have heard a mouse fart when Noble lined up for that kick at goal on the boundary...great respect shown from the Macca stand faithful and a stunning kick was the reward. A great moment for Noble and celebrated appropriately. He was awesome yesterday providing a foil for Cary up forward, had him in our best few on the day. His ability to win the 50/50 ball is a huge asset

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121559

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

You could have heard a mouse fart when Noble lined up for that kick at goal on the boundary...great respect shown from the Macca stand faithful and a stunning kick was the reward. A great moment for Noble and celebrated appropriately. He was awesome yesterday providing a foil for Cary up forward, had him in our best few on the day. His ability to win the 50/50 ball is a huge asset

Another great response after the match was Rogers's reaction after the game.

The Macca Stand was certainly not quiet after the patently ridiculous decision giving in front of the Macca Stand of deliberate out of bounds.

Last edit: by swan42.

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121564

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

The Macca Stand was certainly not quiet after the patently ridiculous decision giving in front of the Macca Stand of deliberate out of bounds.

Yep that was ludicrous....were a few bewildering calls yesterday, first time I'd really noticed the umpiring this year which has generally been of a very high standard with the exception being the lack of ability to bounce the damn ball in the middle which has become a real eye sore for footy..just throw it up please....also watched the colts yesterday and thought the umpiring at that level was nothing short of exceptional...one kid was his first colts gig and they generally got it right all day...well done to those fellas on a job well done

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121566

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Yep that was ludicrous....were a few bewildering calls yesterday, first time I'd really noticed the umpiring this year which has generally been of a very high standard with the exception being the lack of ability to bounce the damn ball in the middle which has become a real eye sore for footy..just throw it up please....also watched the colts yesterday and thought the umpiring at that level was nothing short of exceptional...one kid was his first colts gig and they generally got it right all day...well done to those fellas on a job well done

Speaking of deliberate out of bounds we were penalised twice in the match against East Freo where the ABC commentators argued that NEITHER should have been penalised and last week a 40-50 metre kick to Banfield's advantage that bounced at right angles was given as deliberate out of bounds.

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121573

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Claremont had some real momentum in that game until Beau Wilkes decided he was bigger than the game and tried some late off the ball rough house tactics which failed miserably...hopefully Townsend also makes note of those in his late in the week match report in the West as a veteran "journalist" you wouldnt want to be seen to be favouring certain clubs...hey John! :whistle:

Hats off to the Claremont coaching staff lead by Harris, Valentine etc who acknowledged the 250 game achievement of Tallan Ames. Claremont are in fine hands with quality men like them leading the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121574

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Great day down at Bassendean yesterday, fantastic that the club rolled the carpet out for the past players and it looked like many took up the invitation and this created a good atmosphere at the ground. I thought the overall standard of football in the game from both sides was the best I have seen in the 6 matches I have looked at this season. Claremont were very persistent and had more than a few of us worried at the 25 minute mark of the last quarter when they drew to within 11 points after being 41 points down early in the term.

The early part of the game was very much an arm wrestle, Claremont attacked early but were unable to break through and Swans finally scored a goal with the breeze after nearly 10 minutes and followed up with another one almost immediately. Cary kicked a monster from about 60 metres out as he is in the habit of doing at the moment. He is in career best form and surely must be in contention for state team selection. He is very rarely beaten in a one on one marking contest and has a very accurate kick. He also kicked a lovely angled goal on the run in the 3rd so his mobility is great as well. Swans generally had the upper hand in the first quarter but Claremont had their moments and as usual Bradshaw bobbed up and kicked a few goals, he always give Swans problems because he can bob up and kick 4 goals from 12 possessions which is priceless for his team.

Swans looked very shaky in the early part of the second term as Bolton and Lim started to dominate clearances and deliver the ball into their forward line with precision. Maister and Lee both had set shots from well inside the 50 early in the quarter but both were missed and the Tigers also wasted several other opportunities and really should have been at least 3-4 goals up at half time rather than just 5 points. Lost opportunity there I thought. Rogers was very prominent throughout the game and it made me think that we may have got over the line last week had he played in that game. Kirk Ugle was also doing a great job down back and he repelled a lot of opposition attacks with good use of short kick and handball. Crowley hobbled off towards the end of the quarter and we didn’t see him again.

With a freshening breeze, the 3rd quarter was all Swans. We fought back in the clearances department thanks to Riggio, Faulkner, Ellard and co and then we had Rogers, Stewart and Cary to polish off the work. 6 goals 4 was good reward for their work in this period. The players were generally hitting targets and using their pace to advantage over a Claremont side that I thought were tiring a bit. Ian Richardson bobbed up with a couple of goals against the run of play which kept the Tigers in it.

I went out to the huddle at three quarter time to check what message Harding was going to be giving the players. The breeze that Swans were kicking into in the last was worth about 2 goals and so at 23 points up, we were slightly above par I thought. The only nagging doubt was that with Crowley’s absence it was one less rotation on a hot day. Harding’s message was simple, composure when Swans had the ball and look for opportunities to run at them and score goals into the breeze.
In the first 3 or 4 minutes of the last term, with the message ringing in their ears, Swans surged forward to slam 3 quick goals on the board, including a wonderful kick by Brayden Noble (Swoop mark 2?) from in front of the McDonald Stand. As other have indicated, I have never ever heard that stand so completely quiet as he was lining up for goal. 41 points up and game over so we thought…….

That is when Swans forgot about the composure bit and conceded a few sloppy goals that got Claremont interested again, cheap turnovers while trying short kicks in the backline where a long kick up the line would have been better. We then went back to the pattern in the 2nd quarter with the Tigers dominating the clearances and providing opportunities for their forwards. Our guys were looking rather fatigued as well. The serial pest Bradshaw popped up again and all of a sudden there were 2 kicks in it with at least 5 minutes to play. That’s when Swans dug deep yet again and managed to get a loose man going out of half back and a series of accurate passes which caught the Claremont defence out and ended with Tarcye Stewart running into an open goal. Game over! Not without a few nerves though.

No one likes to see anyone stretchered off but I thought the little break at around the 30 minute mark helped the Swans guys have a breather and compose themselves and Stewarts goal came shortly after this. Luckily Todd Banfield is OK it seems and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Crowley’s injury is a lesser knee injury.

Don’t know if any of the other Swans guys have voted yet but here are my thoughts
8- Rogers
7- Cary
6- Ugle
5 – Riggio
4- Stewart
3 – Noble
2 – Turner
1- Wilson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121595

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Great day down at Bassendean yesterday, fantastic that the club rolled the carpet out for the past players and it looked like many took up the invitation and this created a good atmosphere at the ground. I thought the overall standard of football in the game from both sides was the best I have seen in the 6 matches I have looked at this season. Claremont were very persistent and had more than a few of us worried at the 25 minute mark of the last quarter when they drew to within 11 points after being 41 points down early in the term.

The early part of the game was very much an arm wrestle, Claremont attacked early but were unable to break through and Swans finally scored a goal with the breeze after nearly 10 minutes and followed up with another one almost immediately. Cary kicked a monster from about 60 metres out as he is in the habit of doing at the moment. He is in career best form and surely must be in contention for state team selection. He is very rarely beaten in a one on one marking contest and has a very accurate kick. He also kicked a lovely angled goal on the run in the 3rd so his mobility is great as well. Swans generally had the upper hand in the first quarter but Claremont had their moments and as usual Bradshaw bobbed up and kicked a few goals, he always give Swans problems because he can bob up and kick 4 goals from 12 possessions which is priceless for his team.

Swans looked very shaky in the early part of the second term as Bolton and Lim started to dominate clearances and deliver the ball into their forward line with precision. Maister and Lee both had set shots from well inside the 50 early in the quarter but both were missed and the Tigers also wasted several other opportunities and really should have been at least 3-4 goals up at half time rather than just 5 points. Lost opportunity there I thought. Rogers was very prominent throughout the game and it made me think that we may have got over the line last week had he played in that game. Kirk Ugle was also doing a great job down back and he repelled a lot of opposition attacks with good use of short kick and handball. Crowley hobbled off towards the end of the quarter and we didn’t see him again.

With a freshening breeze, the 3rd quarter was all Swans. We fought back in the clearances department thanks to Riggio, Faulkner, Ellard and co and then we had Rogers, Stewart and Cary to polish off the work. 6 goals 4 was good reward for their work in this period. The players were generally hitting targets and using their pace to advantage over a Claremont side that I thought were tiring a bit. Ian Richardson bobbed up with a couple of goals against the run of play which kept the Tigers in it.

I went out to the huddle at three quarter time to check what message Harding was going to be giving the players. The breeze that Swans were kicking into in the last was worth about 2 goals and so at 23 points up, we were slightly above par I thought. The only nagging doubt was that with Crowley’s absence it was one less rotation on a hot day. Harding’s message was simple, composure when Swans had the ball and look for opportunities to run at them and score goals into the breeze.
In the first 3 or 4 minutes of the last term, with the message ringing in their ears, Swans surged forward to slam 3 quick goals on the board, including a wonderful kick by Brayden Noble (Swoop mark 2?) from in front of the McDonald Stand. As other have indicated, I have never ever heard that stand so completely quiet as he was lining up for goal. 41 points up and game over so we thought…….

That is when Swans forgot about the composure bit and conceded a few sloppy goals that got Claremont interested again, cheap turnovers while trying short kicks in the backline where a long kick up the line would have been better. We then went back to the pattern in the 2nd quarter with the Tigers dominating the clearances and providing opportunities for their forwards. Our guys were looking rather fatigued as well. The serial pest Bradshaw popped up again and all of a sudden there were 2 kicks in it with at least 5 minutes to play. That’s when Swans dug deep yet again and managed to get a loose man going out of half back and a series of accurate passes which caught the Claremont defence out and ended with Tarcye Stewart running into an open goal. Game over! Not without a few nerves though.

No one likes to see anyone stretchered off but I thought the little break at around the 30 minute mark helped the Swans guys have a breather and compose themselves and Stewarts goal came shortly after this. Luckily Todd Banfield is OK it seems and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Crowley’s injury is a lesser knee injury.

Don’t know if any of the other Swans guys have voted yet but here are my thoughts
8- Rogers
7- Cary
6- Ugle
5 – Riggio
4- Stewart
3 – Noble
2 – Turner
1- Wilson

Great write up mikeh...I will refrain from doing so this time round...I watched the game from 4 different locations around the ground yesterday and didn't get much of a feel for the tactical battle...watched it like a spectator for once with the missus in tow and enjoyed the game...was a hard fought match. Claremont had a right crack at us all day and were superior to us at various times during the match but they just couldn't match our efficiency which was terrific at 13 possession average per scoring shot looking at the after match stats compared to the Tigers 19. The only things I'd add to your write up would be Ellard's contribution of 13 tackles really showing great leadership again re work ethic and also to pay compliments to whoever went to Bolton in the 2nd half and helped quieten him down after a blistering start to the game. I thought Lim was clearly Best for the Tiges his work rate is terrific. Alex Howard was once again very solid down back for us. He is having an outstanding season at this point and wouldn't be one but surprised if he is currently leading our F & B.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121605

• Beasley Hutton

Grassy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Claremont had some real momentum in that game until Beau Wilkes decided he was bigger than the game and tried some late off the ball rough house tactics which failed miserably...hopefully Townsend also makes note of those in his late in the week match report in the West as a veteran "journalist" you wouldnt want to be seen to be favouring certain clubs...hey John! :whistle:

Hats off to the Claremont coaching staff lead by Harris, Valentine etc who acknowledged the 250 game achievement of Tallan Ames. Claremont are in fine hands with quality men like them leading the club.

John Townsend was at Arena Joondalup yesterday,Bease.

As for Wilkes,still hasn't learnt anything after Mark Johnson turned him inside out in '08.You're not so tough you big teddy bear.

It wouldnt matter if Townsend was in Timbucktoo Grassy he "apparently" can see 100m off the ball incidents 6 days after the event...I wonder if he will report Wilkes off the ball shenanigans or just let them slide?! :whistle:

Swans v Claremont at Bassendean 6 years 11 months ago #121606

• Beasley Hutton

Dirty Weekender wrote:

mikeh wrote: Great day down at Bassendean yesterday, fantastic that the club rolled the carpet out for the past players and it looked like many took up the invitation and this created a good atmosphere at the ground. I thought the overall standard of football in the game from both sides was the best I have seen in the 6 matches I have looked at this season. Claremont were very persistent and had more than a few of us worried at the 25 minute mark of the last quarter when they drew to within 11 points after being 41 points down early in the term.

8- Rogers
7- Cary
6- Ugle
5 – Riggio
4- Stewart
3 – Noble
2 – Turner
1- Wilson

Great write up mikeh...I will refrain from doing so this time round...I watched the game from 4 different locations around the ground yesterday and didn't get much of a feel for the tactical battle...watched it like a spectator for once with the missus in tow and enjoyed the game...was a hard fought match. Claremont had a right crack at us all day and were superior to us at various times during the match but they just couldn't match our efficiency which was terrific at 13 possession average per scoring shot looking at the after match stats compared to the Tigers 19. The only things I'd add to your write up would be Ellard's contribution of 13 tackles really showing great leadership again re work ethic and also to pay compliments to whoever went to Bolton in the 2nd half and helped quieten him down after a blistering start to the game. I thought Lim was clearly Best for the Tiges his work rate is terrific. Alex Howard was once again very solid down back for us. He is having an outstanding season at this point and wouldn't be one but surprised if he is currently leading our F & B.

Ellard, Howard Ames were all great DW and it was Blighty who went to Bolton in the 2nd half after Crowley went down early in the 2nd qtr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 356 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977