Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120243

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
The boys should be refreshed after a week off and hopefully ready for the trip to Shark Park to try and make it a 4-0 start to the season. Crowley will be back with any luck and there will be a number of the reserves players who will be putting their hands up at selection after a few consistent performances.

This will create a good headache for the selectors as there are no obvious outs unless there are any injuries. Crowley would probably come in for Ellis( he was rumoured to have a broken jaw after the East Perth game - not sure how that turned out) If Nuich has recovered he would be back in the ruck to replace Yukich I would think.

I wandered into Lathlain Park at 3 quarter time on Saturday to have a look at the Sharks. Even though Perth had control of the game by then, the East Fremantle guys didn't drop their heads and continued to fight till the final siren. I was impressed with some of their passages of play in the last quarter. They moved the ball quickly and cleanly at times and they seemed to have a few big blokes to take a mark up forward. Their problem from what I saw was a couple of horrible turnovers which allowed the Demons in for easy breakaway goals.

The lesson from this for Swans is not to go into this game thinking it will be a matter of turning up and collecting the 4 points. They will be facing a desperate opposition on their home ground and anything less than our best footy may see us turned over.

As we saw with the Dockers V Bulldogs last week, a good start in a game can engender confidence so Swans must make sure they exert pressure from the start and don't give EF any opportunity to jump away to an early lead.

Swans have actually won 6 of their last 10 matches at Shark Park so this ground will hold no fear for them. Probably a bit of nostalgia for Stavros as well B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120246

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
It feels like an eternity ago our last match Mike but from memory the boys who put their hands up in the Reserves vs EP after a slow start were the usual suspects Ridley, Maguire, Cipro, Sutton, Daniels, Manton, Fullgrabbe, Coniglio, Slater, Ness and Kirkup was in great form first up from a long break.

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120271

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Can't make this one fellas due to bloody work commitments. Be great if somebody attending could post a full match report.

Always gotta beware of EF when they are down...let's hope we can find momentum again immediately after the bye which is always a danger

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120355

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Happy to put up a report on Saturday night DW. Can't promise it will be as comprehensive and informative as yours are but I'm sure BH, Swandog and others will fill in the gaps with their observations. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120361

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I have been feeling worried about this game. On form and the way the season has panned out so far you would think we would have a nice win. But "nice" wins are something we rarely have at Condemned Park and beware the wounded Shark.
Seen it too many times where a club that is down & hurting with nothing to lose get up and do a number on the more fancied opponent = Danger game!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120384

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Swandog wrote: I have been feeling worried about this game. On form and the way the season has panned out so far you would think we would have a nice win. But "nice" wins are something we rarely have at Condemned Park and beware the wounded Shark.
Seen it too many times where a club that is down & hurting with nothing to lose get up and do a number on the more fancied opponent = Danger game!!

Horse shit, you will beat them by 45+.

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120385

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Leedy wrote:

Swandog wrote: I have been feeling worried about this game. On form and the way the season has panned out so far you would think we would have a nice win. But "nice" wins are something we rarely have at Condemned Park and beware the wounded Shark.

Horse shit, you will beat them by 45+.

Too many disappointed long drives home from Shark Park to take this one for granted Leedy. First game after the bye is always a danger game. Can only hope the bye has been timely and beneficial with 4-5 really sore lads after the last match.

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120395

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
You blokes will be 4 zip after this one and top of the table, apart from your massive win over the doggies the other wins have been against teams who wont make finals, but you can only beat what's put on the field to play against, your next real test will be when you play Claremont on the 29th up at Bogundean, if your still undefeated by then it will be match of the season so far. For me, whoever beats Claremont in September wins the flag.

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120401

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Senior Seagull wrote: You blokes will be 4 zip after this one and top of the table, apart from your massive win over the doggies the other wins have been against teams who wont make finals, but you can only beat what's put on the field to play against, your next real test will be when you play Claremont on the 29th up at Bogundean, if your still undefeated by then it will be match of the season so far. For me, whoever beats Claremont in September wins the flag.

I think you may be right senior, though the Tigers have beaten perth, TFKAEP and the Sharks so far? All down the bottom end. So, I'll reserve judgement until after They play the doggies
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Swans V East Fremantle on Easter Saturday 7 years 1 week ago #120403

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Swans to beat the wooden spooners by 72 points plus! East Fremantle struggle to kick more than 8 goals against quality sides.

Last edit: by Custodian.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 459 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL