Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 weeks ago #10216

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Ol Boy wrote:

mikeh wrote: Claremont will be tough as always. Looking at their top possession winners in round 1 were some very familiar names, Blackwell, Schammer,Mcgovern,Browne as well as some of the younger guys who have come in to replace Mitchell, Lee etc. As far as I am concerned they are raging premiership favourites. Having said that its probably not a bad time to play them as apart from Ryan Davis we seem to have a full list to pick from. Maybe Casserley or Garlett will come in this week as both played OK in the ressies. If we play at our best the home ground advantage may just get us over the line....

Really looking forward to this Saturday, Swans have been our yard stick over the last few years. There wont be any easy ball gets this week and some of the match ups should make this one a beauty. If Swans jump us in the 1st qtr I don't think there will be a come back, Greg Harding and his charges have long memories of the last round clash at Steel Blue in 2012. As does Marc Webb and the boys so complacency should not be a factor. Looking forward to seeing some new stars emerging from both sides as there are new faces and old ones, did I see Andrew Embley named in the ones for the black ducks?? How long since this champion pulled on a jumper for the black & whites???

Embley played for us just last year mate in late July/August a couple of games
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 weeks ago #10219

• Mayor of Midland
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Looking forward to the match this week against Claremont. Swans have really pumped up the marketing of this match - even gone as far as putting flyers on cars at the Midland Station this week. Hopefully it pays off there is a good decent turnout.

Go the Black Ducks! :woohoo:
The Mayor has spoken..

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 weeks ago #10227

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Fantastic that Embers is going to have a run for us! He will add some class which will be very useful against the Tigers. You never know we may get NicNat back for a few games when he is on the comeback trail. It is great when these local AFL stars who came through their club juniors return to play WAFL with their grassroots club. Of course this is the last year that this will happen so we should enjoy the moments while they last. The thought of Embers, NicNat, Walters and Pearce pulling on East Perth and Peel jumpers next year really makes me sad. Hope all they all stay in their AFL teams so the traitors get nothing out of them

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 weeks ago #10237

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
With a beautiful day forecast and no AFL I cant see a reason why we couldn't pull 4K tomorrow even if it is the strongest followed club v one of the lowest
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 weeks ago #10238

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Fantastic that Embers is going to have a run for us! He will add some class which will be very useful against the Tigers. You never know we may get NicNat back for a few games when he is on the comeback trail. It is great when these local AFL stars who came through their club juniors return to play WAFL with their grassroots club. Of course this is the last year that this will happen so we should enjoy the moments while they last. The thought of Embers, NicNat, Walters and Pearce pulling on East Perth and Peel jumpers next year really makes me sad. Hope all they all stay in their AFL teams so the traitors get nothing out of them

Embley wanted to play rd 1 but the Weagles wouldn't let him the scums, gonna be tough for a couple of players to miss out tomorrow, but that's not a bad thing

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #10280

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
That was a real thumping. Our guys looked second rate. The Tigers were brilliant in their team work and running game. Only injuries or complacency will prevent them from making it 3 flags in a row. They didn't have many more possessions than Swans but they were so much more efficient than us and their pressure when they didn't have the ball was unbelieveable. Swans had too many passengers and there would be at least 3 players in the winning ressies team ( well done guys!) who would be shoo ins next week I would have thought. Garlett had 28 possessions and has got to play next week. Trav Casserley (19) and Burnham (21) would also come in I would have thought, there may be others as well. Its really important that the guys bounce back hard against Perth next week and they can put this game behind them quickly

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #10281

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep we were made to look second rate today from Qt onwards, the Tigers by far and away the best team going around and again its gonna be a matter of who is left standing in Sept to take them on. Cass and Garlett have to come in, Ugle I would send back to Bunbury, he isn't up to it, everyone else looked flat, on the flipside we wont be that bad again this season surely and it is only rd2

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #10286

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

mikeh wrote: That was a real thumping. Our guys looked second rate. The Tigers were brilliant in their team work and running game. Only injuries or complacency will prevent them from making it 3 flags in a row. They didn't have many more possessions than Swans but they were so much more efficient than us and their pressure when they didn't have the ball was unbelieveable. Swans had too many passengers and there would be at least 3 players in the winning ressies team ( well done guys!) who would be shoo ins next week I would have thought. Garlett had 28 possessions and has got to play next week. Trav Casserley (19) and Burnham (21) would also come in I would have thought, there may be others as well. Its really important that the guys bounce back hard against Perth next week and they can put this game behind them quickly

Put down your glasses guys Claremont have it stitched up, they will pump Perth next week,

I reckon WP v Cl Gf.

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #10289

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Good one Bazza.

We play SD goose. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 weeks ago #10299

• Tigeriffic
  • Thank you received: 0
Get a grip it's round three for f's sake! Loooong way to go. Happy with our early form yes but to say the season is over is pure crap.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 462 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020