Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Claremont 11 years 4 days ago #9835

• maccastand
  • maccastand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looking forward to what should be a cracker this week at Steel Blue. Our boys showed some real fight v EF. Our supporters will turn out we know that but i wonder if Claremonts will? A great test to see if the WAFL has ANY legs left at all. I would hope for 3,500.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans v Claremont 11 years 4 days ago #9839

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
macca surely even if no Cl fans turn up, there are more than 3500 bogans in the city of Perth, I know it's no longer the 70/80's mate but considering we are forever being told that SDFC are the most supported club in the whole of the state of WA, the club must surely be pencilling in 5000 - 7500 fans turning up at least to Steel Blue this weekend?

Should be a great game of footy, Cl forwards are a wee bit taller than EF were and Lammie will be coming up against two mature rucks(Seaby/Andrews) instead of one youngster in Symonds. Considering those two factors I reckon SD will be working hard to stay within 4 - 5 goals of CL......though if Harding considered playing Newman and Garlett in tandem, then I might be swayed to give SD the nod!!

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 days ago #9937

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Freezin you're more than welcome to come to Basso on Saturday and add to the crowd and atmosphere.

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 days ago #9949

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
naaaghh 42, I'm content just following the action on WAFLonline mate....though I could find you boys a few NZ bogans to immerse within the Steel Blue locals......surely a club with BHP backing, could find the dosh to fly over a few of NZ 3.5 million bogans for the day.....surely?

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 days ago #9962

• Quackhead
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't worry about flying them over there's enough of them on the payroll at bhp anyway

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 days ago #9964

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Disappointing freezin - though I believe we are on the ABC it is not the same.

Last edit: by swan42. Reason: spelling correction

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 days ago #9968

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
don't get the ABC in Christchurch 42......funnily enough the Kiwis don't like the Aussies over here!! :cheer:

Swans v Claremont 11 years 2 days ago #9969

• maccastand
  • maccastand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
What a great idea freeze!! It would be awesome to get all the kiwis as Swan members! I hope George is reading this and lets the club know your idea. I would propose an honary membership for you! Would not take much imagination, or beers, to see the Swan bar as a Kiwi also.
Cheers!

Swans v Claremont 11 years 1 day ago #10144

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Claremont will be tough as always. Looking at their top possession winners in round 1 were some very familiar names, Blackwell, Schammer,Mcgovern,Browne as well as some of the younger guys who have come in to replace Mitchell, Lee etc. As far as I am concerned they are raging premiership favourites. Having said that its probably not a bad time to play them as apart from Ryan Davis we seem to have a full list to pick from. Maybe Casserley or Garlett will come in this week as both played OK in the ressies. If we play at our best the home ground advantage may just get us over the line....

Swans v Claremont 11 years 3 hours ago #10207

• Ol Boy

mikeh wrote: Claremont will be tough as always. Looking at their top possession winners in round 1 were some very familiar names, Blackwell, Schammer,Mcgovern,Browne as well as some of the younger guys who have come in to replace Mitchell, Lee etc. As far as I am concerned they are raging premiership favourites. Having said that its probably not a bad time to play them as apart from Ryan Davis we seem to have a full list to pick from. Maybe Casserley or Garlett will come in this week as both played OK in the ressies. If we play at our best the home ground advantage may just get us over the line....

Really looking forward to this Saturday, Swans have been our yard stick over the last few years. There wont be any easy ball gets this week and some of the match ups should make this one a beauty. If Swans jump us in the 1st qtr I don't think there will be a come back, Greg Harding and his charges have long memories of the last round clash at Steel Blue in 2012. As does Marc Webb and the boys so complacency should not be a factor. Looking forward to seeing some new stars emerging from both sides as there are new faces and old ones, did I see Andrew Embley named in the ones for the black ducks?? How long since this champion pulled on a jumper for the black & whites???

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 329 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr