Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118176

• Dirty Weekender
  • Dirty Weekender's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Hi guys, think I just accidentally deleted SD v SF thread. Have asked admin to re instate asap. Sorry having a few glitches with IPad I need to fix which has a mind of its own right now. Hopefully thread will be back up shortly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118183

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

Dirty Weekender wrote: Hi guys, think I just accidentally deleted SD v SF thread. Have asked admin to re instate asap. Sorry having a few glitches with IPad I need to fix which has a mind of its own right now. Hopefully thread will be back up shortly

No problems DW, these sorts of things happen with technology. Just unfortunate timing today. I logged back in after a few hours to see that the site now resembles a circus with the clown running the show, not for the first time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Dirty Weekender

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118184

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Hi guys, think I just accidentally deleted SD v SF thread. Have asked admin to re instate asap. Sorry having a few glitches with IPad I need to fix which has a mind of its own right now. Hopefully thread will be back up shortly

No problems DW, these sorts of things happen with technology. Just unfortunate timing today. I logged back in after a few hours to see that the site now resembles a circus with the clown running the show, not for the first time.

Yeah sorry mate...was about to give my match report but unfortunately as a moderator the reply topic button is about 3mm away from the delete topic button and not very forgiving...my iPad screen is a little off centre so got the wrong button...hope it's up again soon so I can post full match review ...apologies to all

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118191

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok I will post my match report here...hopefully Admin can get the original thread back up soon after my stuff up in accidentally deleting the original thread...all is well that ends well but right now I feel like the complete ass :pinch: :blush: :oops: :blush: :oops: :blush: :oops: :blush:

Let me begin by first congratulating the club for getting on board the Danny Green Coward Punch initiative yesterday. I've never been a massive Green fan but the work and attention he is bringing to this ridiculous and shithouse problem in society is a credit to him and all those around him who are involved. Unfortunately we have a few too many small-dick cowards in this country who feel it is ok to king hit people when they aren't aware of the oncoming attack. Cowards is the perfect word for those that act in this manner and put people's lives at risk. Too may have lost their lives already....wise up cowards, what if it was your brother or sister...

Ok on to game day. I watched the colts. SF looked like that had our measure early and the qtr time score reflected this. After qtr time though it was all one way traffic. SD got it right defensively, applied better tackling pressure and SF spent the rest of the day chasing bums. Loved Cameron's intensity, first time I've seen Joey Hinder play. 5 goals up front in a classy display, the kid looks like a gun. He just finds a way to get the ball despite his size. Really impressed with #1 Humphries who has some serious jets on him when he gets going. Aidan Clarke worked his way in to the game and directed the team well. Plays footy like somebody who has been playing the game forever and great to see him back to continue with the black n whites. IMO with improved fitness has the ability to dominate the colts competition and push for senior selection. Good solid team performance otherwise from a side lacking in height but not in work ethic. Will be a fun year seeing what our colts are capable of achieving.

I only caught the last qtr and a half of the ressies. Hard to comment fairly except to say the team still seems to lack some cohesion with their ball movement. Good to see Smirk getting some touches. Amongst a few other borderline league players such as Whitsted, Coniglio, Slater, Erceg, Ridley, Hackett and Hughes we wanna see these guys playing well so when their opportunities come throughout the year as they undoubtedly will they are ready to contribute.

and to the league...what a win. Came to the ground hoping to see us be competitive and give SF a run for their money but got a whole lot more bang for my buck. SF didn't bring their A game as I requested but geez we competed well and eventually I feel they even turned it up on the day such was our dominance across the key defensive posts. Howie played a blinder marking everything in sight, Ames may not have had a massive possession count but he'd be winning a WAFL Golden Fist award by a few streets after yesterday's spoilathon. Notte was solid as always, our MVP in 2017 in my books. Well supported by Watson Grescos Ugle Turner our defence just locked it down on the back of some great forward of centre defensive pressure from our mids and didn't give SF forwards a sniff. Poor kicking at goal didn't help the SF cause but what cost SF the game or any chance of getting back in to it in the second half was poor ball use going forward. They went sideways and 15m chip kicked across half back and forward of centre all too often after losing confidence in their forwards to win the one on one contest which fell right in to our hands. SF had almost a 100 extra possessions on the day but this equated to nothing as they played what Perth supporters relate to as yellow footy for much of the second half with individuals not wanting to take responsibility for the attacking thrust but rather lay the ball off and make it somebody else's problem. Feeds in to the hands of the defence and helped us dominate the first 50mins of the second half. Tim Kelly was outstanding for SF but couldn't do it all. Some others around him had high possession counts but basically had no influence on the contest...lets just out them as the serial duckers...I won't name names.
Whilst I loved the game of Howie BOG for swans for mine was David Ellard. He led the team yesterday, provided much of the aggression in the clinches and packs and his work ethic was faultless. Great game from Ellard who didn't bowl a pie all day :-) What was also very encouraging was the fact that besides Ellard and Gault 2 of our other ex AFL listed players had little to no influence. Crowley kicked 3 for sure but 2 of them were gimme handballs over the top with a solid snap I will applaud being the other. He was obviously not 100% yesterday so will take the 3 goals. The big X also had minimal impact yesterday after 4 goals last week. 2nd up fitness may have had an influence but he will be an important player for us as the season progresses. The other Gault was a good solid contributor without being brilliant but his efforts in the ruck along with a sore Nuich deserve applause. I could talk Ricky Cary's game up as one of his best yesterday but I am sure he is already doing that himself so no need to plug him on this site. We wanna see some consistency first. Banfield is playing much better footy this year. Clearly he has some confidence back in his leg and is attacking the contest with vigour again. Other notables for me were Taryce Stewart who just looks a footballer, Blighty's early form is encouraging after the injuries he has overcome and as one of my faves can't help but cheer him on, I thought Clutterbuck was good and had some important moments throughout the game, could throw a blanket across the rest as all contributed on the day in what was a great team performance. If I had to list my best 8 in order I'd go Ellard, Howard, Ames, Cary, Notte, Banfield, Gault, Stewart....pretty close to yours BH

Looking forward to next week's test against EP. Gotta say I'm loving being able to attend WAFL footy again this season...life is just that much better with SD back on the weekly roster....something I won't take for granted again. I even signed the missus up as a member yesterday. Told her it was a prerequisite to me putting a ring on her finger :-))))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Grump

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118226

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Might be an idea to leave this one up mate - I can see a couple of members here getting a little holiday from posting shortly :lol: ;)

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118228

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Great match write up DW hopefully you are available to do one every post match.
Just on young Joey I'm not sure if you watched the Colts boys last week but he took an absolute hanger in front of a very excited Macca Stand against Perth.

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118269

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
top effort from Swans, slowed South down and despite their high possessions our defence was able to intercept a lot of their attacks, Howard was superb and all the other did their job and Ames was with Saunders at all times.
mid-field worked hard and Cary finally did something.
Rogers and Banfield great pressure on the ground..

like the week before some good young talent out there - Stewart is in good form and his pace is electric. Garlett was playing well for South before he hurt his leg and very impressed with Donaldson.

expect Crowley and Ellis to be rested this week, good chance for Ridley and someone else to get a run.

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118285

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

MarkOlsen wrote: top effort from Swans, slowed South down and despite their high possessions our defence was able to intercept a lot of their attacks, Howard was superb and all the other did their job and Ames was with Saunders at all times.
mid-field worked hard and Cary finally did something.
Rogers and Banfield great pressure on the ground..

like the week before some good young talent out there - Stewart is in good form and his pace is electric. Garlett was playing well for South before he hurt his leg and very impressed with Donaldson.

expect Crowley and Ellis to be rested this week, good chance for Ridley and someone else to get a run.

Crowley had a hammy issue after QT so wasnt at full capacity so I understand him being rested, I wonder why Ellis would be rested though? Also if Bennell comes back in who will make way? Or will he come in for Crowley?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

SD v SF thread 7 years 4 weeks ago #118286

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Ellis was running up and down on the spot, didnt play on-ball this week.
played forward when we had the breeze and loose man in defence when south had the breeze, reckon he was sore from the week before..
Bennell has a hammy so doubt he would play since we have the bye after the eagles game.

Ellis was an on-field coach on saturday, the way he set the players up when loose man was brilliant, smart footballer..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, Dirty Weekender, gtrxuone

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

SD v SF thread 7 years 3 weeks ago #118396

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Sorry to hijack the thread gents great work by your league team and colts on the weekend.

Did any of you see or hear about the scoreboard conjecture in the 16s match?.
My mail suggests there was a controversy about the scoreline? apparently after a bit of tooing and frooing they agreed on a draw? is that right...

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 737 guests and 2 members online

• Swedgen
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL