Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 4 weeks ago #118115

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Senior Seagull wrote: Well done Swannies massive effort to get over a class outfit in the Doggies, obviously Souths had a dog day arvo with their goal kicking but bad kicking is bad footy and by all accounts your 2 key backs dominated. Great day for Swans you even got a great ride from the umps ending up plus 6!! That's 2 big weeks in a row as the umpires pets. B)

Nothing to do with bad goalkicking, half were rushed and shots missed due to SD pressure
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 4 weeks ago #118128

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Some more reflections on yesterdays win.

The defence worked as a team, so credit must go to Watson, Grescos and Turner for assisting Ames, Notte and Howard to blanket the Souths big boys. The midfield also worked hard defensively as well, to the extent that the team was absolutely stuffed in the last quarter and was lucky to have the 41 point buffer.

We were generally very clean when we had the ball, which was a contrast with most of last week and in fact all of 2016. I loved the snap goal which Faulkner kicked in the 3rd quarter and highlighted to me how much he has improved his disposal.

On the injury front, Crowley looked a bit lame at full forward in the last quarter so hopefully not too serious. Nuich came off with what looked like an ankle injury but returned later. Bennell missed with hamstring soreness so hopefully he will be right for next week.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 4 weeks ago #118129

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Turner I thought was a good addition with the unfortunate late withdrawal of Bennell yesterday who was nearly our best last week.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 4 weeks ago #118143

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: Some more reflections on yesterdays win.

The defence worked as a team, so credit must go to Watson, Grescos and Turner for assisting Ames, Notte and Howard to blanket the Souths big boys. The midfield also worked hard defensively as well, to the extent that the team was absolutely stuffed in the last quarter and was lucky to have the 41 point buffer.

We were generally very clean when we had the ball, which was a contrast with most of last week and in fact all of 2016. I loved the snap goal which Faulkner kicked in the 3rd quarter and highlighted to me how much he has improved his disposal.

On the injury front, Crowley looked a bit lame at full forward in the last quarter so hopefully not too serious. Nuich came off with what looked like an ankle injury but returned later. Bennell missed with hamstring soreness so hopefully he will be right for next week.

Back related hamstring for Crowley mikeh...expect him to miss a couple

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 370 guests and 2 members online

• Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020