Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 6 days ago #117809

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
A real acid test this one against a team that is absolutely up and running at the start of the season. Assuming Faulkner is out I think Turner would be a straight swap in and will add some much needed pace to the mix. Can't see too many other changes at this stage. Swans cannot afford a slow start against the Doggies or they will obliterate us.

This corresponding game last year was a dark day for the club. Swans kicked their lowest ever score (2-6) so hopefully this game will demonstrate that we have a much better combination of players this year. I reckon the team will take a while longer to gel completely as new players get used to working as a group and we will be much better set up to challenge teams like South later in the year.

With this in mind I am not really expecting us to beat South on Saturday but I am certainly expecting Swans to make them earn their victory which the Doggies didn't really have to do in that Bassendean clash 12 months ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 6 days ago #117824

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
From the Reserves last week Turner, Cipro, Maguire, Coniglio, Whitsed & Fullgrabbe at least put there hand up in what was a disappointing first up performance it must be said.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 6 days ago #117895

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

mikeh wrote: A real acid test this one against a team that is absolutely up and running at the start of the season. Assuming Faulkner is out I think Turner would be a straight swap in and will add some much needed pace to the mix. Can't see too many other changes at this stage. Swans cannot afford a slow start against the Doggies or they will obliterate us.

This corresponding game last year was a dark day for the club. Swans kicked their lowest ever score (2-6) so hopefully this game will demonstrate that we have a much better combination of players this year. I reckon the team will take a while longer to gel completely as new players get used to working as a group and we will be much better set up to challenge teams like South later in the year.

With this in mind I am not really expecting us to beat South on Saturday but I am certainly expecting Swans to make them earn their victory which the Doggies didn't really have to do in that Bassendean clash 12 months ago.

I have my fingers crossed for you blokes Mike but they are a scary prospect SF. Who knows you might cause an early season upset but not likely from what I saw last week:(

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 5 days ago #117929

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Looking forward to this one fellas. Proper chance to see where we are really at in 2017. Looking for positives did notice on WAFL Footy Facts website we are 8 - 5 versus SF when we have played them in Round 2. With the umpires clearly on our side in 2017 according to the young white bird and this damning statistic (thanks Ric) we must go in strong favourites for this one :silly: Go swannies!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: waflfootyfacts

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 5 days ago #117932

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Faulkner has been named but would be surprised if he plays given his injury knocked him out of the game last week. None of the emergencies (Turner, Coniglio and Ridley) have been named in the reserves so I reckon Harding is keeping his options open given the forecast warm conditions. We need to inject pace into the midfield and Turner would supply that. Don't know if we have enough big blokes to cover the Souths brigade, I note that Higgins is named as well.
A fast start is essential if we are going to have any hope of causing an upset
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 5 days ago #117938

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

mikeh wrote: Faulkner has been named but would be surprised if he plays given his injury knocked him out of the game last week. None of the emergencies (Turner, Coniglio and Ridley) have been named in the reserves so I reckon Harding is keeping his options open given the forecast warm conditions. We need to inject pace into the midfield and Turner would supply that. Don't know if we have enough big blokes to cover the Souths brigade, I note that Higgins is named as well.
A fast start is essential if we are going to have any hope of causing an upset

Faulkner is a pretty tough cookie...if he ain't feeling severe discomfort I'd assume he is in. Levi Ridley is one I'd like to see in the side along with Jesse Turner. Both have bright futures if they can keep on the park.Turner isn't as quick as you think mikeh but still would add pace to our current mids. Before I get blasted for saying that I'm only relaying what his dad told me :lol:

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 3 days ago #118100

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Looked like a reasonable crowd yesterday. Walker ,Mcdonald and members full.Black Swan bar and a scatter of people on the banks.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 3 days ago #118107

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: 18-14 were the WAFL official frees for stats.

Someone's fudged up somewhere then, either way the WAFL is pushing for Swans to make the finals.

Attachments:

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 3 days ago #118110

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Looked like a reasonable crowd yesterday. Walker ,Mcdonald and members full.Black Swan bar and a scatter of people on the banks.Can't wait to play Subi.

Looking forward to it, will be great to see Subiaco 2004 premiership player Crowley again.

Lookwise SD Premiership player Twomey I just hope he has enough strength to carry his wallet to the game!
Now either get back on to the actual topic Outer or get off the SD thread!

I'd say Crowley is on more above and below the table than Twomey ever was. He is also one of two 12 point players for Swans yesterday, Subi had no 12 point players.

Swans V Bulldogs 7 years 3 days ago #118112

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Looked like a reasonable crowd yesterday. Walker ,Mcdonald and members full.Black Swan bar and a scatter of people on the banks.Can't wait to play Subi.

Looking forward to it, will be great to see Subiaco 2004 premiership player Crowley again.

Likewise SD Premiership player Twomey I just hope he has enough strength to carry his wallet to the game!
Now either get back on to the actual topic Outer or get off the SD thread!

I'd say that Crowley is on more above and below the table than Twomey ever was at Subi. Crowley is also one of two 12 point players out there for Swans yesterday, Subi had no 12 point players.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 447 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes