Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117342

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

mikeh wrote: The first quarter was a good old shoot out. Not a lot of defensive pressure by either team, the result was 12 goals. Perth supporters near me could scarcely believe how easily their goals were coming. Was it my imagination or did that first quarter go nearly 40 minutes?

Number 14 for Perth (the Chris Mayne lookalike} was getting plenty of the ball and our guys looked slow in comparison. Half way through the 2nd quarter the bigger bodies of the experienced Swans guys took their toll and we started to edge back into the game as half time got closer. Xavier Ellis was outstanding in that 2nd quarter as the quality of his disposal stood out like a sore thumb.

After half time Swans were dominant but Perth stayed in the game deep into the last quarter because of our wastefulness in front of goal ( two misses from point blank range by Cary and Stewart) as well as some horrible kicking across goal which coughed up possession to Perth and gifted them at least one goal. Need to tidy that up for the next game.

All the new recruits played well, Ellis showed his class, Bennell played a great game in defence, Ellard competed well with Jones and the other Perth mids, Crowley was serviceable and Gault provided an alternative target to Cary. Riggers played his usual busy game and I thought Noble showed a bit even though his kicking for goal technique looks a bit dodgy.

Perth had a number of guys out and there were a number who played reserves who looked as though they should be playing league , Papertalk and Stack were two that popped up consistently in that game. They do have a number of promising young players so once they start getting more of their A graders back they will be more than competitive.

Hard to predict from that performance how far Swans might go this year but I can tell you winning sure beats losing and we half way to our 2016 wins tally already :woohoo:

I'd rate it a 4/10 performance by our guys today mikeh which luckily was enough to scratch up a win...we got a lot of improvement required if we gonna compete with the better teams in this comp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117345

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
We did get the rub of the green today as far as the free kicks were concerned as well, pretty lop sided count.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117352

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
I was disappointed with our skill level for much of today we must have coughed up the footy for most of Perths goals from a poor foot pass especially Faulkner before injured.....but after watching the WART vs FART clash I dont feel too bad now....what an appalling standard of football for 2 supposed full time AFL sides!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117358

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Beasley Hutton wrote: I was disappointed with our skill level for much of today we must have coughed up the footy for most of Perths goals from a poor foot pass especially Faulkner before injured.....but after watching the WART vs FART clash I dont feel too bad now....what an appalling standard of football for 2 supposed full time AFL sides!

Think we've got a massive reality check coming up to Bassendean next week BH in the shape of a bulldog :sick:
So lets enjoy this victory.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117374

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
You blokes are leading the WAFL free kick count and will for many weeks with 27-8 on Saturday :)

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117378

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leedy wrote: You blokes are leading the WAFL free kick count and will for many weeks with 27-8 on Saturday :)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
They've always done well in the free kick count, up the top of the tally most years.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117380

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
EF up there too :lol:

Where did Ellis play?....permanent forward or mid/forward?....if his knees stay healthy surely he will be the pick of your recruits....

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117383

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Freezin wrote: EF up there too :lol:

Where did Ellis play?....permanent forward or mid/forward?....if his knees stay healthy surely he will be the pick of your recruits....

Spent a lot of time in the middle Freeze....his goals generally came from drifting forward to about the 40 along with a slick left foot banana after a sublime handball from a team mate I can't recall (much like a lot of the 2nd half yesterday
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117384

• Beasley Hutton

Heater19 wrote:

Leedy wrote: You blokes are leading the WAFL free kick count and will for many weeks with 27-8 on Saturday :)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
They've always done well in the free kick count, up the top of the tally most years.

Actually the umpires pets from the last decade or so had the bye this week. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 week ago #117388

• Beasley Hutton

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: I was disappointed with our skill level for much of today we must have coughed up the footy for most of Perths goals from a poor foot pass especially Faulkner before injured.....but after watching the WART vs FART clash I dont feel too bad now....what an appalling standard of football for 2 supposed full time AFL sides!

Think we've got a massive reality check coming up to Bassendean next week BH in the shape of a bulldog :sick:
So lets enjoy this victory.

I am under no illusions whatsoever Mike we only won 2 games and lost 18 last year and we played poorly for most of the game yesterday.
Most of Perth's goals early all came from inexplicable poor turnovers in defence unfortunately from the usual suspects.
SF next week will be a massive test but it will be good to see where we are really at against one of the top teams who absolutely pantsed the foreign legion mob down at the kennel.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 290 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes