Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117320

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Arrived back in Aus just in time for bounce down of the season opener...Perth blitzed us early and only a couple of red time goals kept us in the game at 8 goals to 4 goals at qtr time. At this point in the game Stella Artois took over for the afternoon and all I can really recall is somehow SD nullified the influence of Perth's attacking style of footy and we grinded out a win with Bennell's slickness and Ellard with his on field leadership seeming to me as the major contributors to the momentum shift and once again I liked Rogers game. Looking forward to the write ups of others who may have been just that little bit more sober than me throughout the game. Nice to catch up with some old mates from Demonland but geez not sure how well the missus is taking the state you have returned me in this evening :silly: :woohoo: :whistle: :pinch: :ohmy: :unsure: :huh: :sick

Edit: Riggio Ellis deserve a mention also...xavier nailed a few goals and Riggs showed why despite our ex- AFL recruits he is still our most important midfielder as he attacks the shit outta the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dirty Weekender.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117327

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
Geez well that will learn you for having little faith mate - the missus owns your arse for the weekend - and you won ahahahahahaha :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117330

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: Geez well that will learn you for having little faith mate - the missus owns your arse for the weekend - and you won ahahahahahaha :lol:

Much like I'm sure you are Southy I'll take the win...a 10 day bender in Indo coming to a close on day 12 haha

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117331

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh you can bet your little intestine's cousin I'll take those four points Dirty :lol:

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117332

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
On the footy mate - there's a huge difference already in those numbers the black & whites gathered today
All the right guys got touches by the looks and 4 vital points in the bag

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117333

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: Oh you can bet your little intestine's cousin I'll take those four points Dirty :lol:

In the jungle...the mighty jungle...the lion sleeps tonight....not!!!! Great start to season 2017 even better considering either WART or FART will lose by nights end
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southerner, gtrxuone

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117334

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: On the footy mate - there's a huge difference already in those numbers the black & whites gathered today

We looked very ordinary early Southy...it was there for Perth to take...those wise heads found a way to grind out a win which is why they are at our club but I gotta say the opposition failed to stand in the way when it mattered. A fitter more streamlined opposition would not have switched it off so easily....gotta feel for Perth supporters....appears a lot of good work done last year has already been undone with crucial personnel losses. Doomed to the merger by the looks of it

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117335

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Southerner wrote: Oh you can bet your little intestine's cousin I'll take those four points Dirty :lol:

In the jungle...the mighty jungle...the lion sleeps tonight....not!!!! Great start to season 2017 even better considering either WART or FART will lose by nights end

Yeah well we've been waiting for them Dirty , few scores to settle this year :lol: ;)

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117336

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Southerner wrote: On the footy mate - there's a huge difference already in those numbers the black & whites gathered today

We looked very ordinary early Southy...it was there for Perth to take...those wise heads found a way to grind out a win which is why they are at our club but I gotta say the opposition failed to stand in the way when it mattered. A fitter more streamlined opposition would not have switched it off so easily....gotta feel for Perth supporters....appears a lot of good work done last year has already been undone with crucial personnel losses. Doomed to the merger by the looks of it

Huge difference mate - a young opposition side comes out hard with 8 yet a win is crafted , that's just beautiful on a rebuild 4 priceless points first up - winner

Late Edit: There is no way anyone at South Fremantle would actively support Perth Demons being absorbed mate - there's too much history & rivalry between South & Perth for it to be forgotten or sacrificed.
And I can definitely confirm that Mandurah would be recommended for scrapping (our Prez Raitt already has in the press)

Last edit: by Southerner.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117340

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
The first quarter was a good old shoot out. Not a lot of defensive pressure by either team, the result was 12 goals. Perth supporters near me could scarcely believe how easily their goals were coming. Was it my imagination or did that first quarter go nearly 40 minutes?

Number 14 for Perth (the Chris Mayne lookalike} was getting plenty of the ball and our guys looked slow in comparison. Half way through the 2nd quarter the bigger bodies of the experienced Swans guys took their toll and we started to edge back into the game as half time got closer. Xavier Ellis was outstanding in that 2nd quarter as the quality of his disposal stood out like a sore thumb.

After half time Swans were dominant but Perth stayed in the game deep into the last quarter because of our wastefulness in front of goal ( two misses from point blank range by Cary and Stewart) as well as some horrible kicking across goal which coughed up possession to Perth and gifted them at least one goal. Need to tidy that up for the next game.

All the new recruits played well, Ellis showed his class, Bennell played a great game in defence, Ellard competed well with Jones and the other Perth mids, Crowley was serviceable and Gault provided an alternative target to Cary. Riggers played his usual busy game and I thought Noble showed a bit even though his kicking for goal technique looks a bit dodgy.

Perth had a number of guys out and there were a number who played reserves who looked as though they should be playing league , Papertalk and Stack were two that popped up consistently in that game. They do have a number of promising young players so once they start getting more of their A graders back they will be more than competitive.

Hard to predict from that performance how far Swans might go this year but I can tell you winning sure beats losing and we half way to our 2016 wins tally already :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 647 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest