Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #116789

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I'm starting this thread early because to be frank, I can't wait for the bounce of the ball at 2.15 next Saturday. Looks like its not going to be too hot ( around 27 according to BOM). Time to wash away all the politics because footy is about to start! Its been a long off season after a winter of discontent for Swans fans and I am confident that we will have a much better season in 2017.

Having said that I am also realistic enough to know that Swans were miles behind everyone else last year and they have a lot of ground to make up. They have recruited well over summer and their young guys will certainly improve however whether or not this will be enough to put us in the picture to challenge for top 5 remains to be seen.

As for this Saturdays game, both Swans and Perth will be desperate to get their respective seasons off to a winning start, because round 1 often sets the tone for the supporters and players. Last year Swans lost their number 1 ruckman at the opening bounce of the season and then were flogged by the Sharks and it all pretty much unravelled from there. Perth had a great victory up at Joondalup in their final pre season match and had the wood over us last year ( then again everybody did ;) ) so the challenge is very much ahead of the Swans boys.

Roll on Saturday :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #116791

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1194
could be decided in the guts & whether it's Swans or Perth that has the goalkicker on the end of it , both sides have more than decent midfields that's where it'll be won for mine mate

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #116929

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Does anyone have an update of Ellards injury? DW mentioned that he hurt his knee at East Fremantle in the last pre season game. Please not another ACL to one of our recruits surely???

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117046

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote: Does anyone have an update of Ellards injury? DW mentioned that he hurt his knee at East Fremantle in the last pre season game. Please not another ACL to one of our recruits surely???

God I hope not Mike :( surely we are due a change of luck for once. :unsure:

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117047

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I think I heard he had done a medial ligament.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117058

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mr AFL wrote: I think I heard he had done a medial ligament.

Depending on the severity a medial injury is not season ending so if this is true we will hopefully see Ellard at some stage. It would be nice if the club was able to clarify his situation as he was one of the marquee signings for the year.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117111

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
And the weather is looking like the possibility of some light rain and a day time temperature of 24°. The weather will be not too hot and not too cold. The only thing of worry is the (yet again) lack of preseason build up or advertising prior to season start. Hopefully the good weather draws an excellent attendance to kick off the season.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117115

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: I think I heard he had done a medial ligament.

Depending on the severity a medial injury is not season ending so if this is true we will hopefully see Ellard at some stage. It would be nice if the club was able to clarify his situation as he was one of the marquee signings for the year.

Harding said he expects him to play this week, just a knock on it thankfully
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117129

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
i'm predicting a nil all draw for this one.

Swans V Perth round 1 at Bassendean 7 years 1 month ago #117204

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Team pretty much as expected although I was surprised there was no place for 2016 rookie of the year Jessie Turner? He adds a lot of pace and I thought he would have been worth a spot on the interchange bench at least. Perhaps he has had some injuries during preseason. The spine of Ames, Gault, Crowley, Notte and Howard looks the goods and Nuich will be the number 1 ruckman in place of Yukich who is playing ressies.

On paper we look to have the edge over Perth who are missing a number of their best 22. Games are never played on paper though and we can ill afford to underestimate a team of enthusiastic young guys led by top flight players such as Jones, Tropiano and McKenna.

What do you reckon Swan42? Are you out there somewhere?

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 726 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020