Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115212

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks for that MO.

In answer to BC's question I would think there would have to be a significant improvement in 2017 for Harding to be assured of continuity in the role. I do think he has his strengths but he has been coach for 7 years now and there may be an element of players switching off a bit because they are so accustomed to the message coming from the same source. As a supporter I would consider 8 wins and being in the running for finals for much of the season as a pass mark, given how far they fell last year.

I think the first kpi would be that we are competitive in most matches. It will take time for our players come back to gel together. The first match against Perth will set the standard and what we can expect for the rest of the season.

For the record Cary is only 1/3 the player he was last year: he had 23 on his jumper on Saturday and I thought he showed that he could be a focal point for us up forward. I also thought Rogers showed good intensity up forward.

Probably the highlight was the mark by Bennell just in front of the Macca Stand.

being competitive and improving performances are subjective...I'd imagine your board and/or CEO would come up with a win/loss ratio which must be achieved to keep his job...dunno.

We were struggling to kick 6-8 goals in most matches last year. If there was a repeat of that his year Harding's position would be very tenuous.

As I have previously posted and even though it will take time to get all players to gel together the first game is an absolute imperative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by swan42.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115216

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
"Stop bowling Pies" Ellard will be handy for us and seem to bring his own rent a crowd along with him to the game...Levi Ridley looks a much better prospect now ...rogers played with intensity I didn't see all last year haha only attended a cupla games...must say I was impressed with both the Manton boys in the magoos...Gault presented well and really liked the look of #13 name escapes me right now who seems to have made the jump from colts better than most. Repeating some other comments here which probably means they are about on the money

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115218

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Taryce Stewart #13 DW?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115219

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Taryce Stewart #13 DW?

Yes it was.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115226

• Beasley Hutton
I won't get in to any debate on here about the coaches position but I will say it is high time the club lifted its rating as last year was a complete disaster and another similar one will not be tolerated...this comp desperately needs a strong Swan Districts FC.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115237

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: I won't get in to any debate on here about the coaches position but I will say it is high time the club lifted its rating as last year was a complete disaster and another similar one will not be tolerated...this comp desperately needs a strong Swan Districts FC.

Early day yet but the club has certainly made a move in the right direction with its heavy recruiting. Also why not just say the supporters desperately need a strong Swan Districts, saying the comp needs a strong Swan Districts is a touch arrogant don't you think.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115241

• Beasley Hutton

Heater19 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: I won't get in to any debate on here about the coaches position but I will say it is high time the club lifted its rating as last year was a complete disaster and another similar one will not be tolerated...this comp desperately needs a strong Swan Districts FC.

Early day yet but the club has certainly made a move in the right direction with its heavy recruiting. Also why not just say the supporters desperately need a strong Swan Districts, saying the comp needs a strong Swan Districts is a touch arrogant don't you think.

Anyone who witnessed the scenes after the 2010 GF and all of the media coverage afterwards would agree the WAFL needs more and more of that...as opposed to Subis continual success that has seen the WAFL interest go backwards at a rate of knots to the general football public.
What number nom de plume is this one "Heater" -19? :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115246

• Heater19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

Anyone who witnessed the scenes after the 2010 GF and all of the media coverage afterwards would agree the WAFL needs more and more of that...as opposed to Subis continual success that has seen the WAFL interest go backwards at a rate of knots to the general football public.
What number non de plume is this one "Heater"? :whistle:

Ha Ha I had to Google that and I'm still none the wiser, we'll just agree to disagree. Fair bump, play on.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115253

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Heater19 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Heater19 wrote:

What number non de plume is this one "Heater"? :whistle:

Ha Ha I had to Google that and I'm still none the wiser, we'll just agree to disagree. Fair bump, play on.

Hi Outer, welcome back to Ozfooty, wonder how long you will last this time?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115294

• Beasley Hutton

Heater19 wrote:

You have mentioned Swans "heavy recruiting" or "army of recruits" in 2 of your 5 posts this time in Hea(out)er ;) ...as it stands we have new this year-
Pearce (returns- out for season injured), Bennell (returns), Ellard (returns), Gault (returns), Crowley (Fremantle/Essendon), Ellis (Hawthorn/WCE), Noble (T/A's).

If thats an army of recruits then what is $ubi's just from this summer alone-
In: Nick Menagola (East Fremantle), Lewis Krakouer (East Fremantle), Corey Adamson (East Perth), Simon Parry (Swan Districts/Donnybrook), Angus Litherland (Hawthorn/Claremont), Bailey Matera (South Fremantle), Sam Lowrie (Kelmscott), Rowan Powell (Claremont), Dylan Nelson (Swan Districts/Ellenbrook AFC), Daniel Perkins (East Perth), Simon Parry (Swan Districts), Justin Joyce (Returns), Daniel Leach (Brigades FC), Damon Guiness (Corrigin FC), Alex Thurkle (Brigades FC), David Madut (Returns), Joe Scafidi (Returns), Reid Polak (Perth), Tony Amoroso (South Frem) :whistle:

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 346 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes