Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115161

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Couldn't get to the game so would be interested in any observations from Swans point of view about who played well or any insights into what happened. All I know at the moment was that we lost by about 50 points and Liam Ryan ran amok apparently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115169

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
had a look mike, improved on last year as we should with the new players.
Crowley and Ellard worked hard, Gault dropped a few marks but gives a target at least.
Ellis got a bit of it but needs some conditioning work.
Bennell was good off half back.
Noble flashed in to the play a few times up forward and took some good marks.
Ridley 3 goals in the 1st half, played wing in the 2nd half - can play when switched on.
Subi played a better brand of footy, more run and moved it much quicker than Swans, we still lack run off the wings and half back.
Liam Ryan put on a clinic, far too good for Jack Watson and whoever else played on him.
Swans won the reserves easily, Ugle played there and the last qtr in league.
didnt see colts but I heard Swans won easy but cant confirm.

we will improve but will take a while to gel together and coach still has a poor game plan and no ruckman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115171

• BC
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
a serious question here MO...is Harding on borrowed time? do you have a feel for what would be a pass mark for you blokes so he keeps his job?

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115172

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
no idea, those at the club must rate him.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115174

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Thanks for that MO.

In answer to BC's question I would think there would have to be a significant improvement in 2017 for Harding to be assured of continuity in the role. I do think he has his strengths but he has been coach for 7 years now and there may be an element of players switching off a bit because they are so accustomed to the message coming from the same source. As a supporter I would consider 8 wins and being in the running for finals for much of the season as a pass mark, given how far they fell last year.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115179

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Thanks for that MO.

In answer to BC's question I would think there would have to be a significant improvement in 2017 for Harding to be assured of continuity in the role. I do think he has his strengths but he has been coach for 7 years now and there may be an element of players switching off a bit because they are so accustomed to the message coming from the same source. As a supporter I would consider 8 wins and being in the running for finals for much of the season as a pass mark, given how far they fell last year.

I think the first kpi would be that we are competitive in most matches. It will take time for our players come back to gel together. The first match against Perth will set the standard and what we can expect for the rest of the season.

For the record Cary is only 1/3 the player he was last year: he had 23 on his jumper on Saturday and I thought he showed that he could be a focal point for us up forward. I also thought Rogers showed good intensity up forward.

Probably the highlight was the mark by Bennell just in front of the Macca Stand.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115189

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Haha...took me a while to figure out the Cary reference. Yeah thats a big guernsey number upgrade. Always a dangerous player

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115191

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's odd how Crowley was reinvented into a hard tough tagger.

I remember back in 04/05 with us he was a wil-o-the-wisp up forward and good around goals.

I would consider occasionally taking him out of the midfield and slotting him at full forward or HFF

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115193

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote: It's odd how Crowley was reinvented into a hard tough tagger.

I remember back in 04/05 with us he was a wil-o-the-wisp up forward and good around goals.

I would consider occasionally taking him out of the midfield and slotting him at full forward or HFF

One of Harding's challenges will be how best to utilise Crowley's talents.

Scratch Match v Subiaco 7 years 1 month ago #115207

• BC
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Thanks for that MO.

I think the first kpi would be that we are competitive in most matches. It will take time for our players come back to gel together. The first match against Perth will set the standard and what we can expect for the rest of the season.

For the record Cary is only 1/3 the player he was last year: he had 23 on his jumper on Saturday and I thought he showed that he could be a focal point for us up forward. I also thought Rogers showed good intensity up forward.

Probably the highlight was the mark by Bennell just in front of the Macca Stand.

being competitive and improving performances are subjective...I'd imagine your board and/or CEO would come up with a win/loss ratio which must be achieved to keep his job...dunno.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 308 guests and 2 members online

• BC
  • mikeh

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL