Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109839

• jeffreyjocks
  • jeffreyjocks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
hey guys im a student film maker and ive produced this little documentary about our great club. this is a link to it on youtube. Any feedback or suggestions would be awesome, cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, mikeh, Viper, Dirty Weekender, Blackduck, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109844

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Fantastic stuff jj.
It really shows the passion that is the SDFC that only a few other WAFL clubs could possibly match ....and most certainly not that mob who can't decide which side of We$t Leederville they reside! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, jeffreyjocks, gtrxuone

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109846

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Well done JJ, encapsulates the passion that guys like Ames, Notte and Blakley have for the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeffreyjocks

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109861

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Brilliant mate!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeffreyjocks

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109862

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well done. If you would like a longterm project: it would be great to chronicle the stories of all our former champions incuding vision of them playing for the mighty black and whites and hear them explain how they made their way to Basso aand talk about their careers.

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109878

• jeffreyjocks
  • jeffreyjocks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks guys i really appreciate the support, ive got a couple of ideas 4 pre season but swan42 i reckon thats a great idea, this history is just as important as the future and if u have any1 in particular in mind to approach then im all ears, i reckon it would be hard to pull together but id love thr opportunity to sitdown with John Todd, ronny boucher and billy walker and have a yarn. Maybe i could have supporters nominate who theyd like to c, then allow that person to conduct the interview, that would be a great idea. For instance my old mate ray loves billy walker if i could tee it up so he could have a 1 off a kind experience witj a legend, and shows how strong a unit swans is. Thanks guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, mikeh, gtrxuone

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 4 months ago #109880

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Thanks Jeffery really enjoyed your Documentary.

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 3 months ago #109890

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

jeffreyjocks wrote: Thanks guys i really appreciate the support, ive got a couple of ideas 4 pre season but swan42 i reckon thats a great idea, this history is just as important as the future and if u have any1 in particular in mind to approach then im all ears, i reckon it would be hard to pull together but id love thr opportunity to sitdown with John Todd, ronny boucher and billy walker and have a yarn. Maybe i could have supporters nominate who theyd like to c, then allow that person to conduct the interview, that would be a great idea. For instance my old mate ray loves billy walker if i could tee it up so he could have a 1 off a kind experience witj a legend, and shows how strong a unit swans is. Thanks guys

If you do go ahead with it, I'd look at Tim Barker first. he played his first game in the under age years, played in the 1946 reserves team that won the clubs first flag and also played over 200 league games. His memory is still sharp and his story would be worth getting on film.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeh

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 3 months ago #109891

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jeffreyjocks wrote: Thanks guys i really appreciate the support, ive got a couple of ideas 4 pre season but swan42 i reckon thats a great idea, this history is just as important as the future and if u have any1 in particular in mind to approach then im all ears, i reckon it would be hard to pull together but id love thr opportunity to sitdown with John Todd, ronny boucher and billy walker and have a yarn. Maybe i could have supporters nominate who theyd like to c, then allow that person to conduct the interview, that would be a great idea. For instance my old mate ray loves billy walker if i could tee it up so he could have a 1 off a kind experience witj a legend, and shows how strong a unit swans is. Thanks guys

JJ one other person I would recommend would be for you to try to get Percy Johnson and just roll the tape and let PJ talk.

Another very important part of the Midland and Swan Districts' history was the Midland Workshops. Amongst the Swans' players over the years that work there are Keith Narkle and Tom Mullooly. I am sure there were many, many others. In terms of the Midland workshops a contact may the Midland Council to see if they are interested in you chronicling that part of Midland's history.

I would also suggest that you contact Peter Hodyl about whether Swans would be interested in this venture.

Swan Districts Documentary 7 years 3 months ago #109898

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Some great suggestions here, should keep you busy for a while JJ!
On a contemporary note, I would love to see a longer feature on Tallen Ames. To me this guy sums up what the SDFC is about. He grew up near the ground, has played 250 games, captain of the club, a talented and courageous player but also very humble and a good bloke. He has a passion for the club which he wears on his sleeve. He also realises how important the supporters are to a team and he regularly engages them before and after games.

Last edit: by mikeh.
  • Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 268 guests and 4 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits