Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103076

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Finally the end of the season. It's been a long cold wet winter for Swans fans and to some extent its a relief that's its nearly all over. To close out 2016 the boys face a trek to HBF (how bloody far?) Arena to face a premiership contender. If they bring the same lack of effort that they showed last week, it could get embarrassing.

From West Perth's point of view they would have one eye on their big game next week, so may be in preservation mode. This may prevent this game from being a complete blow out.

There is a chance that Tallen Ames will be playing his last game for Swans on Saturday, so I hope the boys will put in a performance worthy of this club legend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103085

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
One would think West Perth to win this match in a canter. However Swans have played better this season in their Away matches. Strangely these two teams have only currently played each other once this season. Swans were beaten on that day but not by a huge blow-out margin. This is going to be an interesting match.

re: There is a chance that Tallen Ames will be playing his last game for Swans on Saturday, so I hope the boys will put in a performance worthy of this club legend

You'll need to have a quiet word in his ear mikeh.
I would certainly hope it's not his last game and would be great for Swans if he played on. They would need some experienced respected guys to guide the young uns that will be playing next season. Ames being a dinky di true blue Swans man will be sorely missed and hard to replace should he decide to hang up the Guernsey.

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103089

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote: Finally the end of the season. It's been a long cold wet winter for Swans fans and to some extent its a relief that's its nearly all over. To close out 2016 the boys face a trek to HBF (how bloody far?) Arena to face a premiership contender. If they bring the same lack of effort that they showed last week, it could get embarrassing.

From West Perth's point of view they would have one eye on their big game next week, so may be in preservation mode. This may prevent this game from being a complete blow out.

There is a chance that Tallen Ames will be playing his last game for Swans on Saturday, so I hope the boys will put in a performance worthy of this club legend.

He won't be the only one playing last game for Swans unfortunately, if it is in Amesys last as I was given a few names yesterday but he wasn't on the retirement list
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103092

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
A couple more boys named for their League Debuts in this game tomorrow.
As SD has made mention of it could be the last game for a few boys at Swans as well.

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103095

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
is the club going to announce this info about players retiring ?

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103096

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Swandog wrote:

mikeh wrote: Finally the end of the season. It's been a long cold wet winter for Swans fans and to some extent its a relief that's its nearly all over. To close out 2016 the boys face a trek to HBF (how bloody far?) Arena to face a premiership contender. If they bring the same lack of effort that they showed last week, it could get embarrassing.

He won't be the only one playing last game for Swans unfortunately, if it is in Amesys last as I was given a few names yesterday but he wasn't on the retirement list

Name names!

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103107

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
The last game in a very long season against a good side in finals mode.A ground where Swans havnt won in the last few years.Remember a great win in 2013 on Anzac Day at Hbf.Tony Knott went forward in the 2nd half and kicked 5 goals.
Game does mean a lot IMO.The players and there effot will be closely looked at.If its a performance like last week you would think a fair few players dont want to be there next year.You would expect the younger players to go all out to be a part of the big rebuild in 2017.
To me you can still build a decent Wafl side around 5 or 6 good players.One good player in each line.Just look at Clint Jones getting the ball 40 times a game with an effective position rate of over 80% (apsolute red hot favourite for the Sandover).Bringing his team mates into the game.If we can get at least 3-4 of our ex players back to the club,that a good startng point.
As mentioned by BH plenty of times this year.The current playing serface is not helping our side in any way and is part of the 2016 problem.That needs attention over the summer.

Last edit: by gtrxuone. Reason: typo

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103109

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

MarkOlsen wrote: is the club going to announce this info about players retiring ?

The player who I spoke with doesnt want to announce, also a few will be in different colours next year
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103110

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Its been a really tough year and it may be just as tough next year so I wouldn't blame some of the Senior players for seriously thinking about whether they would want to go around again. Guys like Kirk Ugle, Justin Simpson and Jarrad Blight who seem to pick up injuries every year would possibly be wondering if it is worth it. Ugle particularly has had a couple of nasty knocks to the head this year and he needs to look after his health as a priority. All three would certainly be very useful in a young group and capable of making an impact but only they know if they have the motivation to keep going.

Swans v West Perth at HBF 7 years 7 months ago #103111

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote: is the club going to announce this info about players retiring ?

The player who I spoke with doesnt want to announce, also a few will be in different colours next year

Not Subiaco colours by any chance?? :angry:

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 365 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL