Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101631

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Bend over here it comes again :ohmy:
There can probably only be one result in this game. A team which is 2nd on the ladder, playing for a home final versus the worst team in the WAFL who have won 2 games in 2016. It appears to be a total mismatch and Souths would be disappointed if they don't win by at least 10 goals.
There is some hope though. The last time we played Souths ( at Bassendean mind you) it was a competitive game in the first half. We have had some good clashes over the past 4 or 5 years against the Doggies at Freo and some of the boys would have good memories of the ground, especially those who played in that game a few years back when we were over 30 points down at 3 quarter time but came home with a wet sail to snatch it at the death. Happy days!
Reality bites though and I am just hoping to see them hit a few more targets and put some decent passages of play together. Cary should come back in if he is fit and I would also give Alby Dean another go as he has been playing consistently in the reserves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101646

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Bend over here it comes again :ohmy:
There can probably only be one result in this game. A team which is 2nd on the ladder, playing for a home final versus the worst team in the WAFL who have won 2 games in 2016. It appears to be a total mismatch and Souths would be disappointed if they don't win by at least 10 goals.
There is some hope though. The last time we played Souths ( at Bassendean mind you) it was a competitive game in the first half. We have had some good clashes over the past 4 or 5 years against the Doggies at Freo and some of the boys would have good memories of the ground, especially those who played in that game a few years back when we were over 30 points down at 3 quarter time but came home with a wet sail to snatch it at the death. Happy days!
Reality bites though and I am just hoping to see them hit a few more targets and put some decent passages of play together. Cary should come back in if he is fit and I would also give Alby Dean another go as he has been playing consistently in the reserves.

Mikeh would you expect Rogers to come back in as well?

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101654

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Mike you made a very good point about us hopefully stringing a few good passages of play together.
Having watched all of our games I reckon I could count on one hand how many times we have been able to transition the ball smoothly from defence to goal without either turning it over or butchering a golden scoring opportunity.
Sad but true.

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101656

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
we scored a goal last week where we moved it from one end to the other but needed Rudy to beat 2 blokes and put on a great kick to the square to a free player.

its exciting when it happens once every 6 weeks for us, other teams get it 5-6 times a game against Swans !

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101661

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Bend over here it comes again :ohmy:

Mikeh would you expect Rogers to come back in as well?

Went OK in the ressies last week Swan 42 so he would be on the table for sure. Matt has been well below the high standards he has set in the last two years and that is why he is in and out of the team. I think his work rate is lower than previous seasons although I wouldn't envy the task of anybody playing forward for Swans this year!

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101696

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
You'd think Cary and Rogers would be back in! I'd also like to see Slater get a crack. Different roles but not sure how Smirk has been given a crack instead of him!

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101755

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mad Dog wrote: You'd think Cary and Rogers would be back in! I'd also like to see Slater get a crack. Different roles but not sure how Smirk has been given a crack instead of him!

Well picked MD, Slater is on an extended bench though and has also been named in reserves so he may not make the cut. Ames is out again and you would have to wonder if he may pull the pin in a couple of weeks, not because of his desire to play but I sense that his body may be failing him. Having said that Tallen is on the cusp of 250 games so he may be tempted to go around one more year perhaps on a managed basis. I would also be interested to know others views on where Matt Jukes is at with his footy. He has languished in the reserves for a number of weeks now. At his best he is a very good player but he has been out of form for most of the year. I wonder if Matt has a future at Swans in 2017.

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101767

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872
Mike Jukes hasnt played any footy at all for about 3 weeks.

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101771

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks BH. Missed that. Injured I assume?

Swans V Doggies at Fremantle 7 years 7 months ago #101773

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
With the likes of Ellard coming back, Taylor coming off an injury, Newman and Bennell likelys to come back....where does Jukes fit into the scheme of things....didn't he kick 4/5 goals v EF reserves a few weeks back BH?

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 410 guests and one member online

• KCachard

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL