Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101001

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

waflfootyfacts wrote:

mikeh wrote:

waflfootyfacts wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: To be honest Mike I will be happy if we are even just competitive in all of our last 4 games. We are still a long way short of reaching 1000 points scored for the year and on track for our worst scoring season of all time.
But apparently to some the most pressing matter in all of the WAFL is making $ubi even more dominant as 7 flags in the last 12 years isn't enough! :blink:

They need 114 in 4 games or an average of about 29. They should be able to do this but that still means an average of 50 points a game. I checked on a couple of seasons where they didn't win more than 2 games. In 1968 they scored 1500 from 21 games and in 2002 they scored 1114 from 18 games and in both of these seasons they only won 1 game. Certainly on track to be the lowest scoring season

We need to average 82.75 points per game from the last four games to avoid the lowest ever amount of points in a season set back in 1952 of 60.85.

waflfootyfacts.net/teamseasons.php?Team=Swan%20Districts

Click the Ave heading twice to sort from lowest to highest average points for.

Cheers Rick. Seeing we have only passed 82 points twice in the whole season it would seem highly unlikely that they will achieve that as an average over 4 weeks so that unwanted record looks as if it will be in the books. A far cry from the early 80's where Swans were averaging 140 points per game!

No worries, mikeh yet another unwanted record for us Swannies supporters to try to forget about from this miserable season, unfortunately all those 'lowest scores' etc are plastered all over my website and I can't get away from them. I just try to ignore them and receive the good years - haha

I found it fascinating that Swans conceded more average points against in our premiership years of 1982-83-84 than we have this year! Just a reflection of the way the game was played then I guess, less of those boring defensive game plans and higher scoring....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101002

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

mikeh wrote:

waflfootyfacts wrote:

mikeh wrote:

waflfootyfacts wrote:

mikeh wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: To be honest Mike I will be happy if we are even just competitive in all of our last 4 games. We are still a long way short of reaching 1000 points scored for the year and on track for our worst scoring season of all time.
But apparently to some the most pressing matter in all of the WAFL is making $ubi even more dominant as 7 flags in the last 12 years isn't enough! :blink:

They need 114 in 4 games or an average of about 29. They should be able to do this but that still means an average of 50 points a game. I checked on a couple of seasons where they didn't win more than 2 games. In 1968 they scored 1500 from 21 games and in 2002 they scored 1114 from 18 games and in both of these seasons they only won 1 game. Certainly on track to be the lowest scoring season

We need to average 82.75 points per game from the last four games to avoid the lowest ever amount of points in a season set back in 1952 of 60.85.

waflfootyfacts.net/teamseasons.php?Team=Swan%20Districts

Click the Ave heading twice to sort from lowest to highest average points for.

Cheers Rick. Seeing we have only passed 82 points twice in the whole season it would seem highly unlikely that they will achieve that as an average over 4 weeks so that unwanted record looks as if it will be in the books. A far cry from the early 80's where Swans were averaging 140 points per game!

No worries, mikeh yet another unwanted record for us Swannies supporters to try to forget about from this miserable season, unfortunately all those 'lowest scores' etc are plastered all over my website and I can't get away from them. I just try to ignore them and receive the good years - haha

I found it fascinating that Swans conceded more average points against in our premiership years of 1982-83-84 than we have this year! Just a reflection of the way the game was played then I guess, less of those boring defensive game plans and higher scoring....

Scoring has declined considerably since then. Even since 2010, the overall avg is going down, so much so that the avg for all teams this year is the lowest since 1928! Wet and stormy weather pretty much every Saturday certainly hasn't helped the scoring this year, and heavy rain forecast this Saturday afternoon as well.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101008

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Mad Dog wrote: Maybe another topic needs to be started for this discussion but this is what I think will happen re:2017 ins outs. Blakely - highly unlikely to play.
Ames - struggled this season 50/50
Ugle - yes
Blight - yes
Simpson - 70/30
Crowley - 100%

And I'm confident these guys will return if delisted.
Bennell,Pearce,Gault

Supporters may not realise but the set up of the team at the moment appears to be planning towards next year as evidenced with Howard playing mid/fwd last week and a few youngsters given some big roles.

It's very hard to watch atm but I can envisage a quick turnaround with some local products returning.

Simmo is 100% MD
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101014

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

waflfootyfacts wrote: Further more, apart from Peel in 1999 when they went 0-20 no team has averaged less than Swans have in 2016 in a season since 1945!

waflfootyfacts.net/allseasonsleastpoints.php#6

We would have kicked more goals in the first few games of 1981 then we have for the whole 2016 season Ric.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101066

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Watching $ubi play last week.You can build a reasonable Wafl side with a few good ex Afl players.Similar to what Perth have done this year.Subi are a bit better than that but gives Swans some hope over the summer.
All we can do is stick with the young players and have more focus pre season training.Running,strength,skills,stamina.A lot of that will happen as the players play more games.Couldnt think of a better recruit than Ryan Crawley to show the way.Swans have suffered terribly this year with the loss os Swoop.It took a while for all of us to realise how important he was to the side.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101072

• Beasley Hutton
No doubt Swoop has been sorely missed mate but dont forget we also lost WAFL League stars like Davis & Broad to the AFL on top of the likes of Boekhorst, Blakely, Cameron, Lobb, Hughes from our League team not our Colts over the last couple of years. That loss of talent was always going to catch up with us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101074

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Good point Bh that's like half the current Subi side.if Crowley available next year at the bottom of all packs tagging out the best midfielder.Will inspire. All to bigger things.Add the 7 or 8 exprienced players already + Ellard. C Pearce J Bennell.

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101163

• Beasley Hutton
All good adding names to the magnet board boys but as a long suffering member I will be demanding to see a 100% improvement across every facet of the footy spectrum over the summer before next season. This club cannot afford another season like this one EVER AGAIN which has been nothing short of diabolical rubbish that has been served up in 2016!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101167

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: All good adding names to the magnet board boys but as a long suffering member I will be demanding to see a 100% improvement across every facet of the footy spectrum over the summer before next season. This club cannot afford another season like this one EVER AGAIN which has been nothing short of diabolical rubbish that has been served up in 2016!

It's all the umpires fault, if they'd just stop picking on you, you will be premiers in 2017

Swans V Tigers at Bassendean August 6th 7 years 7 months ago #101172

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Beasley Hutton wrote: All good adding names to the magnet board boys but as a long suffering member I will be demanding to see a 100% improvement across every facet of the footy spectrum over the summer before next season. This club cannot afford another season like this one EVER AGAIN which has been nothing short of diabolical rubbish that has been served up in 2016!

Harding would want to have a solid start to 2017 because all his get out of jail free cards have been cashed in this season.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 374 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes