Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99749

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
After a week off Swans return to their difficult season with a home game against East Fremantle who haven't won a game since the 6th June and have lost to Peel (twice), Perth, West Perth and Subiaco over the past 6 weeks. So this game gives them a bit of an opportunity to gain back a bit of confidence and get back in the race for the top 5.

As for Swans after a few promising weeks where we kicked reasonable scores we were back to our barren worst with only 2 goals against the Eagles 2nds. They have been particularly poor in wet conditions this year, so the forecast of a dry day gives us some hope of a more competitive match. Not sure why Kirk Ugle played reserves last round but surely he has to be in Swans top 22 and therefore back in the team for this match.

I have a feeling that Swans might make a decent game of this but overall I think the Sharks have too much at stake and might just get over the line in the end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99751

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Looks like EF may have shot their bolt a bit early in 2016, so we are a big chance on a dry hard deck at home to continue WIleys woes and have EF equal our longest losing streak of the year of 7 in a row…
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99757

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257
My preview - think Swans are a good chance this week, although computer is picking Sharks.

waflfootyfacts.net/previewssdvef.php

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99779

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Definite chance for Swans to get a win here with the Sharks in a fairly big rut. Hopefully the turf that was replaced yesterday is of no concern to the game going ahead! Fairly big section in the middle of the ground and the mind boggles as why to do it the week of a game when there was a bye last week!

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99786

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mad Dog wrote: Definite chance for Swans to get a win here with the Sharks in a fairly big rut. Hopefully the turf that was replaced yesterday is of no concern to the game going ahead! Fairly big section in the middle of the ground and the mind boggles as why to do it the week of a game when there was a bye last week!

That's a bit of a concern MD, reminds me of the situation that occurred at Leederville 4 or 5 weeks ago. Do you think there is a chance that the game could be moved or is that for just when Peel are playing? Ironically Leederville is one of the neutral venues that could potentially be available this Saturday if the ground is considered unplayable.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99791

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

mikeh wrote:

Mad Dog wrote: Definite chance for Swans to get a win here with the Sharks in a fairly big rut. Hopefully the turf that was replaced yesterday is of no concern to the game going ahead! Fairly big section in the middle of the ground and the mind boggles as why to do it the week of a game when there was a bye last week!

That's a bit of a concern MD, reminds me of the situation that occurred at Leederville 4 or 5 weeks ago. Do you think there is a chance that the game could be moved or is that for just when Peel are playing? Ironically Leederville is one of the neutral venues that could potentially be available this Saturday if the ground is considered unplayable.

I haven't personally inspected the area so the job done may be better than that done at Leederville. The area appeared,from a distance,to be bigger than that job. But odd but hopefully it will be fine,they are the experts after all.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99796

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Mad Dog wrote:

mikeh wrote:

I haven't personally inspected the area so the job done may be better than that done at Leederville. The area appeared,from a distance,to be bigger than that job. But odd but hopefully it will be fine,they are the experts after all.

Back in the days of my GrandDad looking after our hallowed turf he would have left the replacement grass off and turned the sprinklers on for a few days on end culturing some quality mud, especially for those 2 Freo sides he hated so much. Pile of mud might actually be safer that shifting grass surface. Hope y'all can keep your sneakers clean at the qtr time huddles on the weekend :woohoo: :lol: :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99797

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
A complete resurface is long overdue at Basso, I have noticed it really getting worse after a deluge of rain over the last couple of years and maybe could happen to coincide with the new redevelopment to start in the next couple of years.
A billiard table like Subi Oval-WACA type surface would be ideal but maybe too costly the next best in the WAFL would be an all weather like Joondalup that seems to hold up ok in wet conditions. The other WAFL grounds surfaces are as bad if not worse than Basso!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99816

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Disappointing to lose both Simpson and Jukes to injuries. On the positive side Jake Nuich is in line to make his comeback, very good news after a tough year for the young man.

Swans V Sharks at Bassendean 7 years 9 months ago #99839

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Had a feeling that this game was the time that Swans step up and help shape the final 5.Off a buy really fresh against a side thats not playing as well as they where earlier in the season.Just not sure now about 2016.Looks like another rainy Saturday for a Basso home game with the problems with the serface. That doesnt suit our side.
This young side cannot afford to lose exprienced players like Simpson.Holds on to the footy,doesnt panic and brings team mates into the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 592 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977