Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98709

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
From the club website

Swan Districts Football Club is delighted to announce that former Carlton onballer, David Ellard is returning to Steel Blue Oval for the 2017 season.

Ellard was recruited from Swan Districts to Carlton with pick 34 in the 2008 AFL Rookie Draft before being elevated in 2010 on his way to playing 63 senior games with the Blues.

Swan Districts senior coach, Greg Harding, said of the announcement “Having Dave agree to come home allows us to finish 2016 with real positivity that we are building towards a bright 2017 and beyond. Dave brings with him fantastic leadership qualities and we believe he will be a huge acquisition to our midfield as well as bringing off field professionalism and very high standards”

Of his move back to his home club, David Ellard said “I’m really looking forward to coming home to where it all started. I’ve always said when myself and my partner decided to move home I would come back to Swans as they provided me a great start to what has been an amazing experience in Melbourne. I’m excited to hear what the club has planned for next year and will look to add experience and leadership to a relatively young list”.

Swan’s President Peter Hodyl highlighted the importance for the club to attract former Swans players as they come out of the AFL system. “Whilst we continue to promote from within and develop our own young local talent, it is vital that when a former Swan’s players time in the AFL is over, then we are the club of choice if they decide to come home”.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98716

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1195
Bloody handy pick up for Swans Mike

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98720

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: From the club website

Swan Districts Football Club is delighted to announce that former Carlton onballer, David Ellard is returning to Steel Blue Oval for the 2017 season.

Ellard was recruited from Swan Districts to Carlton with pick 34 in the 2008 AFL Rookie Draft before being elevated in 2010 on his way to playing 63 senior games with the Blues.

Swan Districts senior coach, Greg Harding, said of the announcement “Having Dave agree to come home allows us to finish 2016 with real positivity that we are building towards a bright 2017 and beyond. Dave brings with him fantastic leadership qualities and we believe he will be a huge acquisition to our midfield as well as bringing off field professionalism and very high standards”

Of his move back to his home club, David Ellard said “I’m really looking forward to coming home to where it all started. I’ve always said when myself and my partner decided to move home I would come back to Swans as they provided me a great start to what has been an amazing experience in Melbourne. I’m excited to hear what the club has planned for next year and will look to add experience and leadership to a relatively young list”.

Swan’s President Peter Hodyl highlighted the importance for the club to attract former Swans players as they come out of the AFL system. “Whilst we continue to promote from within and develop our own young local talent, it is vital that when a former Swan’s players time in the AFL is over, then we are the club of choice if they decide to come home”.

Great news mikeh and shows what a quality player and person we will gain in 2017.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98736

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Great news and hopefully a couple more players might follow Dave in coming back home to Basso.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98774

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Hope he doesn't do a Murray Newman.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98786

• Beasley Hutton

Cesspit wrote: Hope he doesn't do a Murray Newman.

I hope not but would be fair to say completely different characters Cesspit.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98788

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It's a real bonus for Swans that the players they have drafted don't often have long or successful AFL careers and return to the club.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98789

• Beasley Hutton
Havent you got some Outer toilets (even named after him) at LeederVile to clean up before our next visit?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Southerner, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98790

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Havent you got some Outer toilets (even named after him) at LeederVile to clean up before our next visit?

Please don't try to derail this topic, we're talking about the possibility of an AFL player returning to Swans to strengthen the side in 2017 not outer toilets

Dave Ellard to return to Swans in 2017 7 years 9 months ago #98791

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Theouterseagull wrote: It's a real bonus for Swans that the players they have drafted don't often have long or successful AFL careers and return to the club.

What happened to Lois Lane? You will probably get Deluca back from Fremantle next season and I hope Fremantle give Yarran more time to get over his injuries because he's a real talent but who knows on that one.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1750 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric