Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98766

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257

Dirty Weekender wrote: Greg Charterhouse I think was his name BH...just mention him because I played a few games of Ammos with him, cheeky fella who was great around the club. Not sure if he played too much footy at SD but he talked it up like he did :P B) :lol:

Hey DW, no Charterhouse's but there was a Greg Councillor that played Two games one in1997 and another in 1998.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98767

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2874

waflfootyfacts wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Greg Charterhouse I think was his name BH...just mention him because I played a few games of Ammos with him, cheeky fella who was great around the club. Not sure if he played too much footy at SD but he talked it up like he did :P B) :lol:

Hey DW, no Charterhouse's but there was a Greg Councillor that played Two games one in1997 and another in 1998.

I remember Greg Councillor's League debut game vs EP at Perth Oval starting on the outer wing opposed to David Wirrpanda (an eagle at EP even before the 1st alignment) and he kicked 2 or 3 goals on him showing electrifying pace in the 1st half. Unfortunately he never went on with his footy. :(

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98770

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Councillor, that's the fella...been 20yrs apologies to Greg for my Alzheimers moment...he could play when he felt like it, that's for sure

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98777

• Beasley Hutton

Dwert wrote: Thanks BH was not aware of that...Bloody good player for the Black Ducks and the Swans back in the day.

He certainly was Dwert I remember a mark he took in his Swans days was an absolute screamer ..Swandog may have a photo of it in his vast collection?

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98778

• Beasley Hutton

waflfootyfacts wrote: This list is from a website I found on a link on foxsports of all aboriginal players that have played WAFL. Looking at it, it looks like it only goes up to 2008

Here the Swans list...noticed it's missing one Troy UGLE so not sure how accurate

Joe AH MAT, Anthony AIKEN, Cameron BENNELL, Ian BENNELL, Peter BONNEY, Travis BRAHIM, Kevin CATON, Morris COPPIN, Greg COUNCILLOR, Clive DAVIS, Robert DAVIS, Yagan DIXON, Kim EADES, Brett FARMER, Cody GARLETT, Jefferey GARLETT, Gary HILL, Neville JETTA, Keith NARKLE, Nathan NARKLE, Phil NARKLE, Liam MCGUIRE, Danny PENNY, Kevin RUNDLE, Garth TAYLOR, Kevin TAYLOR, Gary UMBAGAI*, Michael WALTERS, Peter WARE, Ashley WEDDING, Chris YARRAN.

Since 2008 you can add the following that I can think off.most already mentioned...
Jamie BENNELL, Blaine BOEKHORST*, Charlie CAMERON, Simon DONOVAN, Clinton GARLETT, Dayle GARLETT, Jarrhan JACKY, Brandon JETTA, Graham JETTA, Lewis JETTA, Andrew KRAKOUER, Jesse MANTON, Roderick MANTON, Marlon MOTLOP, Murray NEWMAN, Will SHEA, Aiden SMITH, Kirk UGLE, Warrick WILSON, Nelson ANSEY, Sean FLETCHER*, Albert DEAN

The * I am not sure off.

Clive Davis, 1 game in 1959 would appear to have been the first aboriginal to play league footy for Swans.

This is the page I got list from...

www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-5545-0-0-0&sID=222369

Yeah I saw that list in my research Ric but like you I noticed it was missing a number of players like Troy Ugle :ohmy: , Craig Holden, The Thorne & Pearce brothers, Joe Sara, Alby Smith, Rudy Riddoch, Dylan Nelson, Aidan Anderson and many others plus it was Cary Hill not Gary and according to the SDFC records Gary Umbagai didnt play a League game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98803

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dwert wrote: Thanks BH was not aware of that...Bloody good player for the Black Ducks and the Swans back in the day.

He certainly was Dwert I remember a mark he took in his Swans days was an absolute screamer ..Swandog may have a photo of it in his vast collection?

I will dig around for it once I've moved house, crap everywhere atm
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98809

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Great topic. Plus your research into the matter is terrific.

What about a coach for this great Indigenous side?. The only person who I can think qualifies for this position is Chris Lewis, who in 2007 took over the league coaching role from Steven Turner.

I think Lewis coached 16 league games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, gtrxuone

SDFC Greatest Indigenous Side 7 years 9 months ago #98850

• Beasley Hutton

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Great topic. Plus your research into the matter is terrific.

What about a coach for this great Indigenous side?. The only person who I can think qualifies for this position is Chris Lewis, who in 2007 took over the league coaching role from Steven Turner.

I think Lewis coached 16 league games.

I did think about that JTT but also we cannot forget the wonderful contribution Toddy had on the likes of the Narkle Brothers, Caton, Ahmat, Penny, Ugle, Ware, Holden, Taylor et al footy careers.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 858 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977