Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98495

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Please tell me they at least had bog roll available???

Hanging up on the back of the dunny door mate just under a seductive message- if your looking for a good time in York fellas ring 555..... smudged into the back of the door with what looked like gull droppings! :dry:

Ha Ha
I can have a laugh at that one because after all, winners are grinners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98496

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Overall I was pretty happy with the effort that the guys put in this afternoon. They played really well in the first quarter when they were running hard and creating space. In the 2nd quarter they reverted back to a defensive, short passing game which to be fair could have been because the opposition ramped up the pressure on them. The 3rd quarter was a complete wipe out. We just allowed them to play the way they wanted to with minimal pressure. The boys did respond well in the last quarter and outscored them but I had the feeling Subiaco had put the cue in the rack a bit. Much better that an 80 point loss though, that certainly was a possibility if they hadn't played out the match in the last term.

I hadn't seen them since the Perth game and their effort today was miles better than that. Some of them still are guilty of panic disposals under pressure. Smirk and Burnham were two in particular that I noticed seemed to not execute their skills effectively thus creating turnovers, but the whole team were guilty at various stages of the match of being sloppy and not hitting targets consistently enough.

Our midfield as usual led by Faulkner and Riggio got their hands on the ball a lot today and our defence held up OK apart from the 3rd quarter when the flood gates opened. I was also pleased to see a few more targets up forward today, with Ricky Cary and Tyson Hodge who I think is really promising and should be persisted with. Hodge has a bit of attitude about him which I like. Turner was also very good today despite the hit he got which I think was reported. It was a free kick but don't know if there was much in it really.
Overall some real positives to come out of it given we were playing a top 2 team. They must continue to compete and not fade out of games for whole quarters like they did today.

Mikeh did my bit for the Labor Party today so I couldn't get to the game, How did Burnha go today?

I swear I could hear you bagging Worobec out today from the stands! Lol having said that there was more than giving it to that pathetic disgrace for a maggot.
We went to sleep in the 3rd, which ultimately hurt us outscored 7-1 showed some fight in the last, if only we could do it for 4Q's

SD trust me I was nowhere near Leederville Oval. Thanks to Malcolm Turnbull, he could have at least checked when Swans had the bye when determining the date for the Federal election, I was otherwise engaged.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98542

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Beasley Hutton wrote: I thought it might be worth making comment on the Outer toilets at Leedervile Oval considering some disparaging remarks made about those at Bassendean not long back.
Expecting to walk into the Taj Mahal of Outer dunnies I was left completely disappointed with dirty floors being my 1st welcoming, then followed up by broken urinal flushers, more webs than you would find in Silicon Valley and filthy excretion covered toilets that looked like they hadnt been cleaned since EF last won the flag.
All in all it was in a rather appalling state I must say and that was only at half time of the Colts game.
Hmmm whats that old saying regarding glasshouses or in this instance shithouses? :dry:

Thanks for letting us know about the dunnies BH. I'll be contacting the Town of Vincent Monday to see if something can be done before our next home game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirty Weekender

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98577

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Two reports from Saturdays game, Kitchen for striking Turner and Twomey for an incident with Ricky Cary. I had reasonable views of both of them and I think Kitchen will probably get away with a fine or reprimand if found guilty but Twomey may be in trouble as he appeared to deliberately elbow Cary in the head. It was a very physical game and there seemed to be a bit of spite in it.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98605

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

mikeh wrote: Two reports from Saturdays game, Kitchen for striking Turner and Twomey for an incident with Ricky Cary. I had reasonable views of both of them and I think Kitchen will probably get away with a fine or reprimand if found guilty but Twomey may be in trouble as he appeared to deliberately elbow Cary in the head. It was a very physical game and there seemed to be a bit of spite in it.

I see those 2 dirty Victorian $cumi players got their just desserts at the tribunal with 1 week offered to Kitchin & 2 weeks to Twomey for striking 2 innocent WA born & bred boys.
Obviously the caring WAFL tribunal knew quite wisely a fine would mean absolutely nothing to those 2 money bag$ and has given both some time off to visit the family in Melbourne!! :)

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98608

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

mikeh wrote: Two reports from Saturdays game, Kitchen for striking Turner and Twomey for an incident with Ricky Cary. I had reasonable views of both of them and I think Kitchen will probably get away with a fine or reprimand if found guilty but Twomey may be in trouble as he appeared to deliberately elbow Cary in the head. It was a very physical game and there seemed to be a bit of spite in it.

I see those 2 dirty Victorian $cumi players got their just desserts at the tribunal with 1 week offered to Kitchin & 2 weeks to Twomey for striking 2 innocent WA born & bred boys.
Obviously the caring WAFL tribunal knew quite wisely a fine would mean absolutely nothing to those 2 money bag$ and has given both some time off to visit the family in Melbourne!! :)

Not worried as the win is on the board
Those 2 were due for a break with our famous player management rotation system anyway.
It's fantastic how our success really seems to annoy you as you jump at any chance to get one back at us, it's awesome to see how annoyed we make you.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98609

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grassy wrote: 1st Robinson,then Twomey.

Ricky Cary must be thinking,"Crikey,what tf is goin' on 'ere?Didn't these 2 leave us?I bloody didn't!" :woohoo:

Any Victorian over here on megabuck$ caught striking any poor innocent WA boys should be deported back to Bleak City Grassy! :)

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98621

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Cary is a boy in a boys body...he thought he'd give Twomey a bit of cheek and copped one for it then cried like a baby. If you want to give a seasoned WAFL player a bit of physical stuff then expect to get it back with interest.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98624

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Not bad.

But right now,I'd like to deport another European Upstart in Max Verstaphen out of the Red Bull Formula 1 Team.

Quite clearly,he is getting the superior Car and better Pit Lane changes,than the supposed Number 1 Driver.

Not happy!!!!!! :angry:

Grassy do you have ADD?

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98626

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

BC wrote: Cary is a boy in a boys body...he thought he'd give Twomey a bit of cheek and copped one for it then cried like a baby. If you want to give a seasoned WAFL player a bit of physical stuff then expect to get it back with interest.

No a seasoned WAFL player would give it back to him legally, not with a cheap shot elbow to the head right in front of the umpire which has cost him and his team. Not very clever for a "Seasoned WAFL player"

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 221 guests and 2 members online

• Whitey
  • Big Blue

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog