Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98285

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Where's the WAFC when I need em...declare the surface unsafe and move the game to Sunday anywhere please...then I can attend...hear me footy gods :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98287

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
don't worry DW...Subi plays FART down at Centrelink Park in the second last round of the season...if there's so much as a hint of moisture or uneven surface then Schofield should be on the phone to the WAFC like a seagull on a chip...no offence SS and outer....

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98290

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Weather looks good too so that cold wind won't have so much bite if people are sitting in the sun. Hopefully we can make a game of it.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98291

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

BC wrote: don't worry DW...Subi plays FART down at Centrelink Park in the second last round of the season...if there's so much as a hint of moisture or uneven surface then Schofield should be on the phone to the WAFC like a seagull on a chip...no offence SS and outer....

I hear this fixture is round-up round so bring your weed killer.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98342

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Overall I was pretty happy with the effort that the guys put in this afternoon. They played really well in the first quarter when they were running hard and creating space. In the 2nd quarter they reverted back to a defensive, short passing game which to be fair could have been because the opposition ramped up the pressure on them. The 3rd quarter was a complete wipe out. We just allowed them to play the way they wanted to with minimal pressure. The boys did respond well in the last quarter and outscored them but I had the feeling Subiaco had put the cue in the rack a bit. Much better that an 80 point loss though, that certainly was a possibility if they hadn't played out the match in the last term.

I hadn't seen them since the Perth game and their effort today was miles better than that. Some of them still are guilty of panic disposals under pressure. Smirk and Burnham were two in particular that I noticed seemed to not execute their skills effectively thus creating turnovers, but the whole team were guilty at various stages of the match of being sloppy and not hitting targets consistently enough.

Our midfield as usual led by Faulkner and Riggio got their hands on the ball a lot today and our defence held up OK apart from the 3rd quarter when the flood gates opened. I was also pleased to see a few more targets up forward today, with Ricky Cary and Tyson Hodge who I think is really promising and should be persisted with. Hodge has a bit of attitude about him which I like. Turner was also very good today despite the hit he got which I think was reported. It was a free kick but don't know if there was much in it really.
Overall some real positives to come out of it given we were playing a top 2 team. They must continue to compete and not fade out of games for whole quarters like they did today.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98353

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mikeh wrote: Overall I was pretty happy with the effort that the guys put in this afternoon. They played really well in the first quarter when they were running hard and creating space. In the 2nd quarter they reverted back to a defensive, short passing game which to be fair could have been because the opposition ramped up the pressure on them. The 3rd quarter was a complete wipe out. We just allowed them to play the way they wanted to with minimal pressure. The boys did respond well in the last quarter and outscored them but I had the feeling Subiaco had put the cue in the rack a bit. Much better that an 80 point loss though, that certainly was a possibility if they hadn't played out the match in the last term.

I hadn't seen them since the Perth game and their effort today was miles better than that. Some of them still are guilty of panic disposals under pressure. Smirk and Burnham were two in particular that I noticed seemed to not execute their skills effectively thus creating turnovers, but the whole team were guilty at various stages of the match of being sloppy and not hitting targets consistently enough.

Our midfield as usual led by Faulkner and Riggio got their hands on the ball a lot today and our defence held up OK apart from the 3rd quarter when the flood gates opened. I was also pleased to see a few more targets up forward today, with Ricky Cary and Tyson Hodge who I think is really promising and should be persisted with. Hodge has a bit of attitude about him which I like. Turner was also very good today despite the hit he got which I think was reported. It was a free kick but don't know if there was much in it really.
Overall some real positives to come out of it given we were playing a top 2 team. They must continue to compete and not fade out of games for whole quarters like they did today.

Mikeh did my bit for the Labor Party today so I couldn't get to the game, How did Burnha go today?

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98357

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Overall I was pretty happy with the effort that the guys put in this afternoon. They played really well in the first quarter when they were running hard and creating space. In the 2nd quarter they reverted back to a defensive, short passing game which to be fair could have been because the opposition ramped up the pressure on them. The 3rd quarter was a complete wipe out. We just allowed them to play the way they wanted to with minimal pressure. The boys did respond well in the last quarter and outscored them but I had the feeling Subiaco had put the cue in the rack a bit. Much better that an 80 point loss though, that certainly was a possibility if they hadn't played out the match in the last term.

Mikeh did my bit for the Labor Party today so I couldn't get to the game, How did Burnha go today?

Burnham is a whole hearted player Swan 42 and no one could ever fault his effort but my feeling is that when he gets the ball his skills sometime let him down. A number of times today he either handballed or kicked and it didn't hit its intended target, either at the feet putting his teammate under pressure or over his head. I reckon that Adam Faulkner has improved in his ability to execute his skills and I believe that Jacob has to do the same to stay in the team long term.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98373

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
The last 2 weeks have been an improvement on the previous 11 Mike but we are still a long long way off where we should be at with our senior squad. Faulkner and 42's favourite Burnham have improved as has Yukich & Turner, Hodge also showed some good signs today up forward. Smirk is one that has me completely stumped was playing as a run with earlier in the year but now not and struggling to find the footy with very low possessions for months, how he continually gets a game I have no idea?
At least we continue to give our local zone talent plenty of senior opportunities with 16 (73%) playing today compared to only 9 (40%) from the opposition and 0 Interstaters playing at SD compared to 4 from the foreigners and thats with other Interstaters like Delahunty, Smith & co having a longer mid year sabbatical this season.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98379

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

I swear I could hear you bagging Worobec out today from the stands! Lol having said that there was more than giving it to that pathetic disgrace for a maggot.
We went to sleep in the 3rd, which ultimately hurt us outscored 7-1 showed some fight in the last, if only we could do it for 4Q's
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Swans in the Lions den this Saturday 7 years 9 months ago #98382

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

I swear I could hear you bagging Worobec out today from the stands! Lol having said that there was more than giving it to that pathetic disgrace for a maggot.
We went to sleep in the 3rd, which ultimately hurt us outscored 7-1 showed some fight in the last, if only we could do it for 4Q's

That was 42's echo bellowing all the way from the Belmont City College polling booths mate :P ...hope Mummy Worobec didnt hear the advice he offered her son as he will be in tears when she tucks him into bed tonight!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 476 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes