Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97452

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Is the Kwinana Freeway going to be the Yellow Brick Road or the highway to hell for the Swans boys this weekend? Probably more the AC/DC variety based on this years away "form". I spent some time having a look at this years stats and they make fairly sobering reading. Swans have been relatively competitive for sections of most of their games at Bassendean ( probably excluding the first game against SF where they only kicked two goals and the WA day no show against Perth)
Its when you look at the 4 games they have played away from Basso, things start getting a bit messy for them ( they played an "away" game at Bassendean which is their only win)

The four games at ATOM stadium, Lathlain, Medibank and the Showgrounds have resulted in defeats by 48, 41, 91 and 70 points. Swans in these four games have scored a total of just 27 goals, so just under 7 per game to the oppositions 67 goals or just under 17 per game average. Of the 16 quarters played Swans won only 2 of them and scored 1 goal or less in 7 quarters including 2 scoreless terms.

So what are we hoping for this week faced with another away game ( also another daunting game against Subiaco the week after). Well how could it get any worse? This is the lowest ebb on field I have seen Swans at since the horror year of 2002 when the threat of closure was hanging over the club. At least the off field stuff is under control this time. The only way from here is upward. The club climbed out of that 2002 hole and they can climb out of this one as well.

With any luck the coaches and team have reflected and regrouped somewhat over the break and are determined to at least compete with Peel for as long as they can. Hopefully we can get a few guys back who didn't play on WA day including Cary and perhaps Ugle. I also read somewhere that Nuich is not far away from resuming which is fantastic news for him and the club.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97473

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Similar but different to 02 in my opinion if that makes sense Mike?
Same sort of win/loss ratio but we had been down for a few years in 02, confidence was down, we didnt/couldnt recruit anyone for a few years until the books had been stabilised after yet another financial crisis, no depth Colts & Ressies hadnt played any finals footy for a while either ...whilst this season injuries, illness, absentees started a down slide and with it confidence, skill, attitude, effort etc that we havent been able to stop whatsoever but probably even more alarming has been the lack of fitness/strength compared to the opposition.
I would suggest a change in the attitude & effort starting from this week could well bring an improvement in the other areas well down so far this season!

Swans V Peelmantle 7 years 9 months ago #97476

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
One thing is for sure most of the available squad will be fresh after the double bye and with Peelmantle coming off a hard slog v South in atrocious conditions might give us more of a chance of an even contest, that's all I am hoping for, any more than that is a bonus.
All the bad luck with injuries, illness and unforseen off field issues aside,there are no excuses for any players not to run out keen as mustard because a few would be playing for their future I reckon
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97479

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
And the goodly thing is we took out 3 of the bastards for youse blokes this week - mind you it cost us 2 good players but hey the things we do for the brethren :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Last edit: by Southerner.

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97480

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Peel have been hard hit by injuries to 4 Fremantle players this week, de Boer sounds like his season and AFL career could be over, Tanner Smith, Brady Grey and Ubergang all out. Will probably be Peels weakest line up of the season.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97481

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
If I were the bogans I'd complain about the playing surface and see if it can be moved to a neutral venue...they seem to grow and extra leg at Centrelink Park to match the extra head most of their supporters seem to have grown.

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97484

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
If SD can't win this weekend then not to sure when they will again this year.....BH has got his wish and Peel will have to play a primarily local zone side due to Freo's injury curse....no doubt if Clancee is not picked for Freo, he will pull up lame and miss running out for Peel v SD....as southerner says things folk do for the brethren...

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97488

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Nice to see all the swans fanatics joining in this thread :)
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97501

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Stand corrected on the venue for the match grassy.
You can count on one hand the amount of times Peel have beaten Swans well.And only a few fingers for there big wins at Basso.

Swans V Peel 7 years 9 months ago #97508

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: If SD can't win this weekend then not to sure when they will again this year.....BH has got his wish and Peel will have to play a primarily local zone side due to Freo's injury curse....no doubt if Clancee is not picked for Freo, he will pull up lame and miss running out for Peel v SD....as southerner says things folk do for the brethren...

FYI freeze Stav has been very circumspect in the breaks with our young mids none of the sprays that you Old Easts boys became accustomed too ...maybe the pressure and stress of coaching "the best midfield outside of the AFL" got a bit too much in the end :pinch: ...sounds like Robbie has been a breath of fresh air down at the aquarium!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 646 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020