Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97025

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: Freeze I know you have been away in NZ awhile now but sheesh mate.............. :S
The Australian Football Hall Of Fame began in 1996 to commemorate the supposed 100 years of Australian Football (even tho the WAFL began in 1885 & the SANFL even earlier) :ohmy:
-Billy Walker was inducted into the AFHOF in the inaugural intake in 1996.
-There is a legend inducted from those already in the HOF every 2 years now (none this year) of which only Graham Polly Farmer & Barry Cable of the 26 or so current Legends comes from WA (legend status is the highest honour along same lines as Rugbys Immortals)
-Ray has been inducted into the AFHOF but definitely not as a Legend old mate :blush:
Mate you should be asking the question as an Old Easts man why it has taken Ray 20 years to be inducted into the HOF (Brian Peake was only inducted a couple of years ago as well) whilst inferior players imho from a more modern era have been inducted well before them eg Mark Bickley ....pleeeease!! :blink:

BH I am sure you are aware that there is only one person with legend status, B Robran that had no involvement in the VFL. An absolute disgrace players like Bill Walker are not legends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by swan42.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97028

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
swan42 did you know the reason South Fremantle voted against the VFL expansion.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97029

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gtrxuone wrote: swan42 did you know the reason South Fremantle voted against the VFL expansion.

No I don't. I presume it would have been for the same reason as Swans voted against it. The reason that it would do (and it did) enormous and irreparable damage to the WAFL.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97030

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
DW my Father migrated from Italy in the 1950"s.There was only one side for him West Perth the Garlic Munchers.They where all Cardinal supporters that era of migrants.But it was a thrill to have a drink with a WA footy legend..Just assumed it was a beer but it could of been a Claytons.lol.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97031

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Freeze I know you have been away in NZ awhile now but sheesh mate.............. :S
The Australian Football Hall Of Fame began in 1996 to commemorate the supposed 100 years of Australian Football (even tho the WAFL began in 1885 & the SANFL even earlier) :ohmy:
-There is a legend inducted from those already in the HOF every 2 years now (none this year) of which only Graham Polly Farmer & Barry Cable of the 26 or so current Legends comes from WA (legend status is the highest honour along same lines as Rugbys Immortals)
-Ray has been inducted into the AFHOF but definitely not as a Legend old mate :blush:
Mate you should be asking the question as an Old Easts man why it has taken Ray 20 years to be inducted into the HOF (Brian Peake was only inducted a couple of years ago as well) whilst inferior players imho from a more modern era have been inducted well before them eg Mark Bickley ....pleeeease!! :blink:

BH I am sure you are aware that there is only one person with legend status, B Robran that had no involvement in the VFL. An absolute disgrace.

Yes I was fully aware of that fact 42 as I watch the AFHOF every year on Fox Footy as you well know I have a deep interest in the history of our great game.
Would you really expect the WAFC to be pushing the case for the great man Bill Walker to be inducted as the 27th player to assume Legend status?

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97032

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

BH I am sure you are aware that there is only one person with legend status, B Robran that had no involvement in the VFL. An absolute disgrace.

Yes I was fully aware of that fact 42 as I watch the AFHOF every year on Fox Footy as you well know I have a deep interest in the history of our great game.
Would you really expect the WAFC to be pushing the case for the great man Bill Walker to be inducted as the 27th player to assume Legend status?

Less likely than all Swans' supporters wanting Worobec, Williamson and Shelton to umpire every Swans' games for the next 10 years.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97033

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

gtrxuone wrote: DW my Father migrated from Italy in the 1950"s.There was only one side for him West Perth the Garlic Munchers.They where all Cardinal supporters that era of migrants.But it was a thrill to have a drink with a WA footy legend..Just assumed it was a beer but it could of been a Claytons.lol.

Yeah I met Bill once and was thrilled to have a chat with him about my grandfather of all people 20yrs after he had passed. I was chuffed Bill knew my granddad who used to look after the Bassendean turf many moons ago let alone hearing a few stories about my grandad i'd never heard before from family. Always good to be around the club and talk with some of our old legends when the opportunity arises.

Bill Walker 7 years 9 months ago #97058

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bickley wouldn't tie the shoelaces of the other guys mentioned and that is being generous. Bill should have been a legend with Cable as his record stands up equal to his and a lot of people have told me Walker had Cables measure many times. Walker every bit as good as Bob Skilton they tell me too. The whole thing is a big fat farce
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 444 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Shark Tragic
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync