Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95314

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leedy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 they are very interesting stats but hardly surprising to the Black & White supporters. I overheard 2 commentators remark to Swans officials off air that Swans were getting a 'rough deal' with the umpires and yet I also overheard an Umpires official remark they were doing a 'good job' both at half time. But as I continually post when you have the same bloke running the show for around 15 years on good money and the standards continue to go backwards at alarming speed it is no great surprise in fact you go to the footy knowing full well what we are up against even before taking into account the opposition players!

BH,

I agree you blokes received a raw deal yesterday but your tackling was woeful and contributed to a fair chunk of those frees against. I reckon the reason your on the wrong side of the free kick count is the inexperience in your side, craftier more experienced players such as Scloith, Hams, Bradshaw, Neates, O,Brien and company are seeing your boys as easy pickings!!!

Everyones technique must be crap then because everyone else is saying the same stuff! You were complaining about it after your game v South earlier this year, plus yesterday Faulkie trird the very same drop your knee tactic, got taken high and guess what? No free kick, we just dont get the ride other clubs get, nothing to do with technique. The whole of the AFL are having issues with it too so it is all coming to a head atm
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95337

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Ok, are we saying here that umpires are blatantly cheating against SD? Or just that they are inconsistent due to lack of ability?

DW I am not sure whether you were at the game. The free kick count was 14 - 4 in Claremont's favour in the first half. At least 5 goals Claremont scored in the first half were as a direct result of a free kick or a 50 metre penalty. The 50 metre penalty was supposed due to late contact after a marking contest. At half time the game was virtually done and dusted. In the second half the free kick count was 4 for Claremont and 7 for Swans. In the last quarter Claremont received one free kick for the entire quarter. There were several free kicks not paid to Claremont in the last quarter that were clearly free kicks. Another observation is that the differential in free kicks awarded in the forward line was +11 to Claremont. There were also a couple of occasions when CLEARLY a Swans' player was contacted well after taking a mark yet there was no 50 metre penalty given.

It is difficult to come to any other conclusion than the obvious when it comes to the treatment given to Swans in most league matches this season with respect to frees. As BH mentioned previously it is not just the raw data of how many free kicks, but where and when. Also, the other point to make is how many free kicks are not awarded to Swans, particularly forward of centre, when the game is still to be won.

Last edit: by swan42.

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95351

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Ok, are we saying here that umpires are blatantly cheating against SD? Or just that they are inconsistent due to lack of ability?

DW I am not sure whether you were at the game. The free kick count was 14 - 4 in Claremont's favour in the first half. At least 5 goals Claremont scored in the first half were as a direct result of a free kick or a 50 metre penalty. The 50 metre penalty was supposed due to late contact after a marking contest. At half time the game was virtually done and dusted. In the second half the free kick count was 4 for Claremont and 7 for Swans. In the last quarter Claremont received one free kick for the entire quarter. There were several free kicks not paid to Claremont in the last quarter that were clearly free kicks. Another observation is that the differential in free kicks awarded in the forward line was +11 to Claremont. There were also a couple of occasions when CLEARLY a Swans' player was contacted well after taking a mark yet there was no 50 metre penalty given.

It is difficult to come to any other conclusion than the obvious when it comes to the treatment given to Swans in most league matches this season with respect to frees. As BH mentioned previously it is not just the raw data of how many free kicks, but where and when. Also, the other point to make is how many free kicks are not awarded to Swans, particularly forward of centre, when the game is still to be won.

Consistency is all we want and we haven't had that in years! As our Pres told me and BH earlier this year "Those at the commission just don't like Swans" Politics filters all the way down
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95358

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Consistency is all we want and we haven't had that in years! As our Pres told me and BH earlier this year "Those at the commission just don't like Swans" Politics filters all the way down

You're kidding right? You're in the top half for free kicks and have gotten away with basically a slap on the wrist after all your salary cap and player points scandals. The WAFL loves Swans

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95361

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Yeah TOSG but SD are dead last in WHERE and WHEN the free kicks are getting won mate!.....I hope 42 can down load his free kick indicator on to Oz footy so we can understand SD weekly plight.....hope it has circles and arrows to highlight exactly where the umps are going wrong......good to see SD prez is taking the time and chatting with the fans about this ump conspiracy as well.....

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95364

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: Yeah TOSG but SD are dead last in WHERE and WHEN the free kicks are getting won mate!.....I hope 42 can down load his free kick indicator on to Oz footy so we can understand SD weekly plight.....hope it has circles and arrows to highlight exactly where the umps are going wrong......good to see SD prez is taking the time and chatting with the fans about this ump conspiracy as well.....

Freezin the lack of free kicks awarded to CLAREMONT in the last quarter was SO OBVIOUS; it lacked any degree of finesse or subtlety.

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95372

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
So how did Cl outscore SD 6.3 to 2.1 then if they werent winning any free kicks?.....first to the footy or playing in front perhaps helps......and why couldnt SD replicate that feat when they had the first 3 quarters to do so winning no free kicks.....SD should of been 18 goals at 3/4 time then.....wish EF could kick 6 goals in a quarter without the aid of the umps......

Last edit: by Freezin.

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95439

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: So how did Cl outscore SD 6.3 to 2.1 then if they werent winning any free kicks?.....first to the footy or playing in front perhaps helps......and why couldnt SD replicate that feat when they had the first 3 quarters to do so winning no free kicks.....SD should of been 18 goals at 3/4 time then.....wish EF could kick 6 goals in a quarter without the aid of the umps......

Next rhetorical question freezin?

Last edit: by swan42.

Free kick statistics Claremont vs Swan Districts 7 years 9 months ago #95470

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
42 any neutral comment on this thread is a rhetorical question mate :lol: .....if it isn't pro black n white, then apparently it's classified as trolling B.S.....your silence is golden though when asked to explain why Cl kicked 6 goals in one quarter with no help from the umps, yet SD could only kick 5 in 3 quarters of the umps ignoring them....but hey I have picked SD to right themselves this Monday v Perth.....regardless of how much love the umps will give you v Perth :P

Last edit: by Freezin.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 351 guests and one member online

• DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma