Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 10 months ago #95066

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2872
I think Mike is away at the moment so I will get the ball rolling with this weeks game thread.
Dont forget the game is on this Sunday with the League on at 12.10 as it is the TV game (yes another bullshit early start on a Sunday for this apparently according to some "great TV deal" to appease 7).
Boys take advantage of another week where our game day thread shouldnt be destroyed with the serial troll's suspension due to finish on the 31st!
Many changes to the side this week after last weeks fadeout?, lets hope Rudy gets another crack after some encouraging signs last week which could have been even more damaging if "our friends in green" hadnt missed some blatantly obvious free kicks to everyone bar them he thoroughly deserved! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 10 months ago #95072

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Greg Harding was interviewed by Karl Langdon + Luke Mcpharlen last night on radio.Greg spoke about the departures from the club.Injuries to key position players.And about the large number of teenagers that have been thrown into the deep end at league level.Also very proud to have 3 players in the State squad,Tony Nott,Justin Simpson and Matt Riggio.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 10 months ago #95074

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Chance of some much needed points here for Swans

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 10 months ago #95078

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I would be surprised if there are too many changes this week because of the improved performance last week.
The Showgrounds have not been happy for us in terms of victories even when Swans have been finals contenders in previous years so I would think that we may struggle to get a result on Sunday.

Especially given that Claremont are really on their last chance to keep in touch with the top 5 and they will be motivated to overturn the result at Bassendean a month ago. I am far more hopeful that our 2nd win might happen v Perth at Bassendean on WA day.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95208

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was away on the weekend so I wasn't able to get to the game today. Sounds like a significant backwards step after an improvement against South last week. To be beaten by 80 points by a team that had only won two out of 9 games up to today was quite frankly disgraceful and I look forward to the observations of the Swans fans who were at the game as to whether the team actually put any effort in today at all. The scoreboard does not indicate this.
A very disappointing day for the club with reserves and colts also being soundly beaten

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95213

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
And no radio description of this match neither!!!
Makes for bleak reading Michael, for the Swans people.
Had a total of 15 scoring shots and Claremont had 30.
Swans did 44.2 Disposals / Goal and only had 9.6% of their Disposals Inside the 50 M arc. And the attack rate of 16%, whilst Claremont's attack rate came out to 33%.

Given the weather being fine and sunny this morning and no rain or wind this afternoon, can only hope there being a good attendance.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95218

• Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2872

mikeh wrote: I was away on the weekend so I wasn't able to get to the game today. Sounds like a significant backwards step after an improvement against South last week. To be beaten by 80 points by a team that had only won two out of 9 games up to today was quite frankly disgraceful and I look forward to the observations of the Swans fans who were at the game as to whether the team actually put any effort in today at all. The scoreboard does not indicate this.
A very disappointing day for the club with reserves and colts also being soundly beaten

I was there today Mike and to be honest I didnt think other than the 2nd qtr last week there was any improvement from any of the other rubbish served up this year today was just a mirror image of all the other mistake ridden, non work ethic, lack of skill of every other match. In fact I have not seen one iota of improvement in any 1 of our senior squad of players from last season (not including Logue who is really a Colts boy) which is an incredible thing to post but sadly all to true actually all have gone backwards at a rate of knots. If anyone believes otherwise feel free to post?

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95227

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349
BH you and other Swans supporters should be bouyed by Harding's comment I heard earlier in the week saying he'd "be disappointed if we didn't get a win over Perth on our home ground". So looks like you've got something to look forward to this week.
Get on your bike.

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95228

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
BH I agreed with your post wholeheartedly regarding no improvement in our entire league squad from last year with the Logue exempt being that he was a colt last year.

Last edit: by OzFooty. Reason: Restored previously deleted post

Swan Districts vs Claremont @Claremont Showgrounds 7 years 9 months ago #95230

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: BH you and other Swans supporters should be bouyed by Harding's comment I heard earlier in the week saying he'd "be disappointed if we didn't get a win over Perth on our home ground". So looks like you've got something to look forward to this week.

Not the way we are playing at the moment DD. It was only 4 weeks ago that Perth proved they were a 6 goal better team than Swans and I tthink that the black ducks have gone even further backwards since that day.

Last edit: by mikeh.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 425 guests and one member online

• Froggy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977