Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93770

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: I watched Swans on TV last weekend, whilst it was awful viewing I saw enough to think you had some hope for the future. Many of your better players look sadly out of touch though. By big I meant the likes of Riddoch, Ansey and Rogers. Hit a couple of our boys hard and they will throw the towel in very quickly. On our coach I believe he is a man of outstanding character, can he coach will be proven in the medium term. At our AGM he professed his love for South Freo so I did wonder if this guy gets what the club is about.

LB my question re the East Perth coach was focused on whether his coaching aims were towards maximising the wins for his team or to the aims of his masters at the West Coast Eagles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93772

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
I can't answer with certainty, but I have an opinion. We are coached to play the WCE game plan for the benefit of their players. Up until recently that seemed to be a good move. My opinion is it's not EP and many of our players are not athletic or skilful enough to apply it at full throttle. As far as winning I think every footy club wants to win even under 9's. But I have seen protection mode come in anytime an AFL player has a slight injury. Even when those players want to continue they are benched.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93775

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Larry Bird wrote: Wulffy is respected by all at the club Senior and that very much extends to the AFL players. His words would no doubt carry weight. I believe the loss of Lee has hurt our team greatly. We found three wins mainly off the work of Mcginnity and Hutchings etc in the middle. We lost those two for the EF game which left us knackered. We can't recruit so we are at the mercy of AFL selection. Our mid tier has left to play mainly reserves at other clubs, the cupboard is a little bare in terms of league ready reserves.

Even though your ressies sit on top of the ladder? There must be a few capable of playing up a level.

I do get what you say about the protection mode. When the AFL players were scattered around the WAFL clubs that rarely happened.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93777

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Yes Senior our reserves have been going very well. Each week they are topped up with three or four AFL players too. Our better kids are not on ballers with the exception of Tom Omodei.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93825

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Great to see Ricky Cary and Alby Dean back, definitely an improvement with those two guys in. Banfield will add experience as well. Unfortunately Lewis Jetta has been dropped by the Eagles so will come up against his brother.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93836

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

mikeh wrote: Great to see Ricky Cary and Alby Dean back, definitely an improvement with those two guys in. Banfield will add experience as well. Unfortunately Lewis Jetta has been dropped by the Eagles so will come up against his brother.

Maybe play Jetta on Jetta
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93947

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well done to the ressies for a magnificent comeback win. From 6 goals down at quarter time to a runaway win. Jukes responded well to his omission and Rudy with a 22 possession 4 goal game just can't be left out of the league team any longer. Great to have some selection pressure despite all the injuries

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93949

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: Well done to the ressies for a magnificent comeback win. From 6 goals down at quarter time to a runaway win. Jukes responded well to his omission and Rudy with a 22 possession 4 goal game just can't be left out of the league team any longer. Great to have some selection pressure despite all the injuries

Will be watching selection next week regarding Rudy mikeh, as we all keep saying his omission doesn't make sense unless it's injury related

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93954

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I am away in the country this weekend working. Looks like I picked a good weekend to do it. We have indeed hit a low ebb. Will be interested to read the comments of the supporters who witnessed that. I will say though that the club really has to hold its nerve during these dark times and recognise that some good young players are being blooded this year. The time to assess the progress of the team will be at the end of the season. Hopefully the club is not tempted into a knee jerk reaction because of results like this.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93956

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well done to Swans today with a good spread of goal kickers.
3 individual goal scorers.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 292 guests and 2 members online

• Blackduck
  • Roo

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog