Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93719

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
This years version of East Perth is the least committed I have ever seen. An absolute reflection of the Eagles lack of willingness to play hard football. I have travelled to the football for decades knowing my club was often the toughest if rarely the best. I must admit I don't look forward to the games anymore. The Wheels have fallen off this competition the crowds reflect the product which is shocking at times. Swans only have to turn up and pick their biggest side to beat this mob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93721

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Larry Bird wrote: This years version of East Perth is the least committed I have ever seen. An absolute reflection of the Eagles lack of willingness to play hard football. I have travelled to the football for decades knowing my club was often the toughest if rarely the best. I must admit I don't look forward to the games anymore. The Wheels have fallen off this competition the crowds reflect the product which is shocking at times. Swans only have to turn up and pick their biggest side to beat this mob.

Larry, you obviously haven't seen our mob play this year....uninterested is how I'd define what I've witnessed so far.

good to see you are still about on this site for what its worth

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93722

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Larry Bird wrote: This years version of East Perth is the least committed I have ever seen. An absolute reflection of the Eagles lack of willingness to play hard football. I have travelled to the football for decades knowing my club was often the toughest if rarely the best. I must admit I don't look forward to the games anymore. The Wheels have fallen off this competition the crowds reflect the product which is shocking at times. Swans only have to turn up and pick their biggest side to beat this mob.

LB and perhaps Grump might have a comment about why. Obviously, it has a lot to do with the host club alignment; but has it been exacerbated by the current East Perth coach whose master may not be the East Perth Football Club?

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93726

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Larry we don't have many if any bigs left to pick with Blakely, Cary, Blight, Nuich, Yukich, Hodge et al injured & Logue to State 18s?

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93751

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I watched Swans on TV last weekend, whilst it was awful viewing I saw enough to think you had some hope for the future. Many of your better players look sadly out of touch though. By big I meant the likes of Riddoch, Ansey and Rogers. Hit a couple of our boys hard and they will throw the towel in very quickly. On our coach I believe he is a man of outstanding character, can he coach will be proven in the medium term. At our AGM he professed his love for South Freo so I did wonder if this guy gets what the club is about.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93753

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

Larry Bird wrote: I watched Swans on TV last weekend, whilst it was awful viewing I saw enough to think you had some hope for the future. Many of your better players look sadly out of touch though. By big I meant the likes of Riddoch, Ansey and Rogers. Hit a couple of our boys hard and they will throw the towel in very quickly. On our coach I believe he is a man of outstanding character, can he coach will be proven in the medium term. At our AGM he professed his love for South Freo so I did wonder if this guy gets what the club is about.

LB I thought there may have been an attitude change after Wolfy gave his team mates an almighty and deserved shellacking in the media, it seemed to work with a few wins on the trot but they seemed to have returned to their old ways last week. As the true WAFL man you are I do sympathise.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93761

• one time only
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I wonder what Le Victim would have thought of this week's match. He always liked the SD v EP clashes.

We haven't heard from him for a while.

BTW, while I am on here, can anyone please tell me the correct meanings of what WART & FART stand for?

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93765

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

one time only wrote: I wonder what Le Victim would have thought of this week's match. He always liked the SD v EP clashes.

BTW, while I am on here, can anyone please tell me the correct meanings of what WART & FART stand for?

FART- Fremantle Aligned Reserves Team
WART- Weagles Aligned Reserves Team

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93766

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

one time only wrote: I wonder what Le Victim would have thought of this week's match. He always liked the SD v EP clashes.

West Coast Eagles reserves team and Fremantle Dockers Reserves team.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 11 months ago #93768

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wulffy is respected by all at the club Senior and that very much extends to the AFL players. His words would no doubt carry weight. I believe the loss of Lee has hurt our team greatly. We found three wins mainly off the work of Mcginnity and Hutchings etc in the middle. We lost those two for the EF game which left us knackered. We can't recruit so we are at the mercy of AFL selection. Our mid tier has left to play mainly reserves at other clubs, the cupboard is a little bare in terms of league ready reserves.

Last edit: by Larry Bird.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 379 guests and 4 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes