Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93638

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
As last week demonstrated that Swans are currently the worst team in the WAFL by some distance, do we have any hope of beating the Eagles reserves this week? Probably not unless Swans play out of their skins and East Perth go poorly.

Given that, I would like to see Swans get away from the boring damage limitation football they have been playing all season and try and take the game on and start getting some enjoyment and enthusiasm back into the group. It may lead to some ugly scoreboards in the short term but I think it is vital to get some energy back into the team. The youngsters who have come in have highlighted by their willingness to take on the game how the rest of the team has slipped into a state of inertia.

I think Harding has been trying to change it up by, for example, putting Howard into the forward line but he needs to take some more risks and put our experienced players into the thick of the action. How about running guys like Ames and Simpson through the middle, give Jetta a licence to roam and bring in Jack Watson to provide cover down back. Alby has got to come back this week, he should never have been dropped in the first place. Banfield is another experienced player who they could use and should be promoted after a couple of ressies games. He could be worth a couple of extra goals.

Rudy I have banged on about enough but he obviously isn't fit enough still according to the selection panel, otherwise he would walk into this side. How about giving some of the ex East Perth boys a bit of a chance against their old team, Slater, Kalimaris and Witjk would no doubt be keen to perform well against them.

Whatever decisions are made, it won't make the team any worse than they were last week. You never know it may improve their game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93642

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
That memorable win last year over East Perth.The only time we have beaten the East Perth/Eagles Alignment side.2000,-01-02-14-2015..This appears to be a total mismatch this time around..A lots changed this season but i still believe if WP had of won the last home and away game V Claremont.Swans would of made the finals on a high and beaten East Perth 1st week of the Finals.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93644

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

gtrxuone wrote: That memorable win last year over East Perth.The only time we have beaten the East Perth/Eagles Alignment side.2000,-01-02-14-2015..This appears to be a total mismatch this time around..A lots changed this season but i still believe if WP had of won the last home and away game V Claremont.Swans would of made the finals on a high and beaten East Perth 1st week of the Finals.

Tough to win there even at the best of times though. Our last victory against East Perth at Medibank stadium was the "Luke Adams" match in May 2011. I'll never forget after the game the players acknowledged Lukes family who were in the stand. At that stage it was still unclear whether or not he would recover from his injuries

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93645

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mike
Do you remember that belter of a game at Leederville few years back now.In the last qtr Tim Geappon took Wullfy out with that ripper shirt front.2014 from memory about 5,000 crowd there Saturday arvo match no Eagles of Dockers game that day.Swans v Ep do pull good crowds when both sides are up and about.
Only found out the other day that the brother of Luke is the West Perth now Western Bulldogs player Marcus.Great Footy family.

Last edit: by gtrxuone. Reason: missed line

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93646

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2872

gtrxuone wrote: Mike
Do you remember that belter of a game at Leederville few years back now.In the last qtr Tim Geappon took Wullfy out with that ripper shirt front.2014 from memory about 5,000 crowd there Saturday arvo match no Eagles of Dockers game that day.Swans v Ep do pull good crowds when both sides are up and about.
Only found out the other day that the brother of Luke is the West Perth now Western Bulldogs player Marcus.Great Footy family.

Marcus like Luke played League footy for us too GTR.
There was also 4000 at Basso in a SD vs EP match last year when fecken Darling played his 1 and only ever game for them! :angry:
Some of my favourite memories as a kid were the SD vs EP games in the early 80s massive crowds at both Perth Oval & Basso.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93654

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great matches the Swans V EP games.2010 prelim another great day.
Was at the function last year at the Swans V Ep match.That was also a good game between these two sides.Jack Darling yair remember that..
2013 ist semi at at Basso another great crowd and great game of footy also.

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93656

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Enough of the Reminiscing. WART are going to take to us like a Rottweiler with a rag doll and spit us out 20 goals later ...

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93657

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thats why all the reminiscing Shiny Duck.Its not going to be pretty.Dont want to even think about it.lol

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93660

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
;) I was just off daydreaming about the Krakouer Cup 2010 GF :)

Swans V East Perth @ Leederville 7 years 10 months ago #93688

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

ShinyDuck wrote: Enough of the Reminiscing. WART are going to take to us like a Rottweiler with a rag doll and spit us out 20 goals later ...

Shiny, do you remember me telling you the story of David and Goliath?
The only difference there being that your players won't be allowed to take slingshots onto the ground.

Last edit: by one time only .
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 280 guests and 5 members online

• pjaye
  • Demons Forever
  • GarlicBreath
  • Whinnen
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits