Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #92967

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
First of a three game play off for the wooden spoon one suspects. Neither team has any right to go into this game with much confidence at all. Swans have been competitive in most of their matches at Bassendean apart from that awful game against South. Perth have been competitive in their Matches at Lathlain apart from that awful game against South.

There is an extra air of uncertainty about Swans this week revolving around the rumoured departure of Aaron Elari and what impact this could potentially have on the rest of the players. I suppose the question in my mind is whether Aarons apparent departure is a lone act or symptomatic of a more general discontent amongst the players.

From my viewing there seems to be a real lack of enjoyment amongst the group this year and this is manifesting itself in a boring, defensive, mistake riddled brand of footy which involves a lot of kicking the ball in the back half and a lack of energy to push forward. Griffin Logue, the debutant, showed many of team mates up a few weeks ago with his enthusiasm and willingness to take the game on.

So I think we are there for the taking by Perth, its just a matter of whether they can lift themselves out of their own bubble of inadequacy. It actually could be quite a decent game if both sides are up for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #92973

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Is going to be an interesting match this one. Have noticed some similar numbers between the 2 clubs thus far.
Ball Disposals Inside the 50M- Swans currently have 206 and Perth 249.
Swans have scored 48 goals so far, whereas Perth currently have 45.
A total of 91 scoring shots currently for Swans, whilst Perth have 107.
And the Tackle count between the two teams sees a difference of only 3.
Currently Perth are averaging 21.2% offence rate at Home games and Swans are running an average of 23% offence rate for Away games.
The teams seem similar and could we see a drawn match here?

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93008

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What a pity this match has no radio broadcast!

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93010

• ShinyDuck
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

westaussieguy wrote: What a pity this match has no radio broadcast!

Well put the tv coverage on and don't look at the screen if you just want to listen to the game.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93027

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

westaussieguy wrote: What a pity this match has no radio broadcast!

Why is that?.....2 weakest teams of the comp at present, pretty sure the SD fans would of said the same about the EF v Perth games last year......a game of little consequence between two sides struggling with form......be interested to see how many folk actually turn up TBH........SD should win though because they have a meaner defence.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93032

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Weather forecast for Saturdays matches looking on the bleak side. Thunderstorms and rain forecast before noon for the metro area. A twenty degree maximum temperature predicted. With southerly winds.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93040

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Sawns have had some amazing wins over Perth in the last few years.Games that Perth have controlled for large periods in thoes matches.Currently Swans are only a shadow of the side of the last 5 years.Perth are a lot better on paper but onfield performances havnt changed much.The Demons for me at home,hope SD fight the game out.

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93045

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

gtrxuone wrote: Sawns have had some amazing wins over Perth in the last few years.Games that Perth have controlled for large periods in thoes matches.Currently Swans are only a shadow of the side of the last 5 years.Perth are a lot better on paper but onfield performances havnt changed much.The Demons for me at home,hope SD fight the game out.

Don't worry Perth have just as many issues if not more than we do mate, insiders have told me despite outside reports etc the SD boys are up and about and very keen to build a platform for the future by blooding many many more of our talented youngsters and these weak as piss players that jump ship are actually making room for more talented players that are going to be the future of Swans. Swans by 6 goals
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93046

• waflfootyfacts
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 257
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Swans v Perth at Lathlain 7 years 11 months ago #93047

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

waflfootyfacts wrote: My preview...

waflfootyfacts.net/previewspvsd.php

Ripper mate, looks like we are on the same page, you have a 33 pts margin, I said 6 gls..TBH I would be happy with 1pts at this stage! :lol: :P
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 312 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977