Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92847

• Mad Dog
  • Mad Dog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Heard over the weekend that Elari has walked out and is headed to Lancelin. Seeing as though we won't be playing finals its a good opportunity to clear the decks of anyone who doesn't want to commit and pump games into the young blokes from the reserves and colts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92848

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mad Dog wrote: Heard over the weekend that Elari has walked out and is headed to Lancelin. Seeing as though we won't be playing finals its a good opportunity to clear the decks of anyone who doesn't want to commit and pump games into the young blokes from the reserves and colts.

MD it would be very disappointing if we lose Elari permanently. Whilst he has been down on form this year; since he has moved to Swans he has played many, many good games for us. Certainly last week when he was moved onto the ball he looked and performed better than when he was deep in our forward line.

The solution to our current position is not to have a massive clean out of all our experienced players.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92851

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

swan42 wrote:

Mad Dog wrote: Heard over the weekend that Elari has walked out and is headed to Lancelin. Seeing as though we won't be playing finals its a good opportunity to clear the decks of anyone who doesn't want to commit and pump games into the young blokes from the reserves and colts.

MD it would be very disappointing if we lose Elari permanently. Whilst he has been down on form this year; since he has moved to Swans he has played many, many good games for us. Certainly last week when he was moved onto the ball he looked and performed better than when he was deep in our forward line.

The solution to our current position is not to have a massive clean out of all our experienced players.

Definitely not but no point giving games to blokes who don't want to be there mate! May as well find out if some of these kids can play because if not given an opportunity they'll probsbly leave too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Custodian

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92858

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Interesting Elari has decided to walk out before playing against his old mob Perth this week. Further evidence that something is on the nose around this team at the moment.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92861

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
I must admit that this year I have observed a change in the way he has played and I put it down to a loss of confidence but maybe he just didn't want to be there. Its a real concern how many talented players are walking out of the club and I am wondering if there are some issues between players and the coaching staff.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92870

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Guess he'll be at $ubi next year then

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92871

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

Mad Dog wrote: Heard over the weekend that Elari has walked out and is headed to Lancelin.

Didn't he originally come from up that way somewhere or other?
Hard to believe he's simply packed up and walked out of Swans being early in the season? Why not wait till seasons end?

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92879

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
If Elari has gone, watch out because his mate Rogers will be right behind him.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92886

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Only what I've been told by someone who has spoken with his team mates.

Aaron Elari 7 years 11 months ago #92887

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
I was very disappointed when Aaron left the Dees. I understand that he wasn't happy with Damien McMahon but I thought he should knuckle down and get on with it. I know Ali Smith and Matt Rogers didn't like him either and lets not forget Duffy but hey maybe if they all stayed with the Dees and under Damien things may have turned out differently for them all.

To now leave a club under what would seem to an outsider to be a totally different sort of person and coach, at round 4 leaves the question of Aarons ability to put up with coaches up in the air.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 296 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes