Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 8 years 1 hour ago #91710

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Big game for both teams this Saturday. Opportunity for the winner to keep in touch with the top 5. For the loser it's a long way back from 1 - 5. West Perth have had a shocking run with injuries to key players and many of them are long term as well but I am still cautious about under rating any team that runs out in Red and Blue especially thinking about the burning disappointment of them pinching that game at Joondalup last year in the time on period of the last quarter.

For Swans there would have to be some doubt about Blight if he hasn't been ruled out already. Cary looked very sore after being crunched by Twomey late in the game so he may also struggle to come up. If Ricky is not fit, Nuich would be the obvious replacement but he has been out as well. Failing Nuich it may be the time to throw Dylan Smith into the fray and see how he goes.

Two understrength teams with plenty to play for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 8 years 1 hour ago #91713

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Should be a beauty mate - time for Rudy to come back in for that grunt factor

Swans by 12 points

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 8 years 53 minutes ago #91714

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Southerner wrote: Should be a beauty mate - time for Rudy to come back in for that grunt factor

Swans by 12 points

Geez Southo can ya give us a bit more than 12 pts!? I wanna be able to sit back and relax in the ladt Q for once and enjoy the spoils of a win :P

In all seriousness the Garlics were impressive at times last Sat but in the end superior AFLfitness and experience won out. They were in the game for a fair chunk and have been crippled by a massive injury list too. We have had our fair share of bad luck which shouldnt be forgotten so Saturday is a game between two unlucky clubs atm
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 8 years 48 minutes ago #91715

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
Haaaaaaaaaa :lol: brother I'll have Wing , Leeds & co flogging me as it is I think hahaha

Fair bit to play for in this one , and really it's still only 4 points away from 3rd for either side

Back in finals contention for the winner

Again it should be a bewdy

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 8 years 33 minutes ago #91717

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Southerner wrote: Haaaaaaaaaa :lol: brother I'll have Wing , Leeds & co flogging me as it is I think hahaha

Fair bit to play for in this one , and really it's still only 4 points away from 3rd for either side

Well I`ll be sitting right next to Leedy on Saturday so sparks could fly hahaha :lol:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 7 years 11 months ago #91738

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
Like WP we have a long list of injured/absent players at the moment as well.
Off the top of my head this season we have had the likes of Taylor, Blakely, Fletcher, Simpson, Daniels, Banfield, Grescos out for the season or decent stretches of time then add young key position boys Hodge, Erceg, Kohlmann being out and then Nuich, Blight, Cary & Hackett in the last week or so added to the injury list. Added to that list we have the absentees boys in Newman & Anderson plus Nelson & Ridley its a fair chunk of our League squad list unavailable in the early part of the season which has meant that 34 players have already been used at League level in only 5 games so far this season and I wouldn't be surprised if that number was added to on Saturday.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 7 years 11 months ago #91750

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Like WP we have a long list of injured/absent players at the moment as well.
Off the top of my head this season we have had the likes of Taylor, Blakely, Fletcher, Simpson, Daniels, Banfield, Grescos out for the season or decent stretches of time then add young key position boys Hodge, Erceg, Kohlmann being out and then Nuich, Blight, Cary & Hackett in the last week or so added to the injury list. Added to that list we have the absentees boys in Newman & Anderson plus Nelson & Ridley its a fair chunk of our League squad list unavailable in the early part of the season which has meant that 34 players have already been used at League level in only 5 games so far this season and I wouldn't be surprised if that number was added to on Saturday.

BH,

If you can't beat us this Saturday, you will struggle to win another game, we are more of a lay down mazere than playing Perth atm :)

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 7 years 11 months ago #91751

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11

Swandog wrote:

Southerner wrote: Haaaaaaaaaa :lol: brother I'll have Wing , Leeds & co flogging me as it is I think hahaha

Well I`ll be sitting right next to Leedy on Saturday so sparks could fly hahaha :lol:

what giving each other wristies I bet

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 7 years 11 months ago #91758

• Mad Dog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Nuich won't be recalled. Has a health issue that is hopefully cleared up pretty quickly and doubt any risks will be taken.

Swans v West Perth at Bassendean 7 years 11 months ago #91759

• JD62
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9

Mad Dog wrote: Nuich won't be recalled. Has a health issue that is hopefully cleared up pretty quickly and doubt any risks will be taken.

Not a Swans supporter but wish him all the best. Bad enough when it happens to someone my age but someone so young shouldn't go through what he has.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 235 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977