Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6428

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
loosest use of the term 'greatest' I have ever seen BH....sort of on par with NZ greatest T20 ever win v England last night in the cricket!! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6434

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
With 40k still up our sleeves to move in the salary cap we should be in a reasonable position to "entertain" J Mac when his contract runs out at Williamstown freeze ..especially seeing as tho apparently according to your impeccable South Island sources we missed out on Juppy!! :whistle:

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6436

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
EFFC sources BH.....ask around at SDFC and you might find I'm not...or my source is not... too far off the money...but hey not many folk own up to rejection, so I guess asking around those in the know at SDFC may be pointless exercise......

you go for Jamie Mac mate.....I don't see much in terms of talent in SD local midfield boys anyway.....if you got the money than use it I say.....no point investing it within, when there aint much on offer....go outside and buy in I say!

Last edit: by Freezin.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6437

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
I was thinking the same thing when McGough, Stevens and R.O'Brien tore us to shreds in the prelim final, our local lads just are not up to it.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6439

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
ha ha you forgot young Sutcliffe as well Mark ;) .....though I do think the exploits of Roach, Hildebrandt, Motlop, Davis (5 goals) and leading possesion getter on the day in Lachie Neale, did their up most to keep SD in the game for as long as possible.

Out of interest Mark, who won the best first year award in the WAFL budget last year...some youngster from EP and some midfield youngster from EF....Sean?...something....though the memory of the day is fading fast.....must be my alzheimers mate...or perhaps my over indulgence at the SD can bar.....

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6440

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
one thing is for sure, your WAFL knowledge is way above anyone else on this board..your posts on each clubs forum indicate a wealth of knowledge that is amazing due to how many games you see a year.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6441

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: I was thinking the same thing when McGough, Stevens and R.O'Brien tore us to shreds in the prelim final, our local lads just are not up to it.

Stevens won't be tearing anyone to shreds in the WAFL this year, he will leave a big hole in the EF midfield.

I see Swans on the other hand as having potentially the best midfield in the comp this year if Brett Robinson can regain his form of a few years ago along with Travis Casserly who copped possibly the harshest penalty i have ever heard of in sport, 2 years for popping a couple of Sudafed. Then despite losing Roberts to retirement there is also Hilderbrandt, Riggio, Roach, Davis and Perth recruits Elari and Rogers who are two proven hard nuts. Those two will become fan favourites very quickly the way they go about it. Then throw in half a dozen Garletts and Jetta's that just seem to roll off the conveyor belt every year up there and I think your midfield is looking very strong.

The big ?? mark is can you cover the loss of Hansen? Geappen seems to work best when he is second fiddle rather than the main man and Tony Notte hasn't really lived up to his potential. Where do Swans fans see their goals coming from this year without Hansen? I think your midfield is capable of providing plenty but having a reliable spearhead is also pretty important.

Have you signed up Ryan Murphy or was that just a rumour?

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6444

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
they approached Murphy but couldnt afford what he was asking..

Notte was actually ok last year but must be the only Italian that cant put on weight so is always better when Hansen was playing and getting the 2nd or 3rd defender.

Swans wont be able to cover Hansen, will have to play a different game style in moving the ball forward.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6446

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874
DD no doubt players of Hansens ability are hard to replace but we have had plenty of practice playing without him on the park with his suspect hamstrings restricting him to only half of our matches last year as you well know! ;)
Notte has played everywhere but his preferred position of FF in our League team over the years with Hansen, Geappen, Yarran et al playing in that role so it will good to see how he goes there if given the opportunity this season.

Swans head in right Financial Direction 11 years 2 months ago #6449

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: one thing is for sure, your WAFL knowledge is way above anyone else on this board..your posts on each clubs forum indicate a wealth of knowledge that is amazing due to how many games you see a year.

tut tut Mark.....it's quality not quantity mate.....you should know that?....unless you are my wife, I'm not too sure how you know how many games I attend each year....anyway it's not what you see, it's who you know, who sees it for you Mark!! :whistle:

but hand on heart Markie Mark, by living in the land of the longest, whitest, cloudiest cloud you will ever wish to see in 2013, I admit I will be attending fewer WAFL games this year compared to previous years......but 21st century technology is a wonderful thing, so I'll endeavour to keep you informed each footy weekend of my whereabouts mate!

Also that young EF midfielder I was referring to Mark, was Sean Henson....but hey I haven't got a clue what he looks like, just know he did quite well last year running thru EF midfield, especially in that prelim final v SDFC....

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 522 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes