Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2591

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Freezin wrote: thing is 58, I only come here because SD or 42 has posted something bizarre which 'deserves' a response....or I'm having the banter with 27, who knows this is all a piss take and doesn't take my responses literally and thankfully to heart.

SDFC is a great footy club who have produced many a WAFL champion...just don't think Roberts is one of them....fantastic team leader, hard at it sort yes.....but hey I think I've already made my obsession pretty clear already without having to repeat myself!!

but hey I think I've already made my obsession pretty clear already without having to repeat myself!!

Thank fark for that!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2592

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
yeah fair point underdog..... terms like average, outstanding, champion are all pretty much of a much and all the same come end of the day.....

Underdog...I thought a public forum facilitated debate....no matter how important or how trivial....banter is the cornerstone of footy, without it forums like this would be dead.....

I do love your clever usage of language though....especially that line
'small over emphasis of the quality of his career'....love your work underdog....you old snake in the grass!!

Last edit: by Freezin.

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2613

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Underdog wrote:

Freezin wrote: interesting to see underdog refer to Roberts as an 'outstanding' player in the WAFL....not a champion but outstanding....no different to what BC and I are saying.....so yeah underdog....well said mate...well said!! ;)

Those terms are not mutually exclusive...

Rioli was an outstanding player also.

As for Roberts, I'm not going to enter the debate other then to say, such lengths of time dedicated to fairly blurred lines is pretty silly.

Whether someone is thought of as a very good player or a very very good player, it doesn't change the fact that they ultimately had an excellent career and contribution to the league. Such passionate debate over such matters is absurd.

Really, this thread is in the SD forum and Roberts has a greater importance to SD fans, surely a reasonable person could leave their fans be over what may be a small over emphasis of the quality of his career.

Is that you swan42? Sure as sheet sounds like your...errrr...logic??? :silly:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2878

• Get Around Me
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone know if Roberts plans to play on in the Amateur or Country Leagues? Surley there would be clubs lineing up to have a player of that quality come down to their clubs.

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2930

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Get Around Me wrote: Does anyone know if Roberts plans to play on in the Amateur or Country Leagues? Surley there would be clubs lineing up to have a player of that quality come down to their clubs.

Doubt it mate, he retired to concentrate on his Real Estate business and we all know when their most busy times are
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2944

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Subiaco have approached Roberts

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2948

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
suprised that East Perth through Dawson havnt given Roberts a car already..Subi may have offered the car through Phoenix Holden..

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2980

• Get Around Me
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks mate

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #2982

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: Subiaco have approached Roberts

Ahahaha your dreaming!!

Josh Roberts 11 years 3 months ago #4102

• ooslumbird
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
I have contacted Josh regarding an interview for a story.

Hopefully he'll get back to me.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 269 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020