Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7770

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: thing is boys, Walters had the choice of spending the rest of his footy career playing at SDFC or playing for the FFC......what more motivation did the fella need?....I guess Walters had the insight hachii to choose the lesser of those two evils.....and there in lies my answer BH ;)

A bit like those boys you had Simpson & Mourish having the choice between FFC & the EFFC & both choosing the much more impressive Mullewa FC hey freeze!! :whistle:
Given the choice of those 2 who could blame the fellas!! :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7778

• Hachii
  • s00z is G.O.A.T
  • Thank you received: 0

Freezin wrote: thing is boys, Walters had the choice of spending the rest of his footy career playing at SDFC or playing for the FFC......what more motivation did the fella need?....I guess Walters had the insight hachii to choose the lesser of those two evils.....and there in lies my answer BH ;)

Freeze, Freeze, Freeze. Your bias against this club is remarkable. Maybe the fact Walters had just become a father was the motivational rocket he needed, and helped him mature rapidly during last season? I reckon that would be a pretty good reason for trying really hard to resurrect a career at the top level. That, along with the (seemingly very effective), support of the club that he has played 50 league games for, since the age of 17? Also, is playing for Mullewa more attractive than playing AFL or WAFL, in terms of a long term career?
That ending only made the bad years' seem as if they never even happened...

Last edit: by Hachii. Reason: Freeze being anti - Swan Districts

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7792

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
BH, I totally agree with what you are saying....both Simpson and Mourish both thought the easy life in Gero was the better option for them.....Simpson to Mullewa FC and Mourish to Towns FC(not Mullewa fella, but I won't admonish you for getting that slight piece of info wrong, like you joyously did with the Bennell clan!)...that's life and personal choice and EFFC couldn't offer a better alternative... EFFC weren't an attractive enough or good enough option for these boys aspirations....big deal.....that's life....slap on the wrist to the EFFC :whistle:

Last edit: by Freezin.

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7794

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
hachii....what is more remarkable to me mate, is that I'm simply providing an alternative side to your argument.....and you and a few SD fellas here take it so personally :( .......I have no probs in saying EFFC could of done a shed load of things better on and off the footy field over the years, you fella's cant about SD tho......hachii you are living in fairy land if Walters hadn't thought....mmmmm what's better, life as a SDFC player or life as a FFC player?....his actions highlighted his personal loyalty and preference to Freo, not SDFC, if he was simply happy with his lot at SDFC he would of continued on his wayward path......but he saw more light at FFC than at SDFC.....not that the real SD fan would mind because they would of be looking out for Walters the person...not Walters the SD commodity!

Still don't understand how you guys can whinge with WCE wanting Newman to EP.....you keep saying 'look what SD did for Walters?'....but Newman isn't spending the off season and first part of the season solely at SD like Walters did, is he? You guys think a few scratchies at SD pre season and turning up for two hours on match day for SDFC....playing with no other WCE players.....IS BETTER for the kid.....simply because it worked for Walters!!.....two total different situations, one which WCE were at least trying to be proactive about, but all you SD guys here care about is that Newman should be kicking goals for SD and not EPFC......talk about having the kids best interests at heart :lol: If Newman was following the same rehab path as Walters, I'd back you guys to the hilt, but he's not.....and that's why I don't agree with you here....but you guys think it's just me having a dig at your precious SDFC.....harden up... it's just the flip side to your biased argument I guess....but you guys are so insular it's hilarious!! ;)....and that's why I keep coming back and posting here...and always will :P

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7795

• MarkOlsen
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
you must be having an awesome time in the uk if this is how you spend your holiday..

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7796

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
sadly the mother n law died champ and I've made a rush flight over to the UK to support my grieving wife....thus I'm sitting on a train for two hours and any distraction in my sombre mood at present is better than what's coming ahead in the next few days....but cheers for the SD fan nuturing holistic concerns Marky Mark. ;)

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7797

• MarkOlsen
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
in that case glad the Swans forum could cheer you up in what must be a sad time for you and your wife..
we'll be sure to keep the amusement up..
hopefully WAFL online is up and running this weekend as well..

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7799

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
always two side to every story MO, here's you thinking I'm wasting my holiday here in a UK, on the SD thread......and here's me thinking how can I cheer my mood up in this time of sadness......

yeah sadly no match report for you and BH this weekend....even if WAFL online is up and running....but hey I have no doubts, there will be plenty more weeks for me to contrive a few reports up for you two, before the year is out..... ;)

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7802

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Freezin wrote: sadly the mother n law died champ and I've made a rush flight over to the UK to support my grieving wife....thus I'm sitting on a train for two hours and any distraction in my sombre mood at present is better than what's coming ahead in the next few days....but cheers for the SD fan nuturing holistic concerns Marky Mark. ;)

My condolences Freezin.

But all this discussion about Newman is quite pointless really. The rules that the WAFC, the two WA AFL and WAFL clubs agree to, is that WA based players will remain at their WAFL clubs until the end of 2013 season, after that they will go the host club.

Regardless what arguments, evidence or benefits the WCE put forward, they agreed to this arrangement, so they must adhere to the rules. It's that simple !!

Murray Newman to East Perth 11 years 1 month ago #7813

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Jimmy Two Times wrote:

Freezin wrote: sadly the mother n law died champ and I've made a rush flight over to the UK to support my grieving wife....thus I'm sitting on a train for two hours and any distraction in my sombre mood at present is better than what's coming ahead in the next few days....but cheers for the SD fan nuturing holistic concerns Marky Mark. ;)

My condolences Freezin.

But all this discussion about Newman is quite pointless really. The rules that the WAFC, the two WA AFL and WAFL clubs agree to, is that WA based players will remain at their WAFL clubs until the end of 2013 season, after that they will go the host club.

Regardless what arguments, evidence or benefits the WCE put forward, they agreed to this arrangement, so they must adhere to the rules. It's that simple !!

Well said JTT but yet again the WCE think they can just come in & change the rules to suit themselves ..but what they didnt credit on was a club with a backbone putting their foot down & standing up to these power hungry boffins by saying NO! ..the SDFC wont bend over & take it up the clacker like the WAFC do to these cretins at a whim!! B)

P.S- Condolences to you & your Mrs freeze

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL