Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1612

• Underdog
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
How many warnings can you give him?

After receiving a kick from not being drafted in the ND, you'd think he'd knuckle down until after the rookie draft. Instead he goes to Essendon and reportedly trains pretty ordinary and then comes home and goes on a bender.

Let's be honest here, it didn't take a genius to know what he was required to do to be drafted and it wasn't difficult. He just needed to show desire and discipline. He failed. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1615

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Problems of his own makings me thinks, seventeen AFL clubs cant all be wrong!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1623

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
This is sad and crap and our AFL local scouts have alot to answer for as does the two local AFL Clubs.
they should have taken him.
He has does nothing that no other 18 year old footballer wouldnt do.
Good season in the WAFL will see him go next draft we hope

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1633

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Is the report he went on a bender a media rumour or is it fact?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1645

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Bullshit if he is as good as they reckon, the AFL clubs would be queuing up for his services, there is no smoke without fire, and very few 18 year old prospects who realy wanted to play the game would have his reputation they would have buckled up and had a go at it, maybe he can improve his off ground reputation in the coming years, its all up to him now!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1646

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

po.cocko wrote: Bullshit if he is as good as they reckon, the AFL clubs would be queuing up for his services, there is no smoke without fire, and very few 18 year old prospects who realy wanted to play the game would have his reputation they would have buckled up and had a go at it, maybe he can improve his off ground reputation in the coming years, its all up to him now!

Name a more talented 18 year old in this state then Mr Cocko? As Smart said you would reckon with the many thousands of $ spent on so called player welfare programs etc that we keep hearing about you would think a club would have backed themselves to take him on, and anyway what has he done wrong? Its been all hear say up til now
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1647

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Depends on how much he wants it really. Talent only gets you so far. Remember a very talented Eagles player a few years back - Ashley Sampi!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1653

• Master G
Yeah talent only gets you so far who ever said that must have had no talent at all Dayle has more talent then most of the guys who got drafted I think that most clubs are just blind and are dumb because this kid can really play and with guildance would be a champion but doesnt matter 2013 he can burn it up for us then the AFL can all starting kissing ass to get his signature.

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1659

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I read yesterday there may be a chance he will go to the VFL nxt yr, i would think the best place to showcase his talent would in the WAFL where its more open and dry

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1660

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
what Garlett should have done is get busted ordering drugs on a police tap, knock off a doctors prescription and go to the chemist and get some downers and he would have got drafted by the Eagles and had Kerr as his mentor.

as Smart said the afl clubs are hypocritical in having standards for some and not for others..

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 364 guests and 3 members online

• Swedgen
  • one time only
  • waflrules

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric