Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1085

• Hachii
  • Hachii's Avatar Topic Author
  • s00z is G.O.A.T
  • Thank you received: 0
Failed to get picked up in the National Draft. Would of been a certain top 20 pick if not for his indiscretions earlier this year. Should get a go in the pre-season draft, you'd think. The kid can play, no doubt that, will anyone take a chance with him and change his ways? If not, Swans will gladly keep him around.
That ending only made the bad years' seem as if they never even happened...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1088

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Pretty disgraceful the article and pic on the back of the West today though, real groundbreaking journalism from Duffield again..NOT! He is a disgrace to his profession..im glad he will be with us and he will get another go if he knuckles down and dominates the comp next year
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1099

• Dingo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
The kid posted that pic of himself on Instagram mate! Pretty stupid! And I believe has not been at training either? Perhaps got a wee bit ahead of himself.... hopefully lesson learned and he knuckles down at the Ducks.
Footy first!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1108

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
S'dog,

Who is at fault the writer (can't call him a journo) or the kid for being a muppet.

Seems like the behaviour is the issue not the fact that it was reported. Where was the control, the discipline and the desire to play at a higher level, seems to me that he just stopped caring or started to think he was beyond the rest of the draftees.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1110

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
maybe he should have ordered drugs over the phone or forged a prescription - that would have made him a hero at West Coast..

biggest beat up going around by the worst paper going around..

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1111

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I want to know when that pic was taken? Yeh it was dumb to post himself, but why should the Worst highlight it and play God with a players career? Footy journalism died a long time ago eg when Geoff Christian passed on
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1112

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeh good call

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1113

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
invited to train with Essendon, hope he takes the offer and makes the most of his 2nd chance..

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1114

• Growler
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1

Grump wrote: S'dog,

Who is at fault the writer (can't call him a journo) or the kid for being a muppet.

Seems like the behaviour is the issue not the fact that it was reported. Where was the control, the discipline and the desire to play at a higher level, seems to me that he just stopped caring or started to think he was beyond the rest of the draftees.

I have to agree with this opinion....
Just saw his interview on the TV
Seems to me even at his young age he has an opinion of himself overinflated and not yet deserved

Maybe more time earning it and less time being told you deserve it might make a difference
time will tell on this one - but I suspect a rocky road ahead...

Dayle Garlett 11 years 4 months ago #1118

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Garlett will be a monty for a rookie contract I reckon.....safest way of taking the kid on for little cost and easier to delist after a year if he doesn't buck his off field game up.

What's the deal with Luke Adams?.....no one likes to see any one hurt for no apparent reason, but it sounds like the kid didn't do himself any favours that night....hard lesson to learn I reckon....is he any chance of playing footy again?

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 376 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma