Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20100

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Time For a Flag wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: Hopefully 6000

Gee, and disappointing to hear of a crowd of only 3000approx (mind you it was the Sunday times) can anyone confirm? I mean these two clubs are the best supported in the wafl. Surly being a TV game doesn't keep real fans away. Does it?

Seriously what planet do you live on??
Because it certainly isnt Earth ..the only time 6000 attend WAFL H&A games since 1987 have been on the public holidays of Foundation Day, Anzac Day, Easter Monday etc & it was being televised on the ABC as well.
3000 wasnt a bad crowd at all considering it was the TV game & Swans abysmal home form!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20108

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote:

Gee, and disappointing to hear of a crowd of only 3000approx (mind you it was the Sunday times) can anyone confirm? I mean these two clubs are the best supported in the wafl. Surly being a TV game doesn't keep real fans away. Does it?

Because it certainly isnt Earth ..the only time 6000 attend WAFL H&A games since 1987 have been on the public holidays of Foundation Day, Anzac Day, Easter Monday etc & it was being televised on the ABC as well.
3000 wasnt a bad crowd at all considering it was the TV game & Swans abysmal home form!

Ha Ha he should change his username Time For A Flog.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20110

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote:

Yeh the last time SD v WP at Basso attracted a crowd of 6K or more was in 1985, nearly 30 years ago
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20114

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Survived playing ammos yesterday to head home and watch the replay of the SD v WP game. Considering the ladder situation I thought the game looked a little flat. The body language appeared to be poor at times from a number of SD players and I guess on what was a cracking day weather wise to play footy I expected to see a bit more intensity. Interested to hear if this was the case or if I'm reading in to something I saw on the telly that didn't exist. Happens occasionally to me when Judgey is in commentary!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20115

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

Dirty Weekender wrote: Survived playing ammos yesterday to head home and watch the replay of the SD v WP game. Considering the ladder situation I thought the game looked a little flat. The body language appeared to be poor at times from a number of SD players and I guess on what was a cracking day weather wise to play footy I expected to see a bit more intensity. Interested to hear if this was the case or if I'm reading in to something I saw on the telly that didn't exist. Happens occasionally to me when Judgey is in commentary!

With what was at stake & our poor record at home this year I thought we would have played with a lot more intensity DW but we were pretty ordinary all day to be honest & lacked spark highlighted or should I say lowlighted mostly by our abysmal field kicking, the nonsensical handball at all costs rubbish which has blighted our season to date & the lack of defensive pressure placed by our forwards eg tackling, chasing, blocking etc
This season is reminding me more & more of 1996 & 1997 were we had the team to give the Flag a shake put for varying reasons couldnt even make the finals in the end!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20127

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Survived playing ammos yesterday to head home and watch the replay of the SD v WP game. Considering the ladder situation I thought the game looked a little flat. The body language appeared to be poor at times from a number of SD players and I guess on what was a cracking day weather wise to play footy I expected to see a bit more intensity. Interested to hear if this was the case or if I'm reading in to something I saw on the telly that didn't exist. Happens occasionally to me when Judgey is in commentary!

With what was at stake & our poor record at home this year I thought we would have played with a lot more intensity DW but we were pretty ordinary all day to be honest & lacked spark highlighted or should I say lowlighted mostly by our abysmal field kicking, the nonsensical handball at all costs rubbish which has blighted our season to date & the lack of defensive pressure placed by our forwards eg tackling, chasing, blocking etc
This season is reminding me more & more of 1996 & 1997 were we had the team to give the Flag a shake put for varying reasons couldnt even make the finals in the end!

Yeah, the impression I got was a major lack of defensive pressure in the forward half. Garlett will need to step this side of his game up if he wants to succeed at the next level. One common denominator of all AFL small forwards is the defensive pressure they apply and currently he appears disinterested in this side of his game. Time will tell. Ball use looked ugly all day from both sides but we seemed to butcher it more which proved the difference from what I could see. Faulkner continues to impress me but he needs to clean up his disposal. Rest of the team could take a leaf out of Tallan's book when it comes to body language and intensity. Was thinking as I watched the game how he'd go at AFL level. Reckon he'd go alright. Nice fella too!

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20261

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Yeah, the impression I got was a major lack of defensive pressure in the forward half. Garlett will need to step this side of his game up if he wants to succeed at the next level. One common denominator of all AFL small forwards is the defensive pressure they apply and currently he appears disinterested in this side of his game. Time will tell. Ball use looked ugly all day from both sides but we seemed to butcher it more which proved the difference from what I could see. Faulkner continues to impress me but he needs to clean up his disposal. Rest of the team could take a leaf out of Tallan's book when it comes to body language and intensity. Was thinking as I watched the game how he'd go at AFL level. Reckon he'd go alright. Nice fella too!

Whilst Garlett's game was not good he had a few mates along for the ride. Bennell and Jetta certainly didn't play their best football on Saturday.

BH what did you think of Hildy's game and was he one of the players you were talking about in terms of handballs.

Faulkner continues to improve.

What was disappointing was the lack of intensity and a willingness to work when we didn't have the ball or when we did have it in our defence the lack of work rate to get in a position to be able to clear the ball from our defence.

I suspect there will be a few changes for the game on Saturday and some players who may be in contention for a recall would be Casserly, Rogers and Blight.

All is not lost yet but the mathematics of making the four is getting tighter.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20328

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Swan42, my view is that defeat by Perth on Saturday at Bassendean, which will put us 2 games out of the top 4 with 7 games to go will make it extremely difficult to make finals, particularly with a game against Claremont the week after. So this is a virtual elimination final for Swans, even though the mathematics will still make it possible. It is our record at home that is killing us this year.

Two Interesting names in the 2's 10 years 9 months ago #20356

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Swan42, my view is that defeat by Perth on Saturday at Bassendean, which will put us 2 games out of the top 4 with 7 games to go will make it extremely difficult to make finals, particularly with a game against Claremont the week after. So this is a virtual elimination final for Swans, even though the mathematics will still make it possible. It is our record at home that is killing us this year.

Huge game this week. Season over if we lose surely. Harding's job at end of the season on the line this week. Time to turn the 'on-switch' on if we indeed have one!!!

• Page:
Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 708 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977